5ECEF0D5-03DA-42DB-B858-C9C0B3319527 (resized).jpeg
D5084059-FA9D-4B05-801B-EAFD297C6463 (resized).jpeg
F12E1A9C-002A-4B0E-9619-EDD2BB651411 (resized).jpeg
C417B327-80C7-45AA-AB83-8482ABD3EB9A (resized).jpeg
IMG_4989 (resized).jpeg
30394DCD-F446-47B1-A64C-BD96B75100B4 (resized).jpeg
8040597B-AE70-4C58-81D0-37894D3F6CB7 (resized).jpeg
B709E72E-C4D4-4B2E-9480-500425D7DB41 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chas10e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from TheArrrrrcade:

Anyone know where to buy a lockdown bar for the EM Fireball? On the game that I have the glass was held in place via a drywall screw (Although that seems to be the least of its problems)
I see the ones for sale on Pinball Life are for '74 and later so I'm guessing those won't work.

this post is a year old but he still might have it , the table quoted it from '74 but that might be when they made the change to the slide in lass & not the lift up frame

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-bally-pf-glass-and-frame#post-2920882

shoot 'em a PM

would love to see that game going

Shawn

3 weeks later
#113 6 years ago

for giggles I took the lockdown bar off my Xenon and placed it in the receiver for my Joust and it fit pretty ok

IMG_1427 (resized).JPGIMG_1427 (resized).JPG

IMG_1428 (resized).JPGIMG_1428 (resized).JPG

Added over 5 years ago:

EDIT: The side-rails are wider on the flip-up glass frame making my Xenon lockdownbar un-useable

1 year later
#132 5 years ago

short story: the one you can use is the same as my #joust-bally P-5871-38

Long story: I took one off a #fireball-bally to compare and I noticed on the side where the ball exits into the shooter lane the arch had been rounded some. Joust being a single ball game I thought perhaps it it wasn't necessary. then I noticed my #wiggler wasn't rounded either. Wiggler has a different color scheme but all 3 arches are interchangeable bolt patterns and all.

I also took my Joust arch & fitted it on the Fireball to see if the ball hit when released and there was no problem at all.

IMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1757 (resized).JPGIMG_1757 (resized).JPG
#134 5 years ago

I couldn't really tell if factory or not. doesn't look like a hack job IMO. The only thing that puzzles me is that it wasn't necessary.

Would be interesting to see if it was indeed factory from another Fireball owner

IMG_1759 (resized).JPGIMG_1759 (resized).JPG
#136 5 years ago

I reassembled every thing after the pics ... Joust is a single ball game the ball rests on the out-hole at end of game and kicked from there into the shooter lane. it does pass one switch though, not sure why.

#fireball-bally & Wiggler the ball kicks from the out-hole into the through to be held up by the crescent ball gate and rests on 1 of 3 switches.

Posts 10 & 16 show pics other nice examples of this title with un-bent arches https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/72-fireball-club-all-here-can-enter-valhalla#post-2239414

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/72-fireball-club-all-here-can-enter-valhalla#post-2475401

Must be a typo in the manual or something

1 month later
#149 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I had a game on the weekend and in 2 ball m/ball I had one ball coming down the playfield and the other trapped on the right flipper.
I've hit the flipper, the ball hits the other ball coming down the playfield, both balls split up with one going in the left saucer and the other straight into the right saucer.
What an amazing shot to make, even though it was a fluke

You NEVER admit a shot like that is a fluke ... you say "I planned it all along"

2 weeks later
1 year later
#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I’ve got everything set up pretty well on this game now after getting it home a few weeks ago. One issue is still haunting me however.... occasionally after getting a ball locked into Odin or Wotan and releasing a ball into multiball if I drain a ball and still have the other in play and happen to knock one of the 2 balls back into the Odin or Wotan after the first one has drained, instead of releasing a new ball the machine advances to the next ball☹️. This is my first EM in my sea of solid states. Where should I look to correct this issue?

It's not a bug, it's a feature

That is how the "sequencing" goes .... probably why you don't see this game in tournaments. Say player 1 is up and this happens. it switches to player 2 & kicks out the ball in shooter lane, player 1 still thinks it's their ball & plunges ... instant D.Q.

The trick is when you see one draining, NOT to flip until you hear the score motor & outhole kicker to reload the trough.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Crap! Well that stinks.... thank you for the info though much appreciated. I’m guessing there isn’t a workaround other than to wait and listen for the score motor to reload? I have so many other pins on at the same time I’ll be lucky if I can hear it. You would think they would have used an interlocking relay or something similar to 4 million bc in order to avoid that annoyance. It would be a great tournament pin if that could be fixed.

Same thing can happen to you on the Solid State Fireball Classic as well.

I didn't get a whole lot of time on Four Million B.C. want to though

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Ha anyone on here rebuilt the spinner motor and or gear box? I’m having issues with it spinning slowly and humming at the moment. Any tips would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#motor
scroll down to "Lubricating a Score Motor."

It's setup the same as the spinning disc

You have to remove the motor from the frame to locate the "needle bearing" felt pad ... clean but do NOT lubricate the brass gears

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Thank you for the direction. I think I need more pics or something. I need to see what I’m taking apart. I’m a visual learner, the text I can read a hundred times, but without seeing, it just doesn’t always make sense to me. Any other examples or pics?

