C3B9BC43-C789-4ECF-9562-053D3A1903AA (resized).jpeg
2BCCB698-04BD-46FC-AC43-40753E84E427 (resized).jpeg
E5F043FD-AD22-416E-9F56-9A73BC4E6B3E (resized).jpeg
712FC892-AD3E-4EA5-953D-E5D62706C8BC (resized).jpeg
BD6248AD-8EA2-4DB6-AC1B-AF7A0F656FEE (resized).jpeg
29718744-16AC-44C2-A283-DA418D3AE633 (resized).jpeg
78109EA6-FF27-4BD6-B72D-C72FD9041B6A (resized).jpeg
IMG_3153 (resized).jpeg
https---blogs-images.forbes.com-jacknerad2-files-2019-07-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-LEDE-3-1200x675 (resized).jpg
2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1 (resized).jpg
2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1-2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3646 (resized).JPG
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m with you guys on that. I have a ‘69 911S that is as raw and visceral as you can get. It’s not close to being the fastest car, but it feels great.

Something about downshifting a auto just cant match. I'm sure auto is faster, but really? Does less than a 10th of a second matter if you're driving for the love of driving? Could care less about top speed or cornering on a track. Just dig driving it

#102 4 years ago

I get the joke about Ferrari wanting its car back, but this is sure is nice. The price point is insane. Game changer.

What's the latest about the rumor of the future hybrid system for the front wheels, and then all electric later?

#103 4 years ago

Pulls 1G lateral acceleration on all season tires.

#104 4 years ago

All season tires are absolutely laughable at this level. By the time you decently option the car, it’ll be $95k at least. They should’ve went more American, than trying to be European. Let’s see.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

... By the time you decently option the car, it’ll be $95k at least...

Not sure about that...guessing 70-75K based on my C5 and C6's which were optioned nicely. Vert...maybe pushing higher 70s. I think my C6 vert was 5K higher than my coupe with same options.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

All season tires are absolutely laughable at this level.

Can't disagree more. Not sure if you know what you are talking about. All season tires are not laughable any one bit. If you can do 1G on all season tires that just shows how capable it the car is. If you live in an area where it gets cold in the winter you physically can not drive a car on summer tires, it's unsafe and the tires can be damaged.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=273

As ambient temperatures get colder, typically in the 40-45° Fahrenheit range, summer performance tires lose a noticeable percentage of traction as their tread compound rubber properties change from a pliable elastic to inflexible plastic. The tire industry uses the term "glass transition" to describe the temperature where a summer performance tire's grip/slip performance changes dramatically. This means the summer performance tires that provide predictable traction in warm to hot conditions will be found to be very challenging to drive in cold to freezing temperatures.

If ambient temperatures drop to near- or below-freezing, driving or rolling a vehicle equipped with summer performance tires risks the possibility of tread compound cracking. Tread compound cracking is a permanent condition that requires the tires to be replaced. The other condition that can be caused by running summer performance tires in cold temperatures is the possibility of chipping away the edges of the tread blocks.

If you were to drive with summer tires near freezing temps you could damage the tires and the car doesn't handle a bit, its almost like driving in the rain because they summer tires have no grip. So if you had a car and lives in a cold climate you would either put all season tires on at least in the winter months or not be able to drive it for several months out of the year. Also not everyone is a track head and you can drive a car with all season tires they have a bit less grip but they can make the car feel more lively rather than 100% stuck to the road. I have car with summer tires and all season for winter driving the all season tires are great just not as sticky as the summer tires. I am not a track rat I just like spirited driving. A lot of people who buy a Corvette are not track rats and they can very well never need summer tires. There are some very excellent all season tires out there now that perform very well in real world conditions, maybe not race track cred but it's not all about race tracks.

#107 4 years ago

Well here in Socal, all season tires are very unnecessary. Performance cars of this caliber should be equipped with Pilot Sport or Cup tires.
Trust me, some $10k package will have the real tires included in it...

#108 4 years ago

Wow - I'm loving the new C8. I think they nailed the look, performance and even the base MSRP is all but unbelievable. I currently have an '18 C7 Z51 and love it to death. Not sure if I should trade in or start a small 'vette collection! I have to admit the taillights on the C8 look just a tad 'Camaro-ish', ('16 & '17 years I think were a bit similar) but seriously, if this is all I can complain about then I think GM is onto something big. I'll probably wait for a 2021 model so they can work out any bugs found in the first year and I REALLY hope any suspected price gouging by the dealers is no longer in practice by then.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Well here in Socal, all season tires are very unnecessary. Performance cars of this caliber should be equipped with Pilot Sport or Cup tires.
Trust me, some $10k package will have the real tires included in it...

