C3B9BC43-C789-4ECF-9562-053D3A1903AA (resized).jpeg
2BCCB698-04BD-46FC-AC43-40753E84E427 (resized).jpeg
E5F043FD-AD22-416E-9F56-9A73BC4E6B3E (resized).jpeg
712FC892-AD3E-4EA5-953D-E5D62706C8BC (resized).jpeg
BD6248AD-8EA2-4DB6-AC1B-AF7A0F656FEE (resized).jpeg
29718744-16AC-44C2-A283-DA418D3AE633 (resized).jpeg
78109EA6-FF27-4BD6-B72D-C72FD9041B6A (resized).jpeg
IMG_3153 (resized).jpeg
https---blogs-images.forbes.com-jacknerad2-files-2019-07-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-LEDE-3-1200x675 (resized).jpg
2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1 (resized).jpg
2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1-2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3646 (resized).JPG
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It definitely is an eye catcher, but that color scheme is terrible. It looks ten times better in red and I don't even like red.

They should have showcased a red or maroon Vette that color is horrible.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Leaf springs are gone, but I don't understand the hatred/criticism for then considering how well vettes perform.

They did refine them to the limit tho (I wasn't bashing them). Got them on my C6. It was really about the comments over the years like "Leaf springs? Really?" I really don't know the how they compare to the other style. I would think weight is a lot less since they are composite.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

They could’ve made it AWD. I don’t see Porsche going away from rear engine anytime soon.
This could’ve/should’ve been a “one off” build like the Ford GT or a new model called the Stingray.
It’s not a Corvette. Sorry.

It's been mentioned there's the possibility of electric motor assist (front wheels since there's room up there now?). Plus the C8 has some new wiz-bang electronics capability (don't remember the name). So that might be in part to support AWD?

Don't forget they always reveal the base car first. The the ZO6, ZR1, etc in the following years.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

They did refine them to the limit tho (I wasn't bashing them). Got them on my C6 It was really about the comments over the years like "Leaf springs? Really?" I really don't know the how they compare to the other style. I would think weight is a lot less since they are composite.

Honestly, I don't know either, but they seem to work really well on my car.

#55 4 years ago

So what do people in the car hobby use when they are making bad analogies?

Pinball machines?

I bet it’s something like groceries or cakes.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what do people in the car hobby use when they are making bad analogies?
Pinball machines?
I bet it’s something like groceries or cakes.

Watercraft?

#57 4 years ago

Just showed the new Vette on local news. Good luck getting one at sticker price. Nice car!

#58 4 years ago

Next weekend, I’m going down to Atlantic City to Kerbeck to see the C8.

I’m really hoping they let us sit in it. Not digging the interior, but maybe once I’m in it, I’ll love it.

#59 4 years ago

Car looks amazing. Only thing I wish they’d bring back is the circular taillights. But still can’t complain of that bang for buck.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Just showed the new Vette on local news. Good luck getting one at sticker price. Nice car!

Just wait. It’s not like they’re going to be limited except by how quickly they can make them. There’s only xxx number of people who can buy afford such a car that’s usually a second or third car in most instances.

Plus people will still be buying 911 and higher cars and Mustang/Camaro and lower priced cars. Supra and such will be in the hunt for import buyers.

I do think C8 is great price performance over a Supra or Mustang etc. but not a lot of people dropping $70K on a sports car. I’m saying maybe a few years will be selling for under MSRP.

#61 4 years ago

I live near Virginia International Raceway where manufacturers do a lot of testing and quite often see cars “camouflaged” like you did. New Corvette looks nice. I was just out at the track a few weeks ago for charity laps for Victory Junction Camp and corvettes were by far the most popular car there.

Quoted from Boondocker:

They were testing this last summer on Freemont Pass, he didn't like it when we pulled over and snapped a pic![quoted image]

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I live near Virginia International Raceway where manufacturers do a lot of testing and quite often see cars “camouflaged” like you did.

Around the motor city, and especially here at the home of Ford, we see the camouflaged vehicles quite often, too.

