Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a Bally Sea Ray that every other 10 point triggers the 00-09 counter and also locks on the credit relay. The credit counter keeps counting down until I manually move the 00-09 unit by hand. Also I need a schematic and any other paper I can find. Can anyone email me a copy if you have it please?

#2 10 years ago

I'm not sure about the specific issue you're encountering (haven't had time to scrutinize it properly) but check here for the schematic:

https://ia601001.us.archive.org/22/items/SearaySchematic/searay_full_compressed.pdf

#3 10 years ago

I took a quick look at the schematic. Is it 100% reliable that the problem happens every other 10-point score? It never skips, repeats, or otherwise varies the pattern, correct? There's one set of contacts that behaves in that way as the stepper moves, and it's the Up-Post award for the left alley (in even states the left alley will put the post up, and in odd states it won't). That has nothing to do with the credit relay, so maybe clean your jones plugs and rule out any shorts in the wiring and plugs of both the male and female sides (pesky screws lurking underneath, etc.). Just a guess, to start with.

Love that game, by the way. Hope yours is working soon!

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the link to the schematics and the help in the direction. Hope I find the trouble soon. Happy Holidays to everyone.

#5 10 years ago

Ok, I checked the contacts in the cabinet. Seems good. The problem is intermittent, mostly screwing up. I noticed that with every 10pt trigger, the 00-90 stepper gets triggered too. But every other time the 00-09 unit is triggered, the credit relay locks on and the game counter just keeps taking away games and doesn't stop until I manually trigger the 00-90 unit. The problem making want to pull out what hair I have left. AAHHHHH!!!!!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from dskeys63:

I noticed that with every 10pt trigger, the 00-90 stepper gets triggered too.

Look at the bottom of the schematic halfway between the # 20 - #21,scroll up a bit and above the transformer image you will see how the up-post >10 point relay>triggers the> 00-90 solenoid. <Normal operation.

Quoted from dskeys63:

the credit relay locks on and the game counter just keeps taking away games and doesn't stop until I manually trigger the 00-90 unit.

Look at the contacts of the credit and coin relays as they may be too close that vibration is triggering the credit unit.
Follow the schematic path #8C thru #8E

#7 10 years ago

Fixed..It happened to be a short between two connections half way up on the larger connector in the back box. Just intermittent. The machine now works 100%. Thanks for the help.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dskeys63:

The machine now works 100%

Cool beans.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from dskeys63:

Fixed..It happened to be a short between two connections half way up on the larger connector in the back box. Just intermittent. The machine now works 100%. Thanks for the help.

A good set of eye's, Schematic, and Manual goes a long way with EM repair.

Congrats on your fix.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/71-bally-sea-ray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.