5ECEF0D5-03DA-42DB-B858-C9C0B3319527 (resized).jpeg
D5084059-FA9D-4B05-801B-EAFD297C6463 (resized).jpeg
F12E1A9C-002A-4B0E-9619-EDD2BB651411 (resized).jpeg
C417B327-80C7-45AA-AB83-8482ABD3EB9A (resized).jpeg
IMG_4989 (resized).jpeg
30394DCD-F446-47B1-A64C-BD96B75100B4 (resized).jpeg
8040597B-AE70-4C58-81D0-37894D3F6CB7 (resized).jpeg
B709E72E-C4D4-4B2E-9480-500425D7DB41 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waltrr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

I also had 2 but sold one a couple of years ago. It was a bit rough with what they called "barn dust" which was crud inside. Also had no switch/coil tags so I bought another to see what all of the tags were. Then someone wanted the old one for a project so it's gone and the nice one remains.
Anybody out there have the old barn crud machine? Just curious if it's up and running.

6 years later
#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Thanks much for the heads-up!
For now, I'll keep it like it is. Blasphemy, I know. But the 2 posts installed on mine look like they will hold up much longer than the original plastic setup, even if I would replace those broken plastics for fresh ones.

Pinball Rescue is closing tomorrow for good, so if you want anything, you need to do it now.

1 week later
#210 2 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

I got the 2 clear plastics from pinsider jbovenzi today. They originally came from Pinball Resque and fit perfectly. This hobby is going to miss Pinball Resque. I think I'll have some extra sets made up as my other 2 clear plastics are badly yellowed. I may even have some slingshot protectors made. Two questions. What is the best material to use for this project and if I do the slingshot protectors should they be clear or a color? Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue. Thanks to jbovenzi for his help. Let me know what you think. Thanks Don.

Quoted from fingersport:

Ok I want to test the waters. I took a complete set of clear plastics out of Fireball to a shop and asked for a price for 25 sets. I did complete sets and not just the two pieces that break because my guess is most Fireball clear plastics are yellowed like mine and the difference in cost was only about $15. Why not get a complete set. You will need to transfer the small bell shaped stand offs but a post in this topic covers how to do that. It does not look hard once you know the tricks. If someone finds that before I do please repost that here. Cost for the 6 piece set will be $50 plus shipping. I'm new at this so I'm not sure how to deal with the shipping part. The plastics will be made of a material that will stand up to any type of shipping so it may be possible to use bubble wrapped envelops. Not going to get rich with this project but it should be some fun helping out other Bally and Fireball Fans. If this works out I may do other Bally games from this time period. Let me know what you think and send me a PM if you want to get on the pre-order list. Thanks

I would take a set for sure. Count me in

1 month later
#219 2 years ago

Hey Donald,

I'm still in and will drop a check in the mail today. I'm really in no rush since my Fireball has been in line for resto for the last 15 years or more, so if you want to wait until the check clears, that's fine with me.
Maybe this will give me a little incentive to finally get it up and running. I've been sitting on a new set of plastics for years and was hoping for CPR to do playfields, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen. Mine's not bad, but a new one would be awesome

Thanks for getting these done,
Walt

1 month later
#228 2 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

OK...the first 4 checks have arrived and I sent out the plastic set for those orders on Thursday. All 4 orders should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Let me know if your order has not arrived by Wednesday. In other news I checked on shipping to Europe and Australia. Depending on the city, shipping was high. Very high. Between $50 to $70 US. This to me is crazy. I think the box weighs more than the plastic's. If you still want to order the plastic sets send me your full address in a PM and I'll get a exact quote. I fully understand if you drop out.
That still leaves 6 orders I don't have checks for. I'll send out PM reminder in a week or two. I still have 12 sets to sell so please continue to tell anyone who has a Fireball the set's are available. Thanks everyone who ordered and let me know your results. Don B...fingersport.

I received my plastics last week

Thank you!!

10 months later
#266 1 year ago

Hey Gang,

Can someome please do me a favor and measure the exact height the upper playfield is raised to on the high side?
I appreciate it and it would save me from dragging mine out of storage, which I will exentually have to do, but not for a while yet.

Thank you!!

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I can measure it tonight if nobody else chimes in.

Thank you!!

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

1 inch in the very back.
7/8 inch on the front.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so... much. I ended up with the NOS playfield, which is totally flat in this state and out being touched up, inserts flattened and cleared, it should be pretty sweet when it's done.

Thanks again!!
Walt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waltrr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/72-fireball-club-all-here-can-enter-valhalla?tu=waltrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.