• Latest reply 5 years ago by jake35
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
70059D7E-B9C4-4674-AE23-6DB50FA8C5DA (resized).jpeg
6C634C6B-A876-406B-9D13-6AB5C0DF3042 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Addams Family Gold (Special Collectors Edition), The

Added: 2019-02-27 04:35:20 UTC • Ended: August 22nd, 2019

Price

Wanted

Help me find my last machine for "My Pinball Bucket List" !!

I will drive or fly for a nice machine. Help me out pinsiders. If you hear of one available, let me know!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Ibogey9's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Ibogey9's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Crown Point, IN, US

#2 5 years ago

Good luck. I just picked up a domestic #949 that had never left the home, took me months to track it down but man was it worth it.

#3 5 years ago

First thing you need to accept is it is Never the Last pinball machine. These things are like potato chips, you just need One more.... Good luck in your quest!

#4 5 years ago

Last machine ! That’s funny I say that all the time ! I’m looking down the road with 2 NIB games coming .Good luck with your search !

#5 5 years ago
6C634C6B-A876-406B-9D13-6AB5C0DF3042 (resized).jpeg6C634C6B-A876-406B-9D13-6AB5C0DF3042 (resized).jpeg
#7 5 years ago

I have #823 , you seldom see these for sale much

#8 5 years ago

I have a TAFG still new in sealed box & I don’t even know what plague number is on it . The serial number is high so I’m hoping for #1000.
I Bought it quite a few years ago & at the time I paid what was a high premium for it for that day. And yes of course I bought a extra CPU board should the batteries have leaked. In my home I have a new out of box HUO regular Addams .
I can’t make up my mind to either pop the cork on the gold & open it or put a crazy price on it & let it go. Maybe one day I’ll put it on EBay to see how much someone would pay for it, for now I look at it as like a bottle of fine wine aging.

70059D7E-B9C4-4674-AE23-6DB50FA8C5DA (resized).jpeg70059D7E-B9C4-4674-AE23-6DB50FA8C5DA (resized).jpeg
#9 5 years ago

#0017 here. I think I bought mine back in 2002. Good luck finding one. It will be one of the last to leave my collection.

#10 5 years ago

I have #0950 had to buy a guy's whole collection of 6 machines to get it.

#11 5 years ago

I have # 768. This is my second gold. Owned it for many years.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Cool, I have #952

949,950 and 952 posted here

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Jokerz777:

I have a TAFG still new in sealed box & I don’t even know what plague number is on it . The serial number is high so I’m hoping for #1000.
I Bought it quite a few years ago & at the time I paid what was a high premium for it for that day. And yes of course I bought a extra CPU board should the batteries have leaked. In my home I have a new out of box HUO regular Addams .
I can’t make up my mind to either pop the cork on the gold & open it or put a crazy price on it & let it go. Maybe one day I’ll put it on EBay to see how much someone would pay for it, for now I look at it as like a bottle of fine wine aging.[quoted image]

Can't you just open top of box to see what number it is?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Jokerz777:

I can’t make up my mind to either pop the cork on the gold & open it or put a crazy price on it & let it go. Maybe one day I’ll put it on EBay to see how much someone would pay for it, for now I look at it as like a bottle of fine wine aging.[quoted image]

Man that is super amazing. I cant imagine there is too many left out there in the box like that.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Can't you just open top of box to see what number it is?

Did it come with the plate preinstalled or were they in the cabinet?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Did it come with the plate preinstalled or were they in the cabinet?

Should be on from factory.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I have #0950 had to buy a guy's whole collection of 6 machines to get it.

That's nuts. What others did you get

#18 5 years ago

I keep considering selling, but can’t bring myself to list it. I think it is worth more to me than the going price. What a great game, and then the limited version is very hard to find, especially in great condition.

Best of luck!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

That's nuts. What others did you get

Not nut's, sometimes you just have to do things like this.

#20 5 years ago

Agree with all the positive comments. Was always my grail pin. Had a few opportunities over the years but never pulled the trigger. Good luck!

