(Topic ID: 23844)

700 horsepower 2000 trans am for pinball machines

By stettler

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Odometer.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    FrontInterior.jpg
    Odometer.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    th_Motor.jpg
    TAPassengerSideView.jpg
    TADriversSideView.jpg
    1963_1090073890849_3327_n.jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Is there anyone looking to trade there pinball machines for my 700 horsepower 2000 Trans Am. Car is red and only has 14,000 miles on it. Motor only has 3,000 miles. Car is for sale for $22,500. Partial cash and trades, anyone interested let me know.
    Thanks
    Jeremy

#2 11 years ago

haha wow quite a trade this would be.

#3 11 years ago

Looking to get a MM out of the deal?

#4 11 years ago

700hp ls1 only happens on the bottle or with twins. Which is it.

#5 11 years ago

The ws6 ls1 can be brought to about 500 crank natural. No further. LS2 about 590 crank but that requires a new cam and probably a motec.

This has to be blown. CORRECTED and normalized Dyno run to prove

#6 11 years ago

I wouldn't trust the stock crank over 450 to be honest. Any ls1 with ls6 intake and cam can be brought up to about 405. I have a 99 in the driveway I would hope this guy has a set of gt35's running 12psi Whipple's and F-bodys have been done to death. 1963_1090073890849_3327_n.jpg1963_1090073890849_3327_n.jpg

#7 11 years ago

pics or it's a gremlin

#8 11 years ago

Ls1 natural stock crank 474 at the wheels. New cam, rockers, cat delete.

#9 11 years ago

That could well be a ls2 as well ls1 was not in the holden/gto for long.

#10 11 years ago

That one is an ls1. Ls1 was in for a year. Ls2 the following 2 years . I did the cam on it.

I had a c6 with a cam and worked to the balls for auto cross.

Motec engine management, b&b bullets, new rockers, larger injectors.

I was going to boost it and put meth but for auto cross that wouldn't be good

http://members.roadfly.org/alevy/AutoX.wmv

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

pics or it's a gremlin

Actually, I heard it's a pacer. Can't tell with no pictures though.

#12 11 years ago

I've got a Williams Beat Time I'll trade for it.

#13 11 years ago

Nothing says it's still a stock block Plenty of LS7 blocks with head/cam and bolt ons seeing some real fun numbers in the F-bodies. Always said once my motor blows (twins but only ~8psi) I'll go all out, but darn it if the thing keeps on going.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I've got a Williams Beat Time I'll trade for it.

I wonder if he will take my Spanish Eyes for the car and give me the $200.00 I paid for the BG? Actually, the Spanish Eyes would be 3rd last to go for me.

#15 11 years ago

I'll take that deal....I will give you my whole collection gonna need some pictures

#16 11 years ago

Forged 370ci iron block,Procharger D1SC,front mount,meth,12lbs of boost.

#17 11 years ago

Here is the car.

TADriversSideView.jpgTADriversSideView.jpg TAPassengerSideView.jpgTAPassengerSideView.jpg

#18 11 years ago

tuned for daily? 2 stage map in there? Tuned for meth or just used for detonation prevention?

Gotta ask what are you looking to get in that shape your T/A is what 9-12,000. 14,xxx miles is allot on that engine at least it would be with me driving it

#19 11 years ago

Probably the latter. The D1 is the loudest most rickety pro charger they made.

I've bolted them up to mostly mustangs. Not a fan of the D1.

Is there a meth bypass? Running meth full time gets pricey

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from stettler:

Forged 370ci iron block,Procharger D1SC,front mount,meth,12lbs of boost.
    » YouTube video

Yikes! =)

#21 11 years ago

After watching the video I reiterate my statement. Damn that D1 makes a racket.

