(Topic ID: 49151)

72 Bally Fireball Reproduction Playfields - Who wants one?

By PACMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN3046.JPG
fireball_in_clear_booth_005.JPG
fireball_in_clear_booth_002.JPG
DSCN1354.JPG
image-23.jpg
NOTCH.jpg
FBPF3.jpg
FBPF2.jpg
FBPF1.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I'm seriously considering taking on this project. I'm a graphic artist and i have experience with screen printing and arcade restoration. I plan on scanning the artwork, vectorizing it in Illustrator and Pantone matching the 6 ink colors. It's not super complicated but will take some effort.

I believe i can get the blank playfields made/cut and i'm searching for a screen printer capable of pulling this off. Any help finding professionals that can help me with the playfield creation and printing is greatly appreciated.

I also plan on creating stencils for the cabinet. And perhaps remaking the plastics.

#2 10 years ago

Doood , its still too erly to be fn wit me. U seerius? count me in.

#3 10 years ago

Yeah I'm going for it.

#4 10 years ago

As I said in the reply to your PM to me > If someone sends me their NOS Playfield for scanning and artwork we would be more than happy to make it....

Stu
CPR Art Director

#5 10 years ago

At $600 or less, I'm in.

Marcus

#6 10 years ago

That's awesome Stu, but aren't you guys like 5-6 years out on new play fields?
My playfield isn't NOS but all the artwork is 95% intact so i'll be able to work with it. Actually all the artwork i restore is usually in a lot worse shape.

#7 10 years ago

How are you planning to "curl" the upper playfield after you cut it?

#8 10 years ago

Here's what my playfield looks like:

FBPF1.jpgFBPF1.jpg FBPF2.jpgFBPF2.jpg FBPF3.jpgFBPF3.jpg

#9 10 years ago

5-6 years out, say it isn't so! I'll wait of course

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Here's what my playfield looks like:

Looks a lot better than mine. Dibs on it when you find a replacement.

#11 10 years ago

How are you planning to "curl" the upper playfield after you cut it?

The whole bent wood Fireball thing is very simple. Very easy to repo.

There is a tiny "shipping tab" that holds the slotted section of the playfield intact during silkscreening.

When you are ready to swap, the restorer cuts out the notch with 2 strokes of a handsaw.

A "Z Plate" screws into the back of the playfield, pushing the slotted section of the playfield upwards. That's all there is to it.

Look at this NOS Fireball playfield I have:

NOTCH.jpgNOTCH.jpg

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The whole bent wood Fireball thing is very simple. Very easy to repo.
There is a tiny "shipping tab" that holds the slotted section of the playfield intact during silkscreening.
When you are ready to swap, the restorer cuts out the notch with 2 strokes of a handsaw.
A "Z Plate" screws into the back of the playfield, pushing the slotted section of the playfield upwards. That's all there is to it.

Your playfield is a Fireball Classic, correct?

Do you happen to know if this was the same method used in 1972?

Marcus

#13 10 years ago

Same AFAICT.

image-23.jpgimage-23.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

If someone sends me their NOS Playfield for scanning and artwork we would be more than happy to make it....

Quoted from vid1900:

Vid, send your playfield so Stu can make more!!!!!!!!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Vid, send your playfield so Stu can make more!!!!!!!!

I'd love to.

But the client I'm going to restore the game for needs a rock solid return date.

I can't just send it out and tell him "Well it might be a month, or it might be a year".

That's just not going to fly with him, at all.

#16 10 years ago

Just tell Stu you need it back by a certain date, he's a cool guy, he'll make it happen.

#17 10 years ago

I have already had this conversation with Vid and I could not commit to a firm return date. The best I can commit to is 6-8 months (I have so many projects going on).....Sorry guys....

Stu

#18 10 years ago

the folks at CPR do great work. I for one would be willing to wait

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Hugo:

the folks at CPR do great work. I for one would be willing to wait

Quoted from Stu:

The best I can commit to is 6-8 months

That is not a long wait at all.

I've waited much longer for other CPR playfields.

C'mon Vid, do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#20 10 years ago

Vid's playfield is a Fireball Classic, right? We need an EM Fireball playfield. Someone (I think Vid?) said they know someone with a NOS EM Fireball playfield but that they want a small fortune for it. What was the price?

P.S.

PAC- I'm in!

#21 10 years ago

I am in..

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

That is not a long wait at all.

I've waited much longer for other CPR playfields.

C'mon Vid, do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Stu is not saying 6-8 months until CPR produces playfields, he's saying 6-8 months until he can return the NOS Fireball playfield to me.

If I just had it sitting in my rack, I could loan it out for 8 months. But my client is giving the machine to his dad sometime in November for a birthday present.

