(Topic ID: 111657)

75th Anniversary Wizard Of Oz LE#999 Jersey Jack in Westlake Ohio!!!!!

By TimeWarpBar

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

HOW DO I LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT WE JUST GOT A BRAND NEW JERSEY JACK 75TH ANNIVERSARY WIZARD OF OZ PINBALL MACHINE??? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED TIMEWARPBAR.COM
    WE ALSO HAVE CHICAGO COIN BIG BALL BOWLERS TOTALLY RESTORED!! HELP AND THANKS!!

#2 9 years ago

I think that you just did.

#3 9 years ago

All CAPS messages are generally frowned upon.

#4 9 years ago

sorry thanks no all caps anymore

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from TimeWarpBar:

HOW DO I LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT WE JUST GOT A BRAND NEW JERSEY JACK 75TH ANNIVERSARY WIZARD OF OZ PINBALL MACHINE???

I tweeted it.... It's trending.....

#6 9 years ago

Good to know. I travel to Westlake/ west Cleveland several times a year. Looks great.

#7 9 years ago

when i do the location it doesn't let me save westlake ohio 44145? where does it say I'm located to you guys?

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

All CAPS messages are generally frowned upon.

Good god.....life's too short to be an uptight a-hole. Loosen up

#10 9 years ago

Facebook, big stand up of the movie in the windows, wear a sign board with the message on it and walk around town, email all your pinball contacts, alert the press, put an ad in the newspaper that you'll have a Santa there so kids can play a game with Santa and get their picture took, tattoo your forehead and wander the bars and gin joints, post on rec Games Pinball, etc. etc.

LTG : )™

#11 9 years ago

Telemarketing program by Teledirect International of Davenport, Iowa.

#12 9 years ago

How do I let you know the right upper flipper is busted? I came in specifically to play it last week and was pretty disappointed.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from ktrain315:

How do I let you know the right upper flipper is busted? I came in specifically to play it last week and was pretty disappointed.

Let me think about how you would contact him and I'll let you know. Stand by!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from TimeWarpBar:

HOW DO I LET PEOPLE KNOW

Quoted from ktrain315:

How do I let you know

Quoted from wdpvideo:

I'll let you know.

#15 9 years ago

3 games for 2 bucks or we ain't comin!

#16 9 years ago

flipper is fixed jersey jack didn't put all the screws in it. you get additional games for a $5 purchase. its a great game and quite costly that pricing is good i think. or you can get $1 draft!! lol

#17 9 years ago

Beer + Pinball go together. Offer a pinside player discount to get the word out. Anyone who comes in and says "Pinside sent me" get's a free play & $1 draft, and for every friend they bring with - pitcher for $X for a limited time (state the dates).

That should about do it.

#18 9 years ago

You have plenty of room for a few more machines. The closest place for location pinball from you is about 15-20 min drive (16bit, Kidforce). I think a few more machines would help bring pinheads out, possibly making your place a league or tournament location, who knows. Maintenance is key though, if they don't work, no one will play.

I see in another thread you asking for suggestions on new machines. Again, there is location pinball not too far away with well working and maintained machines (at least at kidforce). Rather than going the direction of newer sterns and 90's DMD, maybe you need a pinball niche. Possibly some older solid state machines from the early 80's. However, I think it would be cool to have some of the higher end new titles all at one location. You already have WOZ. Next up is Hobbit, The Big Lebowski, and several others that have been announced, but who knows when will be available.

#19 9 years ago

I like it he jersey jack bc I bought my own machines and they fix them for you. Getting a vending company to blow $10k on pinball machine you have a better chance of hitting the lotto. So I need to stay with jersey jack I think, just wondering if you think the hobbit is too similar to woz. Jacks machines are so state of the art they are very easy to work on.

#20 9 years ago

Did u notice anything else wrong with the game? Did u get the 500k plus score???? My high is 250k that scores gonna stick

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from TimeWarpBar:

Getting a vending company to blow $10k on pinball machine

You paid 10K for this machine?

I have a WOZ (Love it) but if I had a location. I would have bought 2 HUO machines and put them on location to have two player options of play than to drop 10K However I am not a vendor nor have I ever been so what do I know.

#22 9 years ago

TimeWarpBar, throw some pictures of your place and machines up on here. Would love to see the Chicago Coin bowler!

