Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by pintastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I know these guys do phenomenal restorations, but would anyone really pay $7,000 for a PinBot?

http://www.actionpinball.com/pinsale.htm

#2 13 years ago

Would anyone on this site spend $7K? Most likely not. But would someone in the US spend $7K? Absolutely. You never know how rich people, or someone with an abnormal amount of disposable income will spend their money. But for my 2 cents, that Pinbot would have to make me dinner once a week for me to spend that kind of money on it.

#3 13 years ago

Even if I had money to blow I wouldnt spend that kind of money on a pinbot. The Firepower is 5000, they are crazy!

#4 13 years ago

You should see the work that Ray does. If I had the money, I would buy his restorations. The Addams Family at the top of that page sold for $10,000 earlier this month. He is THAT GOOD.

#5 13 years ago

I would pay 7 Gs for AFM but not for Pinbot.

#6 13 years ago

Maybe it came with a top class hooker dressed to match the game for an evening

#7 13 years ago

"I would pay 7 Gs for AFM but not for Pinbot."

Exactly. As much as I like PinBot, I don't think any System 11 game is worth that kind of cash, regardless of the condition. In fact, the only game I can think of from that era that could possibly justify a $7,000 price tag would be a mint condition Bonzai Run. Of course, this is just my opinion. If someone really wants a mint PinBot and is willing to pay the asking price, who am I to argue?

#8 13 years ago

Still though if you break down the cost it just dosent add up.

A Pinbot Machine in ok condition- $800-$1000
A Good restoration and clearcoat Playfield- $350-$500
Painted Cabinet-$150-$300 (on a Pinbot the cabinet shouldnt fade so it would be just fill in scratchs and match paint)
Led Display-$150-$200
All New Plastics-$150-$200
Other Replacement Parts (Coils,Ramps,Flippers, Rubbers,etc.)-$200-$500 (and thats being very generous!)
It dosent even have LEDs installed which woudl add $190 so with all that you are looking at less then $3000 and thats on the highend. So they are saying that there is $4000 in labor on it! I dont know it just seems WAY! over priced. I would rather take $7000 and get 3 to 4 good pins for that kind of money. IMO

#9 13 years ago

Advertising a $7,000 pinball machine without a single photo....
$Priceless

-Hans

#10 13 years ago

Has over 100 hours of labor, at Union rates = 1 Million Dollars.

3 weeks later
#11 13 years ago

I hate to say it but Ive got a little over 4K in FH so far. Wow. Just saying it kinda makes me a little queasy. I havent cut any corners for sure but really? 4k? But its looking SWEET! Painted cab, new decals, new display, new pin pro speakers, new PF, new plastics, new ramps, LED's, cliffys posts and ramp protectors. Man that adds up quick. Dont tell the wife!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/7000-pinbot?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.