#21 5 years ago

I think opening the top of the box would be like popping the cork to taste the wine & greatly take away from the value of it . Part of the value is in the suspense of not knowing what number is inside, kinda like opening a time capsule. I agree with the earlier post they are like potatoe chips & you gotta have more & more . For me it’s a serious addiction!
Yes I have many more new in box games that I don’t have room for in my house . Many are LE’s but only one other Bally / Williams & that is a Twilight Zone. The Twilight Zone has been opened by the distributor, they took the batteries out & slide it back in the box. I already have a HUO Twilight in my house . Of all the Pinballs I have I think if I could only keep one it would be Twilight Zone!

#22 5 years ago

Just moved my TAFG over to make room for Munsters LE! #730

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#23 5 years ago

Wow nib addams and tz... wld love to have those....

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Jokerz777:

I can’t make up my mind to either pop the cork on the gold & open it or put a crazy price on it & let it go.

Sell it for sure. Cash out when you can !

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Jokerz777:

Pinball machines are meant to be played, not sit around in a cardboard box. Open it and set it up, or sell it. It's not like someone is going to pay $65,000 for it one day...

#26 5 years ago

pop the top of that box, peek at the plate

#27 5 years ago

Don’t open the box. The number on the plate is completely irrelevant. The unopened box is worth more than any of us can put a number on at this time. One day, it may put a kid through college or buy you a new Malibu or something like that. There’s only one plate number that adds value, and we all know Lawlor has that game.

#28 5 years ago

I'd have to look at the top to see the plate. Plus it proves its not a box of rocks! No way I'd buy a sealed game without at least seeing the top of the inside. It's still technically new in the box.

#29 5 years ago

If you can pull pack the flap far enough to get one of those small flexible camera scopes in there just to take a peek, that would be cool. Hopefully there's not packing material or cardboard in front of the plaque.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Pinball machines are meant to be played, not sit around in a cardboard box. Open it and set it up, or sell it. It's not like someone is going to pay $65,000 for it one day...

Why is it only 2 choices , thats your opinion, I laid out a lot of $$$ for it & it’s my choice to keep it sealed in a box. I have over 100 Pinballs & can’t set them all up at once so I have plenty to play encluding a basically new out of box regular blue TAF. As far as the value goes & you think know what it won’t be worth well in my opinion is :
your out of touch with reality and youd be shocked what I have already been offered for it & didn’t sell it yet . Car collectors have in their collections some cars they drive & some they don’t , as far as my Pinball collection some I play & some I don’t.
Years ago i spent all my extra money buying Pinballs & people I worked with invested their money in stock on Wall Street for their futures, they told me I was foolish wasting money on Pinballs & at the time it felt that way to me & guess what when those planes hit the Towers they lost everything they worked for
but not only did my Pinballs NOT go down in value they went up in value & continue to. Who knows what a value is , it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it . About 8 years ago someone listed a new in the box TAFG on EBAY with a damaged box for $150,000 . When I saw it I thought the guy must be insane & it will never sell . It didn’t sell for $150K but I was told he did sell it for $100k.
Is it worth that .... not to me for sure but if you have deep pockets & want something that’s not anywhere else for sale , maybe just wants the experience of opening a Bally game who knows . Some people have lots of HA HA money to spend & again there’s only one available again it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it . I don’t have a Stern Surpreme but was shocked at the going rate for one ...$40K to $80K. Not worth that to me but that doesn’t mean I could tell someone else what it’s worth & set a price just because Im not in their league having that much HA HA money meaning I can’t afford to buy one. Big Boys buy big priced toys & if they want it they’ll buy it & that’s what it’s worth!
So when you speak your opinion it’s just that
“your opinion” & what’s good for you not a fact.

#31 5 years ago

What if you open it up and it's just a regular Addams Family.