I've got to clear coat it after getting it back too, so there is just not enough time.

The best I can do for you guys is that if somebody wants to pay for a Cruse Scanning, I can probably get both sides done and you can get the art and CAD info from there.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Someone (I think Vid?) said they know someone with a NOS EM Fireball playfield but that they want a small fortune for it. What was the price?

It was something insane like $2500.

#24 10 years ago

Actually Vid, If you want to send me the NOS Board I can have it Scanned & Log the Correct PMS Colors and then return it to you. However, prior to starting the artwork someone would have to send me their 'used' board to have here while I draw the artwork, and then I would send the same used board to Mike at CPR for creating the CAD File....Win/Win

Stu

Quoted from vid1900:

The best I can do for you guys is that if somebody wants to pay for a Cruse Scanning, I can probably get both sides done and you can get the art and CAD info from there

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It was something insane like $2500.

It has to be the only one left in the world, right? Perhaps we Kickstarter the purchase of this relic for reproduction purposes.

#26 10 years ago

I'm sure there are a few more floating around in some old ops warehouses somewhere (collecting dust).....

#27 10 years ago

Stu. I have a fireball classic playfield in my parts stash that you could use after you give back vid1900's.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Actually Vid, If you want to send me the NOS Board I can have it Scanned & Log the Correct PMS Colors and then return it to you. However, prior to starting the artwork someone would have to send me their 'used' board to have here while I draw the artwork, and then I would send the same used board to Mike at CPR for creating the CAD File....Win/Win
Stu

That I can do, assuming a month turn around time?

#29 10 years ago

kewl...Thanks Kris....

#30 10 years ago

I can turn it around in a month from the date I receive it....PM me & I'll give you my Contact Info.....

Stu

Quoted from vid1900:

That I can do, assuming a month turn around time

#31 10 years ago

Let's do this! I'm all in.

#32 10 years ago

If anyone has an NOS or Super Nice set of Fireball Classic Plastics they can send me I'll do those too...

#33 10 years ago

Vid or Stu, To be clear, are you moving forward on Fireball or Fireball Classic playfields?

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Vid or Stu, To be clear, are you moving forward on Fireball or Fireball Classic playfields?

I have a NOS Classic in my possession and I know of an NOS EM that I might be able to borrow (but I'm not making any promises) .

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know of an NOS EM that I might be able to borrow (but I'm not making any promises) .

Let me know if it's for sale! I still have two good kidneys, I could make do with one.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have a NOS Classic in my possession and I know of an NOS EM that I might be able to borrow (but I'm not making any promises) .

Ok thanks for clarifying. So as far as 72 EM Fireball playfields go we are still at square one.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let me know if it's for sale! I still have two good kidneys, I could make do with one.

Quoted from PACMAN:

Ok thanks for clarifying. So as far as 72 EM Fireball playfields go we are still at square one.

It could go 3 ways:

1. He lets us borrow the playfield for scanning.

2. He sells us the playfield.

3. He does not want to help us at all.

When I get home Saturday, I'll find his number and make the call.

#38 10 years ago

Great! Thanks Vid, i'm ready to pony up the cash.

#39 10 years ago

Add me to the preorder list for the EM Fireball if this happens! Great idea guys!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Great! Thanks Vid, i'm ready to pony up the cash.

I might need that kidney for a few more days.

#41 10 years ago

Thanks, Vid! Hopefully, it belongs to a generous person.

#42 10 years ago

So, this is what I'm dealing with. Besides this the backglass is perfect, the cabinet fair, and except for some occasional smoke the game works 100%. This is why I'm all in. It is Fireball after all. I could also use the plastic that holds the captive ball on the left side (note the copper tube mod).

DSCN1354.JPGDSCN1354.JPG

#43 10 years ago

Any more action on this would be cool! Bump!

#44 10 years ago

Here is a nice one I restored for a friend out in sunny ca

fireball_in_clear_booth_002.JPGfireball_in_clear_booth_002.JPG fireball_in_clear_booth_005.JPGfireball_in_clear_booth_005.JPG

#45 10 years ago

Could you do this with mine?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Here is a nice one I restored for a friend out in sunny ca

Nice Ron. Do you ave any before pics?

Do you suppose your friend in sunny CA would consider sending it to Stu at CPR for a while? Then we would be in business.

#47 10 years ago

Not today, it's rainy.

#48 10 years ago

You mean, Sunny is not the name of the town?

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

You mean, Sunny is not the name of the town?

No, it's a way of life.

#50 10 years ago

Judging by your profile pic, I think I'll stay in Nebraska!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 12.00
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/72-bally-fireball-reproduction-playfields-who-wants-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.