#23 9 years ago

Yes 9500 why for a 75th shipped with dollar bill thats correct right?

#24 9 years ago

How much did u pay

#25 9 years ago

Well, about 3k less than you did. Not a 75th but they play the same. I have seen them sell on pinside for 7K so not sure why you would buy a 74th for 9.5K? That just seem high dollar for a location machine. I am not a vendor on location but for 9.5K you could have bought 2 or 3 games for that price. Again, love my WOZ but that just seem high to me. Of course this is just my take on it. I could be totally way off in left field. My thoughts are if the games are playable on location that ways far better than a broken one.

1 week later
    #26 9 years ago

I ended up paying the higher price for the 75th since it now sounds like they're making less 75th versions than the LE versions, so it'll be a little rarer.... maybe hold value a few hundred dollars higher... who knows...

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from benbethel:

I ended up paying the higher price for the 75th since it now sounds like they're making less 75th versions than the LE versions, so it'll be a little rarer.... maybe hold value a few hundred dollars higher... who knows...

If its HUO maybe but on location it will get a shit kicking and drop value. Put it in your bedroom and buy a lower model for location.

#28 9 years ago

I stopped up at Time Warp with a pal the other day to play your WOZ. It looked brand new, squeaky clean, fresh out of the box. If that has 4000 plays on it in a month, you're doing a heck of a job keeping it clean! It was my first time playing a 75th anniversary edition, and the game looked great. I like the red trim and the topper is nicer than the stock green one on the other versions of the game. There also seemed to be some additional toys stuck around the playfield. Not sure if those are part of the package or aftermarket mods.

The game room is nice and spacious and you have a good variety of things to play, but I specifically drove out there to play WOZ and honestly I was pretty disappointed. My main complaint with your game is that the GI was very dark and the rest of the room is already so dimly lit that it was very hard to see. If there's an adjustment for GI brightness, it definitely needs to be turned up. Otherwise, maybe look into some spotlights or different bulbs that will spread more light in the center of the lower playfield.

Issues that need serviced on the game...

- Every time you flip it scores 1 point and makes a "ding" sound. It shouldn't be this way. Not only is it super obnoxious to listen to, but it also scores points before the ball is in play which renders the ball save useless. The flippers are triggering a switch somewhere that needs to be fixed.
    - Drop target to the upper playfield is broken. It never pops up, so you can just keep shooting that VUK over and over to get back to completing RESCUE up top with no risk at all. Boring...
    - Winged monkey dropped the ball every time it was supposed to carry it up top.
    - I like location games to be audible, but the volume was so loud that it was really annoying. The "ding" every time I flipped definitely contributed to the problem. I'd imagine the staff and anyone else near the game hates it too.

After 2 games the "ding" sound really grated on us and we decided the game wasn't fun to play in its current condition, so we took off. We actually ended up playing the beater World Poker Tour at the pizza joint next door which also lasted about 2 games.

It sounds like you're doing well enough with your regular customers who may not know the game is kind of messed up, but I just wanted to give my honest review. If you get the game fixed up, post and let us know. I'd like to go back and play it some more if it's working properly. Also those ball bowlers looked nice, but they were in use so we didn't get to check them out. Next time.

#29 9 years ago

All of the issues with the pinball have been fixed. There are always bugs with a new game. The ball bowlers are fully functional again. The poker machines not sure what you are talking about but we have not had any issues. The lighting I don't understand what your speaking of please explain. Thanks and both the places you were in are time warp bar. I'm so sorry these games are new and have bugs(the bowlers are restored and WOZ is brand new. We keep our place very clean and it's in Westlake so we the games should always appear in newer condition. Jersey jack helped out with fixing all the issues. People like you help bc people that normally play had no idea anything was wrong. Thanks for your input and I hope you come back. Thanks.

#30 9 years ago

The majority of the people that have played pinball are just regulars. They are not hobbyists and would never realize that their is even a rule to the game. The play for drinks or money and have fun.

#31 9 years ago

Get Donny to throw some more games in there and make it a pinball haven! Wizard of Oz is an awesome start

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from benbethel:

This is the first I heard they will be making less RRs? What number will be made now?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/75th-anniversary-wizard-of-oz-le999-jersey-jack-in-westlake-ohio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.