#32 5 years ago

Well no decision has been made to sell it . That was just a rant for the person who thinks their opinion is the only one that’s right so maybe he’d understand just because he’s not in a position to just blow stupid money on something doesn’t mean other people may & to them it’s buying a experience not what’s in the box.
With all that said if it does get sold one day they will have pay for it as I did without opening the box because as I stated your buying a experience & if it was opened & than they said no more than half the value would be gone for good !
Look at the latest craze with kids buying these toys called “ LOL’S “ balls , boxes & cases . There is nothing inside worth what they paid for it they just paid for the experience & fun of it all. I know I have a 4 year old daughter & have spent a small fortune on LOL’s but the smile on her face is PRICELESS in my opinion!
And what the other guy doesn’t understand is the opinion of the person who worked for the money can spend it anyway they like & that’s the only opinion that matters in the end.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

If you can pull pack the flap far enough to get one of those small flexible camera scopes in there just to take a peek, that would be cool. Hopefully there's not packing material or cardboard in front of the plaque.

While this is a neat idea, in my mind much of the value that would be lost by opening the top all the way would still be lost using the camera. I think the value add of the box never being opened has most to the fact that nobody has ever looked in the box before. At least that's what holds the value in my mind.

#34 5 years ago

Well here's my opinion, " you will never loose money on that TAFG investment ! "

Very Kool !

Quoted from Jokerz777:

Well no decision has been made to sell it . That was just a rant for the person who thinks their opinion is the only one that’s right so maybe he’d understand just because he’s not in a position to just blow stupid money on something doesn’t mean other people may & to them it’s buying a experience not what’s in the box.
With all that said if it does get sold one day they will have pay for it as I did without opening the box because as I stated your buying a experience & if it was opened & than they said no more than half the value would be gone for good !
Look at the latest craze with kids buying these toys called “ LOL’S “ balls , boxes & cases . There is nothing inside worth what they paid for it they just paid for the experience & fun of it all. I know I have a 4 year old daughter & have spent a small fortune on LOL’s but the smile on her face is PRICELESS in my opinion!
And what the other guy doesn’t understand is the opinion of the person who worked for the money can spend it anyway they like & that’s the only opinion that matters in the end.

#35 5 years ago

I remember back when I bought my TAFG. I had to take a AFM at the same time - $4,600 & $2,900 respective. I didn't care that it was a Gold over the standard, it was more about finding a machine that wasn't beat to death. Seeing as I already had an AFM that machine was quickly moved on. The TAFG stayed for 5 years until I found some standard TAF's and that I decide to restore. The TAFG went up for sale seeing as it was the higher value machine and I didn't care which I kept. At that time it seemed like there was a lot of hate for TAFG - "it's not as pretty as TAF". Wish I would have kept the TAFG.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Jokerz777:

Why is it only 2 choices , thats your opinion, I laid out a lot of $$$ for it & it’s my choice to keep it sealed in a box. I have over 100 Pinballs & can’t set them all up at once so I have plenty to play encluding a basically new out of box regular blue TAF. As far as the value goes & you think know what it won’t be worth well in my opinion is :
your out of touch with reality and youd be shocked what I have already been offered for it & didn’t sell it yet . Car collectors have in their collections some cars they drive & some they don’t , as far as my Pinball collection some I play & some I don’t.
Years ago i spent all my extra money buying Pinballs & people I worked with invested their money in stock on Wall Street for their futures, they told me I was foolish wasting money on Pinballs & at the time it felt that way to me & guess what when those planes hit the Towers they lost everything they worked for
but not only did my Pinballs NOT go down in value they went up in value & continue to. Who knows what a value is , it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it . About 8 years ago someone listed a new in the box TAFG on EBAY with a damaged box for $150,000 . When I saw it I thought the guy must be insane & it will never sell . It didn’t sell for $150K but I was told he did sell it for $100k.
Is it worth that .... not to me for sure but if you have deep pockets & want something that’s not anywhere else for sale , maybe just wants the experience of opening a Bally game who knows . Some people have lots of HA HA money to spend & again there’s only one available again it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it . I don’t have a Stern Surpreme but was shocked at the going rate for one ...$40K to $80K. Not worth that to me but that doesn’t mean I could tell someone else what it’s worth & set a price just because Im not in their league having that much HA HA money meaning I can’t afford to buy one. Big Boys buy big priced toys & if they want it they’ll buy it & that’s what it’s worth!
So when you speak your opinion it’s just that
“your opinion” & what’s good for you not a fact.

