Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Wild-Live-Work-09 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 7.30.54 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 7.31.10 AM (resized).png
BB (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Machine has 2 gates that open when a roll over switch is energized.
ONE.....(relay AA).... ball rolls over switch, opens gate, through open gate, back into shooter lane and as the ball is is plunged again it rolls over a shooter lane switch
which closes the gate..works fine
TWO...(relay BB) ..ball rolls over its switch, opens gate on left side for ball kicker, but that gate stays energized through the whole game.
It supposed to de energize after the ball is kicked OR after balls drains
What am I missing here?

BB (resized).jpgBB (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Your schematic shows that once BB fires, it holds itself on until:
- The O (Ball Return?) relay fires or
- The E (no idea) relay switch and the motor 4C switch both open at the same time.

If those three switches all seem to be doing the right thing, also check that the two Rollover switches open once they've been closed.

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to fire the BB relay and then manually open all five switches (one at at time) to see which one lets the BB relay release.

/Mark

#3 6 years ago

Looking at schematic the curcuit is de-energized when a switch on O is made at the end of each ball.

#4 6 years ago

FYI:

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 7.30.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-04-03 at 7.30.54 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 7.31.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-04-03 at 7.31.10 AM (resized).png

#5 6 years ago

I had this problem with mine. It seems like there's a short period of time where it cuts the power and if it doesn't drop in that time it will get reenergized. There's a switch that's triggered when it's open that holds the power.

Mine was the return spring on the gate. It could also be the switch itself I suppose.

#6 6 years ago

If you cut power to the machine, does the gate close?

#7 6 years ago

Hi mrbanjo
You write in post-1 "Gate on the right does function means closes when used". I have a question --- when You open the gate on the right - then You loose the ball between the flipper-bats (Gate on the right is open) --- the new ball is kicked over to the Shooter-Alley - as the ball rolls into the Shooter-Alley - question: Is the Gate on the right STILL OPEN --- and then You launch the ball - ball rolls upwards - and now the Gate on the right closes ? Greetings Rolf

#8 6 years ago

The BB is energized thru the rollover switches. A NC switch on 4c and a NC switch on E make a circuit thru a NC switch on O. A NO switch on BB holds the circuit open until the O (outhole) energizes and breaks the circuit.

#9 6 years ago

I believe the issue may be a switch that is staying contacted............I will pursue

#10 6 years ago

Hi mrbanjo
the pinsiders helping are on the problem --- You have two faults. "brown" is the Gate on the right --- the brown-4a is working - but not the BROWN-4B. Thats why the lemon-green-4 does not make the "Ball-Return on the left" to close when You loose the ball not using the Ball-Return on the left.

When You USE the Ball-Return on the left (dark-green) - then dark-green-4 and/or darkgreen-5 do not open. ("blue" is the activating of the E-Relay) Greetings Rolf

0Wild-Live-Work-09 (resized).jpg0Wild-Live-Work-09 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

A switch on O releases the gate circuit. 2 contacts are NC. If they do not open when O is energized (ball in outhole) the gate will not open when next ball is served. If the playfield switches are adjusted in a closed state the gate will stay opened.

#12 6 years ago

Thx people! Believe the problem was in the E and or O relay!!!!!!

Fixed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/72-wild-life-ball-kicker-stays-energized and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.