We don't all live in SoCal so all season tires are a necessity. 6 months of the year can get into the 40's and 4 months of th year temps can be in the 30's.

Actually who cares? If you want whatever package you can get it. Not everyone needs Pilot Sport tires it's not all about track numbers and unless you are someone who worries about lap times or a poser who like to brag about whatever name tires you have. Anyone can buy whatever tires they want, not everyone needs the hardest core track package. Some people just want a nice car that handles very well. I'm sure will be track packages but whatever it's not necessary for street use.

Base C8 for less than a fully loaded Camaro.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

All season tires are absolutely laughable at this level. By the time you decently option the car, it’ll be $95k at least. They should’ve went more American, than trying to be European. Let’s see.

The base car with Z51 package and just about every other option will not approach 95K. My dealer is telling me to expect mid 70s for a fully loaded base car.

#111 4 years ago

My '19 2LT Z51 Convertible was 75k.

After dealer discount, it was 68k.

Figure if starting price is $60k, the Z51 package is around $5k upgrade. If you decide on 3LT, thats an additional $10k.

It looks like GM has streamlined the vette to keep costs low. Every engine comes with a sump, where with the C7 only the Z51 and up had it. Every car has an automatic.

When I go to C8 site to customize the car, I definitely don't see as many options to choose from that the C7 had. Granted, that could just be due to it being year 1 and their goal is to get as many as them out on the street. I definitely wouldn't expect any discounts on a 2020.

I'm waiting to see what the convertible looks like. I have 13/14 months remaining on my 24 month lease. Don't know yet if I'm gonna keep mine or go with a 2021. I have zero interest in the coupe, cause the only time I drive with the top up i when I'm leaving the car wash.

#112 4 years ago

I have a fully optioned ‘11 grand sport that MSRP’d at $76k. I didn't buy it new, but I would guess that the guy I bought it from got a decent discount. If they can put one of these C8’s in someone’s hands sub-$80k with the performance package, there has got to be a lot of interest. The C8 is gorgeous; I will be getting one eventually, but have to let first year gremlins get worked out. Plus, the really exciting models come out later.

I will be the first to admit that my car is more than I can realistically handle. Even with traction control on, the back will step out pretty quickly under hard acceleration. 2.8 second 0-60 numbers are insane, especially for most of us with little track experience. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be fun though.

78109EA6-FF27-4BD6-B72D-C72FD9041B6A (resized).jpeg78109EA6-FF27-4BD6-B72D-C72FD9041B6A (resized).jpeg
#113 4 years ago

On the “all season” debate ... I can tell you that my Michelin performance tires are like hockey pucks during the winter in Tennessee. Scares the hell out of me and I drive like I am 70 until the cold passes. I would probably buy all-season tires next time, but I would hate doing it. The tires that fit the wide-bodied vettes make a second set of tires an expensive choice (IMHO, the wide bodied C6’s and C7’s are the best looking vette’s made ... until now)

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Not sure about that...guessing 70-75K based on my C5 and C6's which were optioned nicely. Vert...maybe pushing higher 70s. I think my C6 vert was 5K higher than my coupe with same options.

A bare bones build has a LOT to like about it. I don't see much missing from the base vs what you would have gotten in a F458!

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

A bare bones build has a LOT to like about it. I don't see much missing from the base vs what you would have gotten in a F458!

I'm excited about this new Vette. The most impressive thing to me is the complete change or engine placement and overall shape. I absolutely love the fact that they went for a totally different design when Dodge and Ford are making hertitage style mustangs and challengers, Chevrolet innovated the entire thing from the ground up.

Keep in mind I am not a muscle car guy but if I can get the options I want/think I need (haha) for under $80k then I will have one of these to drive on Sunday.

All season tires for this type of vehicle are another huge win. Take it drive it don't worry about it.

Sorry for this but a few questions. What is the maintenance schedule like on a Vette? Are the tires 1.25 wide in the back? Are the seats in the car generally comfortable for a few hours of driving?