There is a pic there showing the place to put a couple drops of 3-1 oil

You have to remove the frame from the playfield (disc comes with it) then remove the motor from the frame to access that hole.

IMG_2054 (resized).JPGIMG_2054 (resized).JPGoil motor (resized).jpgoil motor (resized).jpg
#177 3 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Fixed the motor last night. Turned the game on today and I’m back to the same old crap! Motor is barley working again wtf..... lubed and cleaned. I guess I have to tear apart the motor and gearbox what a pita!

hmmm. I'm wondering if your getting a good strong voltage. does it spin smooth enough without power ?

I think the case it riveted together but 43 year old grease might need to be cleaned outta there. Take & post some good pics if you can ( I like pics too )

2 months later
#188 3 years ago
Quoted from adostrom:

I just joined Pinside, so I don't know if this is allowed, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules...
I'm looking to buy my first machine and playing a Fireball Home Edition machine was how I spent most of my college years. What should I expect to pay for a machine in good order (in not looking for a project)? I see one on eBay for $5K, but that just feels high.
Thanks!

Are you certain it was the Home edition ? there are 4 iterations of this game (at this post) 5K is a little much for any version unless a flawless original perhaps

Can you link the Ebay example or a screenshot ? ( shouldn't have to worry about someone buying it out from under you at that price

9 months later
#197 2 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

The one that broke on my Fireball is the plastic on the right in the machine. Its the smaller plastic ( the plastic on the left ) in the picture above. One other question. How do you remove and reinstall the metal stand offs that are attached to the plastic? Removal should be some what easy. (Maybe apply a little heat and wiggle the stand off out). Not sure how to reinstall on the new plastic and get a good fit. Anyone do this before?

here's a thread discussing the metal standoff posts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-sell-metal-bell-shaped-standoffs

EDIT: possibly a better thread ? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-amp-installing-bell-posts-on-new-plastics-vid-s-guide

1 year later
#277 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I am still in the process of clear coating my Fireball. I can't wait to get it operational. That's an interesting observation about how Fireball is more fun when you are able to do it multi-player.

Yeah Lock-stealing from player-to-player & even game-to game!

The lock sequencing kind of makes it an unfavorable game for tournament play because say a ball is rolling down the apron towards the drain if you flip & hit either Odin or Wotan before that ball hits the outhole it's the end of your ball then onto the next player. Thinking you just locked a ball when a ball arrives in the shooter lane. you plunge the next players ball thinking it was yourn :'(

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Question for everyone out there. Just picked up a Fireball but currently it has only one functioning coin mech, the rightmost coin slot. Upon inserting a quarter, the game awards three credits. I'd like to be able to set this at one coin/one credit as I'm considering putting it on location as a change of pace for my route, but have no idea how to change the coin settings to this as I'm clueless on EMs. Any advice?
Thanks-
Mike

I'm not exactly sure how the "3-rd" coin adjustment chute" works but I have a pic from a game that passed through here ...

IMG_1889 (resized).JPGIMG_1889 (resized).JPG
#282 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Thanks -
Looks like I can adjust the third chute to give two credits for one quarter but not one. Hmm. Not sure if 12.5 cents a game makes sense. Have to think about this one.
Mike

I think perhaps if you take the single Jones-plug and plug it into a drilled hole next to the female receiver, (basically not plugging it into anything) you may get a single coin for a single credit

2 weeks later
#285 1 year ago
Quoted from L3Enigma:

Hello All,
Noobie here. This is the first pin I fell hard for back in 1975.Local Bowling alley had one and i was hooked. Now I own one and it's functional but a little rough around the edges.
How many bells is this unit supposed to have? 10s and 1000s ring a bell, but the 100s do not. Also, the match function doesn't give the satisfying WHACK of a solenoid to the wood.
Any starting clues for me? Most internal labeling is long gone.

2 Bells , 1 on side wall of head & another on the "00-90 stepper unit" or match unit

behind the bell on the head there is a Jones plug to adjust when the bell rings. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-bally-fireball-1#post-5302100

2 months later
#344 1 year ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

10 point bell and makeshift clapper is installed.[quoted image][quoted image]

(see what I did thar ?)

2 months later
#446 1 year ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

EM’s are for morning playing and coffee drinking.
The faster stuff is for later in the day.

1 month later
#454 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Hey Guys, I'm trying to help a buddy who called me to say his Fireball shuts down when he hits the (left?) flipper. sounds like a flipper coil problem, can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience and what they did to resolve it.

Might have to ask him to clarify "shuts down" ... might be an oversensitive slam tilt switch

Quoted from embryonjohn:

Shuts down then restarts without a fuse being changed?
The left flipper activates the GI and Randy’s the game for play.
Sounds like something is reversed

I guess it could be a misadjusted leaf switch on the "anti-cheat relay" that keeps it held in

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Am I the only one who gets frustrated when I have a multi-ball going and one of the balls drains down a side out lane....but it takes too long to get back into the ball trough under the apron, and I lock a ball in the Wotan or Odin holes, and suddenly the ball ends. Feels like a total ripoff. haha I need to adjust my strategy to try and delay locking balls like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chas10e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/72-fireball-club-all-here-can-enter-valhalla?tu=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.