Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
32EC3360-8839-4EA9-A812-E6FF130599A1 (resized).jpeg
Pinball (resized).png
TravelTime1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Smerk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Greetings all. Thought I'd start a new thread for what I hope is the final problem - As the title says clock does not stop after play started.

When a game is started the clock should be stopped until ball hits one of the top roll-overs. Once clock starts it can be stopped by either kick-out hole or draining (either centre or side roll-overs). I can play a full game till game over, everything else on playfield works - scoring, specials etc. If I hold the start relay it does stop the clock. I'll be honest and say I don't really know where to start with this. Any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated, Steve

TravelTime1 (resized).jpgTravelTime1 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Hi and thanks for responses -

HowardR - Both these lights work, but clock does not stop when it should (out lanes, drain etc). Start Relay is always energized until game over, then clock does stop, red light. Am I assuming that the start relay controls the counter? as I can stop it manually (holding start relay).

currriedog - After more thread searching I think I've bought the pin that was in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-travel-time-score-motor-problem-1#post-3965491 ...Showing score motor switches being left off by a previous owner. There's a reply from airmech showing a pic of (a working?) score motor. If this is incorrectly replaced I'll have to spend some time going through this when I have a moment. Sounds like this is the culprit.

nomo - Yes the pulse relay is working, pulsing the clock to the next increment.

Updates to come as I'm gagging to see the old girl back in full action. Thanks again, Steve

#8 5 years ago

Resolved!
Yes these switches on the cam were forward. Checked all the other switches you've mentioned. I must of missed the two roll over start buttons when I did my continuity test. One of them looked like it was squeezed together with pliers near the insulators/screws. I must've looked at the contact a dozens times, always where you least expect it I guess.

I've run a few games and it plays great.

Thanks for the help, Steve.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Smerk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/73-williams-segasa-travel-time-clock-wont-stop?tu=Smerk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.