Thanks

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'm excited about this new Vette. The most impressive thing to me is the complete change or engine placement and overall shape. I absolutely love the fact that they went for a totally different design when Dodge and Ford are making hertitage style mustangs and challengers, Chevrolet innovated the entire thing from the ground up.
Keep in mind I am not a muscle car guy but if I can get the options I want/think I need (haha) for under $80k then I will have one of these to drive on Sunday.
All season tires for this type of vehicle are another huge win. Take it drive it don't worry about it.
Sorry for this but a few questions. What is the maintenance schedule like on a Vette? Are the tires 1.25 wide in the back? Are the seats in the car generally comfortable for a few hours of driving?
Thanks

I can only speak for the C6, but it has been relatively free of problems. Outside of changing the oil, only the usual wear items show up. Some older C6 models had expensive problems with the harmonic balancer and high end LS7 models with the head. I have about 54,000 miles on mine and drive it daily. Wide-bodied models have wider and more expensive tires obviously, but the look is much better in my opinion. They are great cars. My dad and sister own one too. The seats are better the newer you get, but I drove mine about 11 hours straight without being uncomfortable. The drone of the engine can be a bit much but the NPP exhaust is worth having for the sound. I leave mine on full exhaust sound all the time. Check out corvetteforum.com

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

PS: This is coming from someone who thinks his Tesla P3D is really the performance steal of the year with the new pricing. I'll preorder the all electric vette!

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I can only speak for the C6, but it has been relatively free of problems. Outside of changing the oil, only the usual wear items show up. Some older C6 models had expensive problems with the harmonic balancer and high end LS7 models with the head. I have about 54,000 miles on mine and drive it daily. Wide-bodied models have wider and more expensive tires obviously, but the look is much better in my opinion. They are great cars. My dad and sister own one too. The seats are better the newer you get, but I drove mine about 11 hours straight without being uncomfortable. The drone of the engine can be a bit much but the NPP exhaust is worth having for the sound. I leave mine on full exhaust sound all the time. Check out corvetteforum.com

Good info. Thanks for that!

#119 4 years ago

We have a 14 convertible, 10k miles now, no issues at all. Drove it from Tahoe to middle of Washington, wanted to keep goin. Very comfy. I'm concerned about engine noise in the c8. Any decibel levels revealed yet, compared to the c7?

#120 4 years ago

I still have my black with two tone interior 08 Vette 4LT w/ Z51 performance package bought brand ordered from the dealer with every option. I never use to drive it during the week since having a company car for 6 years but over the last two years with new companies used now use as daily driver for work and just broke 42,000 miles. Someday a new one for me but not sure when that will be.

29718744-16AC-44C2-A283-DA418D3AE633 (resized).jpeg29718744-16AC-44C2-A283-DA418D3AE633 (resized).jpeg
#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I still have my black with two tone interior 08 Vette 4LT w/ Z51 performance package bought brand ordered from the dealer with every option...[quoted image]

Back it 2009 I had a '08 black 3LT coupe w/red interior. Even saw it getting built at the factory. Was in storage over the winter and was on the verge of getting it out within a week or two. Long story short...never ending rains showed up and a levee gave way. Flooded with only 3K on the odo. Eventually totaled which was a good thing!

I remember when they were loading it up on the flatbed and seeing water pour out of the exhaust. That's never a good sign.

#122 4 years ago

C8 at Kerbeck. After seeing it in person, all I can say is....I want one!
2BCCB698-04BD-46FC-AC43-40753E84E427 (resized).jpeg2BCCB698-04BD-46FC-AC43-40753E84E427 (resized).jpeg712FC892-AD3E-4EA5-953D-E5D62706C8BC (resized).jpeg712FC892-AD3E-4EA5-953D-E5D62706C8BC (resized).jpegBD6248AD-8EA2-4DB6-AC1B-AF7A0F656FEE (resized).jpegBD6248AD-8EA2-4DB6-AC1B-AF7A0F656FEE (resized).jpegC3B9BC43-C789-4ECF-9562-053D3A1903AA (resized).jpegC3B9BC43-C789-4ECF-9562-053D3A1903AA (resized).jpegE5F043FD-AD22-416E-9F56-9A73BC4E6B3E (resized).jpegE5F043FD-AD22-416E-9F56-9A73BC4E6B3E (resized).jpeg

#123 4 years ago

Was looking C&D maybe was taking about the all season tires. These are not just any old all season tires like you’d buy at Pep Boys. These are special design for the car with tread more like summer tires and have better measured grip than old Corvette on summer tires.

I’m not in the camp that says the most grip is always the best when you can have more fun if the car is a bit loose in some conditions. I’m not saying best lap times I’m saying most fun (likely on public roads not race tracks).

