(Topic ID: 67237)

77 Bally Eight Ball - Right sling won't fire, coil works.

By rockotaco1

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rockotaco1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've done a lot of different things to try to get this to work, but I just cant pinpoint it.

Leafs/contacts on the right side work properly, they make noise and register points but they don't activate the sling. I disconnected the left sling wires and connected them to the right sling and it fires no problem so I know it's not the coil. I'm kind of stuck as to what could be wrong.

Anyone know what "J" number on the back box that it connects to? Thanks for any help.

#2 10 years ago

Follow the wire color back to the driver board or just look in the manual. It is probably on the 15 pin connector that goes horizontally across the bottom of the board.

#3 10 years ago

Try this first. Ground the tab of transistor Q9 on the solenoid driver board, left sling should fire. Then try it on Q10, that's the right one. If it fires, the wiring is good and the transistor is likely bad. if it does not fire, you have a wiring issue.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll try it tonight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/77-bally-eight-ball-right-sling-wont-fire-coil-works and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.