(Topic ID: 117901)

70's Gottlieb Credit Wheel - pic or video?

By allknowing2012

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150210_191838.jpg
edit players unit 3952-2.jpg
image-829.jpg
image-673.jpg
image-328.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allknowing2012.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Anyone have something available? Appears my Buccaneer is missing parts but I am not sure what exactly. The solenoid fires an arm but its not connected to the notched (15 credits) wheel in any fashion.

pdf/pic/video?

Daryl

#4 9 years ago

Oh that's helpful.. its tells me one thing -- nothing is missing Question then is how does the notch wheel turn? Is it just the spring unwinding force?

The solenoid fires (or I move it by hand) and the metal comes away from the notches - the black wheel should rotate and move 1 credit, right?

How do I crank up the tension on that spring then?
Does the unit come out of the machine easily? It looks like there is some magic and it might come out - or do I have just unscrew it etc?

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:GTB_credit_unit_at_maximum.JPG

#11 9 years ago

That is an awesome picture/diagram. I will take a close look at it tonight and hopefully not have to tear anything apart.
So A-1190 fires (yep) then it forces a-1051 away from the sprocket, a-2441 goes down, a-1279 goes toward the backglass, a-2484 comes forward and grabs the next tooth and adds the credit. Or so goes the theory.
I will confirm...

#15 9 years ago

Argh! I am missing a part .. it was apparently removed! A-1345. The piece that actually drives the sprocket. No wonder it wasn't making any sense looking at my machine.
Can I beg here for more parts .. this time some $$ for your troubles???

[UPDATE]
*Perhaps* Its just A-1051 ... its really gunked up and not moving.. the missing part doesn't appear to be needed?

IMG_20150210_191838.jpgIMG_20150210_191838.jpg

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I have a few credit reels that have had parts removed. I will check to see if I have what you need
a-1345
are you sure that is the issue? I am not sure it is.

On second look .. I tend to agree .. as I just wrote .. you are too quick for me

#18 9 years ago

You guys friggin' rock! A small squirt of wd-40 and a few back-n-forths and it is loose and working perfectly! Since the credit wheel was disabled years ago .. it just "froze" up and all that was required was some lube. Would never have found that without the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allknowing2012.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/70s-gottlieb-credit-wheel-pic-or-video?tu=allknowing2012 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.