I’ll say this, I’m not a race car driver and I don’t track my cars, I don’t need engine oil coolers and such that’s great for hard lap drive but overkill for street use.

Looks like a base C8 will be very competent for street driving.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was looking C&D maybe was taking about the all season tires. These are not just any old all season tires like you’d buy at Pep Boys. These are special design for the car with tread more like summer tires and have better measured grip than old Corvette on summer tires.
I’m not in the camp that says the most grip is always the best when you can have more fun if the car is a bit loose in some conditions. I’m not saying best lap times I’m saying most fun (likely on public roads not race tracks).
I’ll say this, I’m not a race car driver and I don’t track my cars, I don’t need engine oil coolers and such that’s great for hard lap drive but overkill for street use.

I used to pull 1.59 60 foot times on crap all season family tires in my diamond star back in 1998. The all-seasons on my Tesla are crap track tires by today's standards, but they are probably better than what the F40 came with stock. I think the Vette with non-summer tires is going to be JUST fine.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

probably better than what the F40 came with stock. I think the Vette with non-summer tires is going to be JUST fine.

This is what I mean. Time and technology have advanced so that might be a modern Cayman base outperform an older 911 turbo. Not saying the older cars are bad but just today’s cars are bonkers like a Civic R can accelerate quicker than a turbo Supra from the 90s. It’s insane this C8 probably put to shame a F40 in acceleration.

Plus I’ve got a BRZ tS not a race car but comes with summer tires which I replace with all season tires for winter fall time. It’s true the summer tires are grippier but the all season tires are still quite crisp handling. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

New vette comes with 3 season tires. Still can’t be used in the winter.

That was directly from GM yesterday.

#127 4 years ago

nice reveal except the guy doing the presentation is a bit hard to handle

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

nice reveal except the guy doing the presentation is a bit hard to handle

His kneehole doesn't even look right...

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

His kneehole doesn't even look right...

trying too hard to be cool.

Anyway he's not wrong about the Supra being a disappointment, $50K for the Supra and then you have this (C8) for $60K they're not even on the same planet 335hp vs nearly 500hp.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyway he's not wrong about the Supra being a disappointment

The new Supra isn’t even a Supra. It’s some half assed reskinned BMW.

So disappointing.

rd

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The new Supra isn’t even a Supra. It’s some half assed reskinned BMW.

Exactly. It's not that I'm against BMW - it's just that what made the former Supra was the Toyota engineering behind it. Taking the Toyota out of the Supra was a poor move. They should have called it a different model if they needed to expand their line or want another offering under their label. Then and if feasible, build an in-house built Supra the right way. (possibly borrow a powertrain from their Lexus division / F series)

#132 4 years ago

I think they’re banking on the Supra name kind of like when Ford sold a SUV called the Taurus. If Toyota called it something else it wouldn’t get as much attention.

I think it’s hard to green light a new sports car that’ll sell low volume when you’re Toyota you want sales volumes in the hundred thousands not ten thousands. So this was a way to get something out kind of like the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ.

I think Honda and Nissan are losing money on the few hundred or thousand NSX and GTR the do sell.

1 week later
#133 4 years ago

I’m probably the target buyer for the new Corvette. They say the existing Corvette buyers would buy either front or mid engine Corvette this car will bring in new type buyers.

I’ve never seriously considered to buy a Corvette even tho I’ve had the opportunity looked at and drove the original Z06 but not really have got overly excited on any Corvette until this one. I was reading that there was talk about keeping the front engine car alive for the traditionalists but they said once the new car C8 was out it would be impossible to sell the old once people saw what you get with the new car. Plus will such a vast number of used Corvettes on the road it’s not going to be that hard to grab a rent engine Corvette if that’s what you really desire.

IMO it’ll do battle for sales with a wide range of cars from Cayman/Boxster to 911s (++) to the hyper power Mustangs to the exotics such as R8, GTR, NSX even Lambo/Ferrari/McLaren (LFM).

I’m not saying the LFM buyers will be flocking to the Chevy dealers but some guys like me who is on the outside of the LFM price range but always wanted something similar. Heck I’m even looking at 20 year old NSXs that are in the $80k range. Don’t get me wrong, I love the older NSX and the GTR Japanese exotics but if Chevy is going to cost same as a 20 year old NSX or much less than a newer GTR heck I’m seeing 10 year old GTR for $50K or spend a little more to get a C8 that’s not even funny.