I’m basically a Ford guy, but I’ve gotta admit that this Corvette sure looks good, especially at its price.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

This could’ve/should’ve been a “one off” build like the Ford GT or a new model called the Stingray.
It’s not a Corvette. Sorry.

I’m just absolutely amazed that they made the Corvette rear engined.

Agree with TK ... they should have made this a new model, and kept the Corvette lineage. Create a new market for the new model.

That new car looks stunning! But it looks more like a Ferrari/McLaren than a Corvette.

rd

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just wait. It’s not like they’re going to be limited except by how quickly they can make them. There’s only xxx number of people who can buy afford such a car that’s usually a second or third car in most instances.
Plus people will still be buying 911 and higher cars and Mustang/Camaro and lower priced cars. Supra and such will be in the hunt for import buyers.
I do think C8 is great price performance over a Supra or Mustang etc. but not a lot of people dropping $70K on a sports car. I’m saying maybe a few years will be selling for under MSRP.

Bowling Green usually churns out about 35K of them a year when sales are good. Not sure how many they can make now since it retooled for the C8. No doubt demand will be high.

#65 4 years ago

Love the rear engine and the design, would miss the 6 speed in my C5

20190609_135639 (resized).jpg20190609_135639 (resized).jpg
#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Mid engine, very cool.
Seemed like GM lost their way with Corvette design the last decade or 2. Played into the senior crowd too much IMO. Performance was there, but people looking foolish driving one.
Too star wars looking, with a 70 year old guy at the wheel. Just my opinion.

What’s age got to do with anything? Not cool.

#67 4 years ago

While you're all here if anyone is interested in an 86 coupe with 56k I'll make ya a great deal on it. Been sitting in my garage for 5 years, was Dad's. Need it gone.

#68 4 years ago

Here ya go guys, jay Leno’s look at it.

#69 4 years ago

Too busy looking for me.
Better yet would have been a "retro" style 1967 Stingray.
Now there was a clean looking car. Still holds it's own after 52 years.

#70 4 years ago

Any new vette is a good thing, only thing I dont like is the trans. I'm sure a manual will be available soon. Luv my "14", will have to drive the c8 b4 deciding on one

20180605_122509 (resized).jpg20180605_122509 (resized).jpg20180605_122630 (resized).jpg20180605_122630 (resized).jpg
#71 4 years ago

I like it a lot..... great price point.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any new vette is a good thing, only thing I dont like is the trans. I'm sure a manual will be available soon. Luv my "14", will have to drive the c8 b4 deciding on one[quoted image][quoted image]

Every single one of my vetts were/are manual. Even my daily drivers are manuals. Right or wrong...the computer controlled trannys are faster, at least on a road course. Mine doesn't have launch control, would be nice to try that.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It definitely is an eye catcher, but that color scheme is terrible. It looks ten times better in red and I don't even like red.

I have to agree with you on that. Maybe silver too make it stick out more on road . Still like the C7 but overall very nice.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Next weekend, I’m going down to Atlantic City to Kerbeck to see the C8.
I’m really hoping they let us sit in it. Not digging the interior, but maybe once I’m in it, I’ll love it.

That’s the place to go everyone here in PA heads there for a vette! Yea that color scheme for interior seems a little euro IMO.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

That’s the place to go everyone here in PA heads there for a vette! Yea that color scheme for interior seems a little euro IMO.

It’s going to be crowded there on Thursday night. They are having a cocktail party and preview for repeat Kerbeck customers and those who have given them a deposit for the C8. Maybe Miss Vicki will make an appearance.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Too busy looking for me.

I'll take just about anything Mazda has designed lately instead. That Mazda RF is frigging beautiful and the 2019 3 hatchback is a 21st-century Scirroco. I love it!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Every single one of my vetts were/are manual. Even my daily drivers are manuals. Right or wrong...the computer controlled trannys are faster, at least on a road course. Mine doesn't have launch control, would be nice to try that.

I know, but I like a manual in a sports car

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have had a lot of manual gearboxes. Bottom line is the DSG has served me well. Couple that with launch control and it's an incredible experience. I love the feel and control of a manual but there is no doubt the computer has passed by the operator in 99% of scenarios.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No disagreement there... I guess wait and see what later versions bring. Even the latest version of the Chevy Colorado (I have the original model) didn't have a manual tranny at first but I think it does now. Back to C8...maybe it will show up if the demand is there.

