5ECEF0D5-03DA-42DB-B858-C9C0B3319527 (resized).jpeg
D5084059-FA9D-4B05-801B-EAFD297C6463 (resized).jpeg
F12E1A9C-002A-4B0E-9619-EDD2BB651411 (resized).jpeg
C417B327-80C7-45AA-AB83-8482ABD3EB9A (resized).jpeg
IMG_4989 (resized).jpeg
30394DCD-F446-47B1-A64C-BD96B75100B4 (resized).jpeg
8040597B-AE70-4C58-81D0-37894D3F6CB7 (resized).jpeg
B709E72E-C4D4-4B2E-9480-500425D7DB41 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jappie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 2 years ago

Joining the club with serial #4123!

A few weeks ago, I picked up this Fireball from the home of a hoarder that recently passed away. This man's sad family history included a son who died back in the 90s. This sons room was like a time capsule. Among his other posessions, the Fireball stood there untouched since 1998.

I have just finished fixing and cleaning the machine, which was very necessary. I'm quite happy with the way it came out. The wear at the flippers and one broken plastic are the only serious points of damage.

The machine plays nice and fast. But, however challenging I like to setup my machines, this one now is a little too nasty for my liking. The slingshots could be more reaponsive and really like to throw the balls into the outlanes. Does anybody have a tip on how to get the slings nice and snappy, without the machine gun effect kicking in?

20210602_224816 (resized).jpg20210602_224816 (resized).jpg
20210602_225158 (resized).jpg20210602_225158 (resized).jpg
20210602_224949 (resized).jpg20210602_224949 (resized).jpg
20210602_225302 (resized).jpg20210602_225302 (resized).jpg

#201 2 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

Your clear plastics are broken where the captive ball sits (you probably already know) which is a very common problem with Fireballs. The 2 posts in front are not original & have been added because of this.
However, you can buy replacement clear plastics from the Pinball Rescue from the link below is you want to restore the set up to original.
Pinball Rescue are closing for good on June 7, so you will need to order now if you happen to want them! I'm pretty sure you can't get them anywhere else.
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Fireball.html

Thanks much for the heads-up!

For now, I'll keep it like it is. Blasphemy, I know. But the 2 posts installed on mine look like they will hold up much longer than the original plastic setup, even if I would replace those broken plastics for fresh ones.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Pinball Rescue is closing tomorrow for good, so if you want anything, you need to do it now.

Thanks! I did check out their website and there wasn't anything I need right now.

I have a local source that can make new clear plastics for my Fireball if I should ever decide that my machine needs those.

#204 2 years ago

Back to my original question.

Quoted from Jappie:

Does anybody have a tip on how to get the slingshots nice and snappy, without the machine gun effect kicking in?

Who has the answer to this?

2 weeks later
#213 2 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Ok I want to test the waters. I took a complete set of clear plastics out of Fireball to a shop and asked for a price for 25 sets. I did complete sets and not just the two pieces that break because my guess is most Fireball clear plastics are yellowed like mine and the difference in cost was only about $15. Why not get a complete set. You will need to transfer the small bell shaped stand offs but a post in this topic covers how to do that. It does not look hard once you know the tricks. If someone finds that before I do please repost that here. Cost for the 6 piece set will be $50 plus shipping. I'm new at this so I'm not sure how to deal with the shipping part. The plastics will be made of a material that will stand up to any type of shipping so it may be possible to use bubble wrapped envelops. Not going to get rich with this project but it should be some fun helping out other Bally and Fireball Fans. If this works out I may do other Bally games from this time period. Let me know what you think and send me a PM if you want to get on the pre-order list. Thanks

PM sent

11 months later
#245 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Hoping to re-enter the club. Sold my Fireball many years back but recently agreed to purchase one that is a major project. The head is from another game and a correct Fireball head will have to be created from parts. I’d much rather buy an original head if anyone has a parts machine.
Fantastic

There was a complete Fireball head for sale here in The Netherlands a while ago. I contemplated on buying it but didn't in the end. I could try and see if I still have the seller as a contact and ask him who he sold it to if you don't mind to pay (probably very) high shipping costs...

1 week later
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Never hurts to ask..

Sorry, I don't seem to have the seller's data anymore.

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

I purchased a NOS Fireball backglass on Ebay a few years ago, luckily I managed to get it shipped to Australia safely & still in mint condition.
As seen in the pics it was still in the original wood packing crate, complete with newspaper pages from 1971!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is beautiful.

4 months later
#350 1 year ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

How close are your flipper tips to each other, when closed? Probably not related, but might be worth looking into. The armature plate can be finely adjusted.

Now here's something I didn't know... Interesting!

My flipper tips are quite far from each other when they're closed. how do I adjust this?

#351 1 year ago
Quoted from jlbintn:

There is a knocker, but it is puny. If you match, you most likely won't hear it because the ball is kicked out of the outhole into the trough about the same time the knocker plunges for the match.
I put in a Sega knocker, after taking off the diode. Much better sound. I'm looking around for a metal tip knocker plunger, and mounting it and a metal plate to get some cool sound.

I really like this idea. The original knocker is indeed quite sad.

1 month later
#436 1 year ago

My Fireball might not win any prizes in a beauty contest, she sure looks hella cool in this slow motion video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 12.00
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jappie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/72-fireball-club-all-here-can-enter-valhalla?tu=Jappie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.