#22 11 years ago

What the hell is the compression on this 13.5 or is it in the 14's? I don't think he is very serious or he would stick around. I am guessing this is running on pump gas and meth to make that power. But what will it do purely on pump or c16? I stand by my statement 14,000 miles on a boosted 700hp car is a SHIT ton.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

tuned for daily? 2 stage map in there? Tuned for meth or just used for detonation prevention?
    Gotta ask what are you looking to get in that shape your T/A is what 9-12,000. 14,xxx miles is allot on that engine at least it would be with me driving it

There is only 14,000 miles on the car,3,000 on the motor. Tuned for daily,speed density tune no map and tuned for meth. Car is for sale for $22,500 obo. $20,000 in mods done in the last 3,000 miles.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from stettler:

$20,000 in mods done in the last 3,000 miles.

Then you should know you wont get a 3rd of that back. You got a build thread on ls1tech? I am not trying to be a dick just letting you know there are loads of experienced builders here.

I run scca solo class myself.

Who did the trans work.

ecu? hope its not a mega squirt

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Probably the latter. The D1 is the loudest most rickety pro charger they made.
    I've bolted them up to mostly mustangs. Not a fan of the D1.
    Is there a meth bypass? Running meth full time gets pricey

Procharger including the D1 is the most popular of chargers used on f-bods around here. The d1 was virtually undetected in the beginning but since has become noticeable. When I built it I wanted it to be obnoxious loud so the BOV is sick loud. Car made 720hp/710tq. Meth only on WOT.

#26 11 years ago

With that kind of money comes serious questions. Receipts, builders, build logs etc. Blu printed etc. Who balanced the crank lots and lots of questions. Pistons heads cam? rockers? injectors? ignition?
    Braces? rear end? exhaust?

#27 11 years ago

And was it routed?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

And was it routed?</blockquote
    Nice one!

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

With that kind of money comes serious questions. Receipts, builders, build logs etc. Blu printed etc. Who balanced the crank lots and lots of questions. Pistons heads cam? rockers? injectors? ignition?
    Braces? rear end? exhaust?

I have receipts. Built by Race Proven Motorsports in DE. As far as other mods
    370 Cu in. Iron Block
    Callies compstar rods and wiseco pistons
    PRC stage 1.5 ls6 heads
    Custom 232/240 115lsa cam
    Autometer C2 Fuel Pressure (7163)
    Triple A-Pillar Pod #12203
    Siemens/Mototron Deka 4 Flow-Matched 60# Style Fuel Injectors (Set of
    twin in tank pumps
    GM MLS Head Gasket
    Ported LS6 Oil Pump
    PRC LS6 Heads W/ Patriot Dual Valve Spring kit
    Large Two-port EFI Regulator w/ 1.1 Boost Reference
    Arp Head Stud Kit 234-4316
    Rollmaster Double-Roller Adjustable Timing Set, Heat-Treated, LS1-Based
    Comp "R" Lifters
    ATI 8 Rib Balancer
    ATI Crank Pin Kit
    Custom 232/240 115lsa cam
    Hardened Pushrods
    Procharger 8 Rib Crank Pulley W/ Hardware
    Reichard Racing Pulley
    -8 90 DEG HOSE END
    Hose End, Straight, -8 AN Hose to Female -8 AN, Aluminum, Red/ Blue, Each
    MagnaFuel Y-Fitting -10 into -8
    Aeroquip AQP Stainless Steel Braided Hose -8 AN, 20 ft. Length
    AEM Wide Band
    RPS Twin Carbon Carbon clutch
    Meth Kit
    Front Mount Intercooler W/ Powder Coated Piping
    Wideband Sensor
    02 Sensors
    BMR Subframe connectors
    BMR Extreme duty torque arm
    BMR lower control arms
    BMR drive shaft safety loop
    Steel drive shaft
    12 bolt Moser rear 355 gears
    Grotyohann ceramic coated long tube headers
    high flow catalytic converters
    Magnaflow cat back
    ON and ON and ON

#30 11 years ago

I bet that car goes Shazzam when you floor it!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I bet that car goes Shazzam when you floor it!

