(Topic ID: 255269)

720 (Skate or Die) Pinball by KME... please?

By skink91

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skink91
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200327-224658_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I recently posted this in a different thread, but afterwards thought I was so clever I needed to create a whole thread for it. I think this would actually be a killer theme for a pinball game, as you could basically just model it after the play of the arcade game and it would play great. What do you think? sk8ball could you get right on that?

#2 4 years ago

I seriously want a pin with a big halfpipe up top that I can get the pinball to catch air on hahaha... and at least one huge downhill and jump ramp each

#3 4 years ago

If there was a good way to have a ball catch air and minimize the damage to the pf and balls over time I would be totally on board for that.

#4 4 years ago

It’s called Radical

#5 4 years ago

Close, but not quite it.

#6 4 years ago

I just don’t think having a live swarm of bees in a game is feasible.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But it sure would be glorious.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#9 4 years ago

Probably would be pretty cool.
    I have an Atari 720 and love it.
    My 4 year old daughter thinks it's great too.
    Except she's into the shopping aspect of the game, skates around to buy shoes, pads etc, lol.
    At one time or another she's even completed each of the first 4 events, something some adults can't do.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

Except she's into the shopping aspect of the game, skates around to buy shoes, pads etc, lol.

I would want the upgrading your gear aspect to be part of it too!

#11 4 years ago

And for the love of skateboarding! Please put some punk music in it!!!

I’m about to go mad and modify my radical to have some ramones , the runaways, Sex Pistols, and misfits. No reason to reinvent the wheel, Radical! Is the game...

Now if we really want to get modern, I think a mix of 80’s 90’s, and current skateboard progression in the game could really be awesome. collect sponsors, collect gear, collect tricks (combos eventually). Some really good meat in there

#12 4 years ago

I’d encourage op to change topic title. No need to mislead people by insinuating xyz theme is being made by xyz designer.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

I’d encourage op to change topic title. No need to mislead people by insinuating xyz theme is being made by xyz designer.

Changed. Just wanted to emphasize exactly which designer I think would kill the theme.

5 months later
    #14 3 years ago

I would love this as a skateboarder of 34 years. I regret selling the last 720 I had. However, I don't think we are likely to see a skateboard themed pin again. If you did, it would be something more akin to the Tony Hawk franchise. While I do have a Radical and cherish it, a modern skateboard pin could offer a lot more.

#15 3 years ago

Here is my Radical...closest thing...Great game!
    Screenshot_20200327-224658_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200327-224658_Gallery (resized).jpg

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Clytor:

While I do have a Radical and cherish it, a modern skateboard pin could offer a lot more.

I want to believe.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elevatorman:

Here is my Radical...closest thing...Great game!
    [quoted image]

I was hoping Hot Wheels would be a modernized version of Radical, yet alas, it appears to be a disappointment.

Loved the 720* and Skate or Die games on NES as a kid (and who am I kidding...probably still would now... [I did collect "retro" games before pinball] ). Wasn't until recent years I got to play the Arcade version of 720* at a show.

#18 3 years ago

I have a 720 arcade game (what I personally consider the best arcade game in existence), never thought about putting a radical next to it.
    I really didn't need any more ideas, thanks...

#19 3 years ago

I’d be a buyer!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

I’d be a buyer!

Don’t get me wrong, I would probably buy anything Keith Elwin does... but what a theme.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/720-skate-or-die-pinball-by-kme?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.