Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Spider3582
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Knock_Out__(resized).jpg
    Barnacle_Bill__(resized).jpg
    Backglass_(resized).jpg
    image-8_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I will be looking to buy a 70s Wedgehead at Pinfest 2016. Between 500 - 1000 bucks. Doesn't have to work but would want nothing missing. Any heads up. Will be there Friday

#2 8 years ago

They never made any wedgehead woodrails in the '70s if that's what you mean by a wedgewood!
    No, seriously though, you shouldn't have a problem finding something to fit the bill. Any specific titles?

#3 8 years ago

Yea you should have said 400-600, now the sharks will be circling

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Yea you should have said 400-600, now the sharks will be circling

"Just what exactly are you implying!!!"

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

Wedgewood ha-ha I never noticed that. Any Wedgehead will do except the 3 I have. Sure shot, Grand Slam, Drop a Card. As long as I get a good buy.

#6 8 years ago

I will have a Gottlieb Baseball 1970 and a Gottlieb Buccaneer 1976 at Allentown, both working machines and both in your price range. PM if any interest with an email address for pictures.

#7 8 years ago

You should have no problem finding a game in that price range as others say. You not only can get a project in the flee market section, but even out on the free play floor where you can play it before offering to buy it. The free play area will definitely have games that could use more restoration work.

#8 8 years ago

Hi Spidey,

I'll have my Flip-a-Card there in freeplay in your price range...haven't decided a price yet, but I've been asking 900 for it when I take it to shows...everything negotiable. I'll also have a Bank-a-Ball, but that's from the 60's. LMK if you want some pics...

Sean

#9 8 years ago

Flip a card is a 2" flipper game. I have a Drop a Card with 2" flippers . I prefer 3" . That's why I said 70's but thank you for your response. If you come up with anything else let me know. I'm going to Pinfest for the reason to buy a game. Thought maybe I could get a head start here. Will be my first time there

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spider3582:

Flip a card is a 2" flipper game. I have a Drop a Card with 2" flippers . I prefer 3" . That's why I said 70's but thank you for your response. If you come up with anything else let me know. I'm going to Pinfest for the reason to buy a game. Thought maybe I could get a head start here. Will be my first time there

2" flippers up to 1972 , Pop a Card. Yeah say 400-600 and you'll see those Saturday afternoon when everyone is looking to move games . Thursday afternoon is when the cherries get plucked

#11 8 years ago

So what's it going to be, the wedge.....

image-8_(resized).jpgimage-8_(resized).jpg

or the wood....

Backglass_(resized).jpgBackglass_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago

I plan on bringing a 61 Gottlieb Showboat. It has four two inch flippers. That's more flippers for your money.

#13 8 years ago

The artwork on those 60's Gottliebs is second to none.

#14 8 years ago

Some of Roy Parker's work from the 40s and 50s is not too shabby either.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Some of Roy Parker's work from the 40s and 50s is not too shabby either.

Two of my favorites of Parker's busy and comical artwork - '49 Barnacle Bill and '50 Knock Out

Barnacle_Bill__(resized).jpgBarnacle_Bill__(resized).jpg

Knock_Out__(resized).jpgKnock_Out__(resized).jpg

#16 8 years ago

Machines in the 50's and 60's were works of art. The one thing I didn't like was the gap between the flippers ( mostly Gottliebs in the 60's) was to wide . I don't understand why they made them that way

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spider3582:

The one thing I didn't like was the gap between the flippers ( mostly Gottliebs in the 60's) was to wide . I don't understand why they made them that way

As on my Frontiersman, there is a lot of side to side action and the posts that are between the flippers act as a buffer. You might be surprised how long of ball times you can have if you can nudge and are paying attention. Takes a little more skill and practice to learn the geometry than your typical modern game though. Modern games the lower half of the playfield are all pretty much the same.

#18 8 years ago

That is true . I never thought about that but you are right. The bottom half are mostly the same except for a few odd balls with more than 2 flippers or a pop bumper between them

#19 8 years ago

Exactly! That is what pinball has become. A verticle game where the ball is easily fed to the flippers and you shoot north at mostly the same stuff sometimes moved around a bit. It has to be easy though because you have to do it over and over again to advance thru the video game type modes.

#20 8 years ago

Yea I don't play SS games and never will but I know what you mean. It started in the 70's where less skill was required and you could just bang away. You definitely needed more skill before that. My favorite machines is 70s Wedgeheads but alot of that is because that's the era when I was a kid growing up playing Pinball.

#21 8 years ago

Don't take me wrong there is a lot of great tough 7Os games but my 2" flipper game gets no play from guests because it's harder to play and it's one of my favorites. Drop a card

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/70s-wedgewood-at-pinfest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.