I realize other cars I’m listing are more rare not selling 20-30k units a year. So if someone wanted a more rare car like a R8 or wants a more rare and more close to classic car like an NSX more power to them. But for me not really care about how rare it is, this C8 looks to be a real winner on price, performance, utility, looks etc.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m probably the target buyer for the new Corvette. They say the existing Corvette buyers would buy either front or mid engine Corvette this car will bring in new type buyers.
I’ve never seriously considered to buy a Corvette even tho I’ve had the opportunity looked at and drove the original Z06 but not really have got overly excited on any Corvette until this one. I was reading that there was talk about keeping the front engine car alive for the traditionalists but they said once the new car C8 was out it would be impossible to sell the old once people saw what you get with the new car. Plus will such a vast number of used Corvettes on the road it’s not going to be that hard to grab a rent engine Corvette if that’s what you really desire.
IMO it’ll do battle for sales with a wide range of cars from Cayman/Boxster to 911s (++) to the hyper power Mustangs to the exotics such as R8, GTR, NSX even Lambo/Ferrari/McLaren (LFM).
I’m not saying the LFM buyers will be flocking to the Chevy dealers but some guys like me who is on the outside of the LFM price range but always wanted something similar. Heck I’m even looking at 20 year old NSXs that are in the $80k range. Don’t get me wrong, I love the older NSX and the GTR Japanese exotics but if Chevy is going to cost same as a 20 year old NSX or much less than a newer GTR heck I’m seeing 10 year old GTR for $50K or spend a little more to get a C8 that’s not even funny.
I realize other cars I’m listing are more rare not selling 20-30k units a year. So if someone wanted a more rare car like a R8 or wants a more rare and more close to classic car like an NSX more power to them. But for me not really care about how rare it is, this C8 looks to be a real winner on price, performance, utility, looks etc.

I have a buddy who bought a Lambo when he retired. Was always a vette guy. He can't wait to get in to a mid-engine Z06/ZR1.

I don't LOVE the C8 looks - I think it's too much F car from 10+ years ago but I don't care what it looks like. My Tesla is ugly from many angles, but it's the best car I've ever driven. Don't miss my Supra any longer. Build a dual motor electric C8, I'll be first to order.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

...Build a dual motor electric C8, I'll be first to order.

I would think it's a given with the new wiz-bang GM electrical system used on the C8. I wouldn't be surprised if an 'electric assist' is on the plate. Sort of 'all wheel drive on demand' with two electric motors on the front. Likely would help push the handling to the next level and maybe improve MPG by disabling the gas engine at times (i.e. highway).

Just a WAG, but they all (i.e. Porsche, etc.) seem to be on the bandwagon.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I would think it's a given with the new wiz-bang GM electrical system used on the C8. I wouldn't be surprised if an 'electric assist' is on the plate. Sort of 'all wheel drive on demand' with two electric motors on the front. Likely would help push the handling to the next level and maybe improve MPG by disabling the gas engine at times (i.e. highway).
Just a WAG, but they all (i.e. Porsche, etc.) seem to be on the bandwagon.

The rumor is a hybrid is coming, V8 in the rear and electric up front for AWD. And that’s soon - like 2020/2021 - followed by all electric after.

1 week later
#137 4 years ago

Some tidbits regarding the C8. Estimated acceleration times and curb weight.

Weight 3535 lbs (plus options)

0-100 mph 7.6 seconds

I used to own a M3 which I thought was pretty quick at 0-100 mph 10 seconds (twin clutch transmission).

1/4 mile 11.3 seconds @ 120mph

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motortrend.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-convertible-weighs-102-pounds-coupe/amp/

#138 4 years ago

I have a family member who has been a corvette guy for a long long long time. This car has turned him off big time. Mid engine? No thanks. No stick shift? Also no thanks.

Big miss. His Z06 is safe for now.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I have a family member who has been a corvette guy for a long long long time. This car has turned him off big time. Mid engine? No thanks. No stick shift? Also no thanks.

That’s fine. But there are just as many people who wouldn’t consider the previous Corvette but will now buy the mid engine car.

Basically a mid engine is better performance no question asked. If you have and doubts about that there’s nothing else to say.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s fine. But there are just as many people who wouldn’t consider the previous Corvette but will now buy the mid engine car.
Basically a mid engine is better performance no question asked. If you have and doubts about that there’s nothing else to say.

