You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

what is the going rate for a nice fireball
bg near mint
pf a little wear near pb nice other wise
no broken plastics
original cab w a few touch ups
i know it's worth what what someone is willing to pay but i am curious what others have paid.
us version

#2 8 years ago

I wonder, too, because I have one I'm considering selling.

This nice one in Texas just sold on Pinside. I'm led to believe it sold for something approaching $2,400, but it's hard to say.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fireball-bally-1972-1973

Recently, I've seen a couple pop up on here including these ones currently at $2,000 and $1,500.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fireball-bally-1972-1974

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fireball-bally-1972-1975

I searched for a long time for mine and paid top dollar, but I can't say I regret it. The most fun I ever had playing pinball was the first time I played Fireball with a friend at PAPA. (Game after game after game!)

#3 8 years ago

Also, I guess it's worth noting that the price dropped a good bit in the Mr. Pinball Price Guide between 2014 and 2015.

#4 8 years ago

Fireball is one of those games that everyone thinks is such a great game, and it goes for a high dollar amount. Then you play it and you find out it's really just an average game.

I remember playing it when it came out and thinking it was the coolest thing ever-probably was that spinning platter than made me think that. The zipper flippers are cool but I already owned a game with those. The multiball was different, but that's something I've never really been a fan of. Really, there's not a lot to do on the game but get the balls locked and then start multiball.

I used to want it, based on the memory of playing it when it first came out. They I played it again a few years ago and totally changed my mind. I wouldn't mind having it at the right price, but the right price would only bring a totally roached game.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Then you play it and you find out it's really just an average game.

I pretty much agree. Like I said, first couple games were the most fun I've ever had playing pinball. Once you know how to play it and realize the skill shot does trump everything, yes, it loses a little something.

Still, the skillshot is one of the best.

And the art is definitely 10/10!

#6 8 years ago

No doubt, great artwork. It's up there with the best, including games like C37, which is a real looker but like Fireball, an average player. I still think Old Chicago might be one of the best ever artwork wise, and Fireball is right there. Bally had some great artwork around this time.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Once you know how to play it and realize the skill shot does trump everything, yes, it loses a little something.

The skill shot is important but it does not trump everything. Locking / unlocking balls pays a lot.
My Fireball is not moving anywhere.

#8 8 years ago

Artwork is great but it's not that much fun to play and I feel it's an over rated title.

Bruce

#9 8 years ago

$1000 for a beater up to $3000 for collector quality is what I have seen.

#10 8 years ago

I don't buy the "Fireball is a mediocre game" deal. It's a super fun and unique game and it's incredibly rewarding to have a good game - or even good ball - on it.

The Skill shot is probably the best in pinball with just the right amount of difficulty, and it's incredibly important. Hitting targets to light up the 1,000 point add ons to various shots is challenging and fun and so is backhanding the right alley when it's lit for 2,000 or 3,000 to score big points. Not to mention the zipper flippers, multiball, kickback, and spinning disc are incredible novelties.

I don't like many pre 1976 Ballys but I like Fireball. It deserves it's reputation and value and proves that unique and different can be fun in pinball.

#11 8 years ago

My favorite feature of this game was releasing the odin when the moving bonus was on 5000 pts. The five dings of that bell was such a rewarding sound.

#12 8 years ago

The market for Fireball is very diverse. I sold my restored Fireball for $6,500. Other restored examples have fetched north of $4,000 in this area (Dallas TX).

I have seen some great condition Fireballs sell for $2K and I have seen them sell for $800.

All of these have occurred since the fall of 2013.

In today's market, I would value a working Fireball in average condition to be worth roughly $1,200-$1,500. Once the cosmetics improve, the game's price becomes higher and higher.

The Fireball that is listed for $1,500 on the market is a great deal. I just wish he was closer. If I could find a way to safely ship it for $200, then I would have taken a shot at buying the game.

Marcus

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

The skill shot is important but it does not trump everything. Locking / unlocking balls pays a lot.
My Fireball is not moving anywhere.

Locking and unlocking balls is very important because you get more skill shots I'll never understand criticizing EMs for repetitive strategies though. You can boil so many games down to "Maximize the bonus" or "Light and rip the spinner". Doesn't make them any less fun.

#14 8 years ago

I've had three Fireballs and said the last one would never leave. That being said, after I finally got the this game used to kick my ass when I was a kid out of my system I let it go to somebody that wanted it real bad. Ended up with a Capersville that I had never played thanks to Boilerman and it is a fine multiball game. Makes it so I don't really miss Fireball that much. Plus I ended up with a few more as part of the Fireball deal. Fireball does deserve a place as one of the most unique games of the early 70s.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Locking and unlocking balls is very important because you get more skill shots I'll never understand criticizing EMs for repetitive strategies though. You can boil so many games down to "Maximize the bonus" or "Light and rip the spinner". Doesn't make them any less fun.

Fact!

"Rinse and repeat" is a shallow criticism of any pinball machine.

#16 8 years ago

Bought mine for $800 2 years ago from a RI "seller" who listed it under pin (space) ball on Craigslist. Would now neve-ever sell it. My son told me its going with him to college. It's now an instant family heirloom. It's the best. Buy it and don't look back or think about the money.

#18 8 years ago

This is a solid deal.

Fireball is a fun game, and one of the few non-Gottliebs in the collection here. It's earned a spot.

#19 8 years ago

Over the past two years I've seen Fireballs for sale between $900 and $2200. Mint examples go for around $2500...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/72-bally-fireball-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.