Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-31_at_4.39.48_PM_(resized).png
IMG_2855_(resized).JPG
IMG_7304_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-31_at_8.33.08_AM_(resized).png

#1 8 years ago

Working on a 1976 Williams Space Mission and I think I'm missing the latch plate for the coin door lock (part# 1A-3574). A previous owner installed a kludgy homemade locking mech and now that I've undone it there's a ton of slop when the door is closed.

Would someone be able to snap a pic of the inside of their cab to confirm?

Thank you!

IMG_7304_(resized).JPGIMG_7304_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-31_at_8.33.08_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-31_at_8.33.08_AM_(resized).png

#2 8 years ago

Williams did have a metal plate on the cabinet that had a matching "notch" to that lock cam you see in the catalog picture. Sometimes, operators would remove the plate when replacing the lock with their route locks since standard locks don't have the notch.

You can remove slop by putting a bend in your lock cam. Don't bend it on the lock as you may strip the nut/bolt. Place the end with the square/oval in a vice, and close a crescent wrench on the other end to make the bend. Put the wrench tips as low as you can go and put an excessive bend and then, slide the tips towards the end and bend back somewhat to try to put a Z bend in the cam.

Of course, a pre-bent ofset cam is easier if you have access to them.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice.

So in the diagram 1A-3574 is the cam and 1B-6249 is the plate?

#4 8 years ago

No, its hard to tell but that plate has a hole in it that the lock body passes through. The lock cam passes through the slot, the plates and the notched cams are all in an attempt to help prevent the doors being pried open by bending back the cam.

If no one comes through, the next time I am at the in-laws, I will take a photo of the plate I'd its still in my dealers choice.

#5 8 years ago

Does this help..from my 69 Williams Suspense

IMG_2855_(resized).JPGIMG_2855_(resized).JPG

#6 8 years ago

Grand Prix looks the same as the pic above.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks all! Much appreciated.

#8 8 years ago

You can buy the Cam Lock here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1A-3574

The other bracket you may have to find used.

Ken

#9 8 years ago

Found the latch plate in the manual:

Screen_Shot_2016-01-31_at_4.39.48_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-31_at_4.39.48_PM_(resized).png

I'm probably just going to bend the generic cam for the time being. Thanks again.

#10 8 years ago

I might have one of those, have to look through my parts boxes.

#11 8 years ago

Got one. Let me know if you need it

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#12 8 years ago

Cool, thanks for the offer. I'm going to see where I get with the offset cam first. Will let you know.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

You can buy the Cam Lock here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1A-3574
The other bracket you may have to find used.
Ken

I already got you that info.

#14 8 years ago

I mean I'm going to see where I get bending an offset into the standard lock cam.

#15 8 years ago

Not that it is cost effective to place a single item order with Happ but they do carry a pre-bent cam:

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/security/30-1113-00

Its also available for ACE or GEM locks (the small oval hole) too.

But some of the cheaper locks have such thin cams, its very easy to put the offset in yourself as long as you have access to a bench mounted vice. It can be done with a pair of Vice grips and a crescent too but that takes a bit more talent!

#16 8 years ago

Bending the stock cam in a vise worked out great. Thanks again for the advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/70s-williams-coin-door-pic-request and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.