You know it man. The car is awesome and a blast to drive. Everyone within a half mile radius is always checking it out. It kind of sounds like a jet taking off.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Then you should know you wont get a 3rd of that back. You got a build thread on ls1tech? I am not trying to be a dick just letting you know there are loads of experienced builders here.
    I run scca solo class myself.
    Who did the trans work.
    ecu? hope its not a mega squirt

No build thread. I don't sit on the computer much. I know you don't get all what you have invested back and I am not trying to obviously.What does experienced builders being on here have to do with my post???
    ECU???
    Mega Squirt???

#33 11 years ago

I was only stating that you know you wont even get half the amount invested back. Yeah who tuned it what ecu is it running? I am being honest and open here. 3,000 miles is still lots of miles on this engine. It was built for abuse and abused i am sure it has been in the way it was made. Good luck with the sale.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I was only stating that you know you wont even get half the amount invested back. Yeah who tuned it what ecu is it running? I am being honest and open here. 3,000 miles is still lots of miles on this engine. It was built for abuse and abused i am sure it has been in the way it was made. Good luck with the sale.

It was built and tuned at RPM in DE and it is on the factory ecu. The car was washed more times than it has miles oil changed 10 times since build was complete. Yes I took it to the track twice with a total of 6 passes made and I am being honest and open here as well. I have owned this car since 2001 and is part of the family so if you think it's alot of miles and you think it is abused than think again. The $20,000 invested in the last 3000 miles is exactly what it says and have much more invested in the past 8 years. The car is pretty mint.

#35 11 years ago

Awesome what pins are you looking for?

#36 11 years ago

I am just starting to get into them and don't know which ones I want. I would like to get cash and pinballs in the trade. I do like Theater of Magic,Transformers,Revenge from Mars, and Star Wars Episode 1

#37 11 years ago

Well some pins like big bang bar are 15k some games like medieval madness are 8-12k. Best bet it to find a local guy make friends and see what you like.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Well some pins like Big Bang Bar are 15k some games like Medieval Madness are 8-12k. Best bet it to find a local guy make friends and see what you like.

The 5 I listed above would be the ones I would like to get.

#39 11 years ago

Nice build man. D1's are a great procharger for the street/strip application. LS1 T/a with that kinda mile go for 12-15k bone stock. I certainly see the money in the car. Anybody that don't beleive the money on this car try and build a LS1 and just stroke it to 370 c.i.....then factor in the d1 and what that cost...plus dyno time, plus all the goodies like tranny, rear end.....I will say it's worth it's money no prob........nice ride!

#40 11 years ago

Really like what you've done to it. Throw it up on ebay and advertise it as much as you can locally, you'll easily get 20+ if you're not in a hurry.. and why rush it? The pins on your list aren't going to disappear anytime soon.

Having a good shop to back it up helps, a lot of guys do it all themselves (like me) but without the name to put the professional stamp on it they can't get as much back on the build costs if they ever need to sell. I would vote to sell the car instead of trading, simply because the chance of finding someone with the right combination of pins who also wants that exact car has to be slim. There's a much better chance of finding someone with 20+ grand who wants that car and five pinball sellers who want cash

The pins you mentioned are fun, but I hope you get the chance to spend a couple months playing lots more before you decide on a 'final list' as your tastes will change the more you play around (that's what he said).

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Nice build man. D1's are a great procharger for the street/strip application. LS1 T/a with that kinda mile go for 12-15k bone stock. I certainly see the money in the car. Anybody that don't beleive the money on this car try and build a LS1 and just stroke it to 370 c.i.....then factor in the d1 and what that cost...plus dyno time, plus all the goodies like tranny, rear end.....I will say it's worth it's money no prob........nice ride!

Anyone looking to duplicate the car would spend every penny of $40,000. I am guessing you have an SS?

#42 11 years ago

Couple more pictures.

th_Motor.jpgth_Motor.jpg Rear.jpgRear.jpg Odometer.jpgOdometer.jpg

#43 11 years ago

Couple more pictures.