Hes already got a mid engine car. He likes that he can fish tail and drift in his vette.

I think they are just making a super car clone "for the every man". Sucks.

#141 4 years ago

This c8 release enabled me to pick up a suuuuuper clean, low mile c6 ZO6 for a ridiculous price...couldn’t be happier! Front engine, manual versions will be legacy cars now.
Oh and they already announced that there will be a price increase in ‘21 models haha

#142 4 years ago

I think it’s funny how people (not you but other web bloggers) saying this is not a $60K car it will cost more than that and Chevy is raising the price in the future (angry man shakes fist at cloud). When let’s be honest the closest car to the C8 costs $200K plus or the closest in price is the 300hp Porsche Cayman $58K ++++++ options.

I have nothing against the front engine and MT Corvette, think they’re great. I’ve always wanted a mid engine (near) exotic car. I think that the C8 will sell like hot cakes. Anyone wanting a front engine MT can simply buy an older generation Corvette there are like a million of them out there. If they want or must have something new they’ll have to make due with a Camaro or Mustang although Camaro might not be here for much longer.

#143 4 years ago

2020 models, you’re paying MSRP or over.

Doesn’t matter if 2021 has a price increase. Everyone will be paying under MSRP.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Doesn’t matter if 2021 has a price increase. Everyone will be paying under MSRP.

I agree but I read that Chevy is going to crush dealers that try to sell over MSRP. Of course the early sales will go to "friends" of the dealer for resale, but I don't think it will last tooooo long.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

I agree but I read that Chevy is going to crush dealers that try to sell over MSRP. Of course the early sales will go to "friends" of the dealer for resale, but I don't think it will last tooooo long.

The demand is off the charts for this car. Dealers have no reason to discount it.

My dealer asked me a while ago if I wanted in on the C8. I said no. I need to see what the convertible looks like.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It doesn't appear so. I'm reading more & more articles to the contrary. This has typically been the case no doubt, but the positive attention that the good dealers get appears to be worth their time. It seems as they are finally seeing the bigger picture. (But there will always be some dealers that price gouge for 'high demand' vehicles. It's unfortunate)

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019/08/21/partial-list-of-chevrolet-dealers-selling-the-new-2020-corvette-at-msrp/

#147 4 years ago

I really don't mind waiting a couple of years for the supply to catch up as well there might be some kinks that are worked out in the first few years and the price deflation as more are on the road and used examples will be for sale.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

It doesn't appear so. I'm reading more & more articles to the contrary. This has typically been the case no doubt, but the positive attention that the good dealers get appears to be worth their time. It seems as they are finally seeing the bigger picture. (But there will always be some dealers that price gouge for 'high demand' vehicles. It's unfortunate)
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019/08/21/partial-list-of-chevrolet-dealers-selling-the-new-2020-corvette-at-msrp/

Looks like Kerbeck is on that list, who will have about the highest allocation you can get. Gouging won't last long.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think every generation has people saying the don't like the new style. The big butt on the C5, the fixed headlights on the C6, the Camaro'ish tail lights on the C7 (actually, the entire tailend). GM mentioned they just had pushed the limits of the mid-front engine design to the point the beefy tires in the back couldn't get enough traction. Any wider and they tend to have a 'steam roller' effect. So time to move on. As a manual vert C6 owner, I think it's a hit. Never bought a C7 - my GMS ran out and I started to collect pins (cheaper hobby....maybe ). But no doubt, it is more of a departure.

Any new gen Corvette will won't get GMS or rebates, but they will come in time, but MSRP is not out of the question. I saw a list of dealers that won't markup the price, shouldn't be hard to buy if there's an allotment. If anything, the real issue is Chevy building more of the loaded models, making the base car hard to find (you can always order tho). But that's true for any new car/truck. Just means C7 fans can likely get some killer deals on the 2019 C7. Probably a whopper of a deal if there's any new 2018's still sitting on a lot somewhere. The C7 ZO6 is still a killer car in all regards, wouldn't complain if one was sitting in the garage.

#150 4 years ago

I’m at list from Kerbeck on my Z51. I get the feeling that they are trying to sell as many as they possibly can.
I also hopped on the list for the ZR-1, whenever they decide to announce it.

I understand that old farts like myself are upset about the transition to mid engine, but
how much further could Chevy go with the front engine/rwd configuration? I’m happy. They upgraded the interior. Now, I just want the round taillights back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 85.00
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/7-18-19-the-real-release/page/3?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.