Like it or not, I think the manual tranny's days are numbered - regardless of the platform. I recall even the Corvette's professional driver's (maybe the race team?) say the auto is faster. I suspect with the dual clutch, even more so.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I have a 911t. Launch control has propelled me to a sub 10 second quarter mile. I've never been able to achieve that in a setting without traction control or in a mode in which I am in complete control. I agree with you 100%!

#81 4 years ago

It’s nice, but I’ll keep my 78 Vette and 14 Viper!!!

106D5DCC-ECD3-4763-BA6D-746BDBA85029 (resized).jpeg106D5DCC-ECD3-4763-BA6D-746BDBA85029 (resized).jpeg99E311AE-1098-45D4-BC7E-96F3EC8095C2 (resized).jpeg99E311AE-1098-45D4-BC7E-96F3EC8095C2 (resized).jpegE0D626E4-0DB0-4566-840F-258B984105BF (resized).pngE0D626E4-0DB0-4566-840F-258B984105BF (resized).png24F763BC-BE35-4B26-9FCA-50D8F62BBE88 (resized).jpeg24F763BC-BE35-4B26-9FCA-50D8F62BBE88 (resized).jpeg
#82 4 years ago

Spoke to my salesman at Chevy last night (we are friends too). They had a bunch of people contact his dealership yesterday looking to order the Z51.

Chevy rolled the dice on this one...looks like they have themselves a winner here.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Spoke to my salesman at Chevy last night (we are friends too). They had a bunch of people contact his dealership yesterday looking to order the Z51.
Chevy rolled the dice on this one...looks like they have themselves a winner here.

I'm happy for this car, may not buy one but it will put some heat on other manufacturers for sure. I mean 911 will still be a status symbol over the Corvette but the Corvette will be on par with a 911 turbo.

Here's a big thing the price is very good (except it'll have big market adjustments yet to be seen how much) but hopefully in time the price will be more close to the MSRP. Lots of cars had market adjustments in the beginning (like the S2000, NSX) but as the early guys got their cars the prices normalized.

Anyway being under $90K is huge, Was just looking at the Audi R8 sales numbers and in 12 years it sold 28K cars worldwide. It's just so darn expensive that people have options like Porsche, Aston, Mclaren, Lambo, Ferrari and there is only so many rich folks. But if a C8 can ever sell for $60K ballpark that's in reach of a lot more people and as I said maybe cheaper than a 10 year old R8. I'd take a modern car with more features and technology over a 10 year old exotic.

Also the new NSX is in the same boat as the R8 being well over $100K not a lot of people are buying it when (potentially) here comes the C8 for half price. just over 1100 total NSX sales in the US in the past 4 years. That'll be like one month sales for the C8.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Here ya go guys, jay Leno’s look at it.

I like the basic overall looks but there is a lot of fussy styling like the doors with the huge vents bit over the top. But for sure this is a big hit.

#85 4 years ago

I think these will have a market adjustment until the market has more corvettes than buyers. These are not limited run cars, so as those that want to be the first to own one get one and a new year comes around, their will be deals to be had. When I bought my 06 C6 corvette, I waited until almost 2007 and got it for about 12K off of MSRP. Not sure if that was the best deal around, but I was happy with it and that’s what counts.

I definitely think this is a lot of bang for your buck. Can’t wait to see a Z06 and ZR1.

#86 4 years ago

I ordered the Z51 at MSRP, whatever that turns out to be. I’m sure you will be able to get these at a discount within a year of release.

#87 4 years ago

Now the one thing I’m curious about is Jay Leno’s comment that their would be more legroom for the driver due to the design. I don’t fit (well) in any corvette outside of the 5th gen and 6th gen. When the 7th gen came out, I went to the dealership to get a feel for the car, and I felt like a giant getting into a clown car. I’m 6’7”, so I hope Jay Leno is right.