$100k+? LOL! You take the cake for price pumping.

From what I've seen NIB pins typically sell for about double the normal value. That puts a NIB TAFG at around $20k, maybe $25k if someone wanted one bad. Someone paying 10x+ the normal value just because it's NIB is unfathomable.

#37 5 years ago

Didn’t this start as a WTB TAFG? OP, good luck in your search.

#38 5 years ago

10K for an Addams Gold ? My Addams is kinda unique, it was built for Europe but never made the trip.It was converted back for US at the Factory and sold to a guy In Bay Area CA .Game still has euro coin door and plastic coin box which is the only one I’ve ever seen. Here’s the best part guy was a collector but also had a route which he took the AFG and set it up in a upscale pizza /Italian restaurant. Game was there on night and he realized he had to bring it home where it was covered and never played ! It has maybe
100 plays it’s beautiful. I was offered 15K
Which was turned down it’s not 4 Sale !
I think the Munsters LE will look nice next
To it ! Good luck hunting down AFG

#39 5 years ago

I have a gold, bought in the late 90’s and won’t ever sell, compared to value today I got a very good deal. Number 300.

For a very long time the gold was worth 2x the standard. For some reason in there last few years you see a nice standard go for $6k to $8k if nice but the gold has been at 10k value for a very long time.
IMO, this game should still be worth 2x an equivalent standard. Meaning $12-16k. People will pay over $10 for a stern LE, TAFG is WAY better than any stern LE, no question. And will hold its value. See if a Stern LE is worth that kind of money in 15-20 years. No way

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Not nut's, sometimes you just have to do things like this.

I wasnt meaning that in a derogatory way. Just an interesting situation and would be worth it I'm sure.

I spent an entire day getting mine and and hauling it from DC to Chattanooga. Everyone thought I was nuts but they thought that already haha.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

I have a gold, bought in the late 90’s and won’t ever sell, compared to value today I got a very good deal. Number 300.
For a very long time the gold was worth 2x the standard. For some reason in there last few years you see a nice standard go for $6k to $8k if nice but the gold has been at 10k value for a very long time.
IMO, this game should still be worth 2x an equivalent standard. Meaning $12-16k. People will pay over $10 for a stern LE, TAFG is WAY better than any stern LE, no question. And will hold its value. See if a Stern LE is worth that kind of money in 15-20 years. No way

Interesting, $10k I will keep mine no doubt. 12-16k? I might consider selling to the right buyer.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

That is how I made my decision to buy a TAFG over a regular, why wouldn’t you spend a few eztra to have a TAFG. Hopefully us bumping the thread helps the OP find his.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Interesting, $10k I will keep mine no doubt. 12-16k? I might consider selling to the right buyer.

What number is yours? Do you have manual and cert?

#44 5 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine for $10k. Likewise, $12-16k would make me start thinking about it haha. I have #981, last day an Addams Family of any type rolled off the Williams floor. I just picked up a regular Addams and considered keeping it and selling the Gold since there are several people looking and I could have had more cash in pocket, but at the end of the day, even my wife who doesn't care a thing about pinball said to me, "You know though, there's something kind of cool about having the Gold..." I tend to agree...

#45 5 years ago

any luck?

#46 5 years ago

I would think condition trumps the number. But I was always curious, if Pat got number 1, who got #2,3 & 4 ?

#47 5 years ago

Heres the list, it has the owners names...

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/TAFGlist.htm

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/75758-wanted-addams-family-gold-special-collectors-edition-the and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.