(Topic ID: 5675)

70's William's EM always on four players

By Toughgirl

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

This was a bit of a hair puller, so I figured I'd post the solution in case someone else is searching for it. Have a 72 William's Fantastic that always started on a four player game, regardless of how many players were selected. The problem was in the rear stepper unit (in cabinet), someone jammed their fat fingers between the stepper fingers and slightly bent them so they weren't touching ground. The playfield needed to be removed to see the problem since it was all the way in back of the cabinet. We found two fingers bent up, so with a little finesse with some thin needle nose pliers the pins were bent back to their original shape and viola! The game starts and stays on how ever many players selected. Nice to be able to play one player when you want one player
Hope this helps someone else from going crazy!

#2 12 years ago

Nice fix Toughgirl
-thanks for sharing

#3 12 years ago

I was thinking of posting solutions to some weird problems as we come across them. I know I search for solutions online when we can't figure something out, so I assume a thousand other people do the same thing. This one made no sense, so it really was a relief to fix it. Playing 20 balls per game gets old, fast!

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Toughgirl:

I was thinking of posting solutions to some weird problems as we come across them.

Great post and one I'll keep in the back of my mind as I work to refurb an EM. I think making posts like this are a good idea and very helpful as well. I'll certainly contribute as I run across oddities like this.

#5 12 years ago

Well what I do - may sound oldish
keep a note book of the problem and how I fixed it finally ,
When someone posts a symptom I open the book and see if I had the same thing happen to me.
most of the times it's common stuff ball count, wrong player, game never ending , etc
but it's crazy trying to remember why when you keep moving a pin why it wont start up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/70s-williams-em-always-on-four-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.