Now i fit quite comfortably Into a 599GTB, but it’s price doesn’t fit comfortably with me lol

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

It’s nice, but I’ll keep my 78 Vette and 14 Viper!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was that UPS guy admiring you or the 78?

#89 4 years ago

I will probably get one but will wait a year or so. I think it will pair well with my other car. Old school meets new school.

IMG_3160 (resized).JPGIMG_3160 (resized).JPGIMG_3153 (resized).jpegIMG_3153 (resized).jpeghttps---blogs-images.forbes.com-jacknerad2-files-2019-07-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-LEDE-3-1200x675 (resized).jpghttps---blogs-images.forbes.com-jacknerad2-files-2019-07-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-LEDE-3-1200x675 (resized).jpgIMG_3171 (resized).JPGIMG_3171 (resized).JPG2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1-2 (resized).jpg2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1-2 (resized).jpgIMG_3646 (resized).JPGIMG_3646 (resized).JPG2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1 (resized).jpg2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1 (resized).jpg
#90 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I will probably get one but will wait a year or so. I think it will pair well with my other car. Old school meets new school.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a sexy Camaro!

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

No disagreement there... I guess wait and see what later versions bring. Even the latest version of the Chevy Colorado (I have the original model) didn't have a manual tranny at first but I think it does now. Back to C8...maybe it will show up if the demand is there.
Like it or not, I think the manual tranny's days are numbered - regardless of the platform. I recall even the Corvette's professional driver's (maybe the race team?) say the auto is faster. I suspect with the dual clutch, even more so.

True, but a manual is still funner for me to drive, I'm not interested in goin to the track, never have. Any fool can set launch control and let an auto tranny do the work

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

True, but a manual is still funner for me to drive,

Spend a few months driving everyday on the 405 and then get back to me......

#93 4 years ago

Didn't ask you, did funner for me

#94 4 years ago

Its

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

True, but a manual is still funner for me to drive, I'm not interested in goin to the track, never have. Any fool can set launch control and let an auto tranny do the work

That’s what I think. Electric cars also don’t thrill me. Sure they accelerate hard but I like the power delivery and interaction you get from a gas engine and manual transmission. Preferred normal aspiration engine like S2000 or e93 M3 like I owned. Drive a turbo M4 now there’s a lot of power turbo but it’s not linear. Also dove a Tesla before was fine but not that engaging or fun to drive. More of a driving pod than enthusiastic driving car. Imo

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s what I think. Electric cars also don’t thrill me. Sure they accelerate hard but I like the power delivery and interaction you get from a gas engine and manual transmission. Preferred normal aspiration engine like S2000 or e93 M3 like I owned. Drive a turbo M4 now there’s a lot of power turbo but it’s not linear. Also dove a Tesla before was fine but not that engaging or fun to drive. More of a driving pod than enthusiastic driving car. Imo

I’m with you guys on that. I have a ‘69 911S that is as raw and visceral as you can get. It’s not close to being the fastest car, but it feels great.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Oddly enough, the C6 clutch is my least favorite out of all my manuals over the decades. Just the angle of my foot vs the pedal. Just doesn't feel right despite adjusting the seat position.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I will probably get one but will wait a year or so. I think it will pair well with my other car.

That is an absolutely beautiful car!

#99 4 years ago

Here is a good little review.

Was thinking of getting a 911 someday when I have sufficient money but now this looks like the car to beat. heck all it's as cheap as a Cayman S (Cayman or Cayman S is nothing to sneeze at but the Vette will murder it), I think this Vette will give the Ford GT a run for it's money at a fraction of the price.

I'd take this over most cars (GT-R etc,,).

Think it'll be 3600 lbs (idk but estimated so it's not a light weight car more in line with a 911 turbo).

C&D estimated 3600 as well so that's not too much lighter than Mustang or M4 https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28448822/2020-corvette-mid-engine-size-comparison/

I'll still take the Vette even if it's not that light, still would keep my BRZ for a light weight and MT option (I can't fit in Miata).

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That is an absolutely beautiful car!

Thanks, pretty happy with the way it looks and runs now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/7-18-19-the-real-release/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.