FrontInterior.jpgFrontInterior.jpg Rear.jpgRear.jpg Odometer.jpgOdometer.jpg

#44 11 years ago

I spent 9g's on mine with 40,000 miles. Bone stock. Its gonna take the right buyer but its not impossible. You should def put this on Bring a trailer .com. Suggest ls1tech as well. Take it to the Dover track as well and advert it.

Surprisingly Ebay is also a good venue for this car. When i restored my 67 912 i threw it on ebay and got 19 for it. To bad 15 of that went to paying off the actual cost of me restoring it.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I spent 9g's on mine with 40,000 miles. Bone stock. Its gonna take the right buyer but its not impossible. You should def put this on Bring a trailer .com. Suggest ls1tech as well. Take it to the Dover track as well and advert it.
    Surprisingly Ebay is also a good venue for this car. When i restored my 67 912 i threw it on ebay and got 19 for it. To bad 15 of that went to paying off the actual cost of me restoring it.

Yeah but you won on that 912 project...that doesnt happen all the time...

4k ahead is better thatn 4k behind...

#46 11 years ago

60lb injectors? I bet that thing runs lean as hell. Mustangs need 80lb for proper air/fuel mix but they are picky engines.

Have a dyno output?

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

60lb injectors? I bet that thing runs lean as hell. Mustangs need 80lb for proper air/fuel mix but they are picky engines.

Have a dyno output?

Must not be running to lean it would have popped on the dyno. I like to stay in the 11 area under boost myself. Some people like to risk it all in the 13's lol. That last 10hp is not that important to me but yes i bet those injectors are running way past there duty cycle prime. I am running 800cc supra injectors on the Datsun. I am only in the mid 400's for power too.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

What the hell is the compression on this 13.5 or is it in the 14's? I don't think he is very serious or he would stick around. I am guessing this is running on pump gas and meth to make that power. But what will it do purely on pump or c16? I stand by my statement 14,000 miles on a boosted 700hp car is a SHIT ton.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Must not be running to lean it would have popped on the dyno. I like to stay in the 11 area under boost myself. Some people like to risk it all in the 13's lol. That last 10hp is not that important to me but yes i bet those injectors are running way past there duty cycle prime. I am running 800cc supra injectors on the Datsun. I am only in the mid 400's for power too.

As far as I know any forced induction car needs low compression like 9.5 or 8.5 and my motor is 9.6. As far as the injectors go if you go on ls1tech and look most cars like mine run the same injectors as I am. The car was built right by a reputable professional.

#49 11 years ago

Low compression is not so much of a issue anymore as long as detonation is kept in check. Its still better to run the highest compression you can with he lowest boost rather than high boost low compression.

The only reason i brought it up is stock ls1 are in the 13's. You have a stroked crank so i didnt know if you had dished pistons put in or if you raised the deck height.

Boost numbers are irrelevant to me. I love it when Honda guys talk about running 25psi blah blah in the their b18, well 25 psi out of a td05 can be achieved with 8psi with a gt35-40

I would have to research what brand of injector flowrate duty cycle and then see your tune to determine pwm cycles to say for sure how maxed that injector is. I am not doubting you. I dont think anyone is. Lot's of ways down the track so to speak different methods for different people.

Lots of it has to due with how much meth you are subbing for fuel as well. SO if your running direct injection meth at 200cc per chamber that makes up for lots of fuel.

Still kinda vague on what form of meth injection you are running or if its just something like a Snow kit spraying down the charge pipe.
    So from your last statement i take it you didn't build it then rather take it to a power sports shop for the build correct?

I still think you are going to be better off sellign it first. There has been a slew of folks lately in the last month alone trying to trade cars for pins. It just makes more sense to sell it first. The Chance someone on here is going to say offer you a Theater of magic and 16 grand are very slim.

#50 11 years ago

I did take it to a professional to be built beings although I know about cars I am not an expert in them. I agree it would be easier to sell outright and then buy the pins just thought I would put it on the table. The meth kit is a snow kit if I am not mistaken, spraying in the charge pipe.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/700-horsepower-2000-trans-am-for-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.