(Topic ID: 120868)

6th pinball machine advice?

By Mancave

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjfisher.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

BSD is a killer machine and lots of fun but doesn't have any modes or wizard mode - it's all about stacking multiballs and its hard and fast. If you like to go through the modes and reach story modes then a Jurassic Park is very cool - the dino is great and the wizard mode is fun too (plus it has a shaker motor). Your friends probably won't like Drac but you'll love it - they more than likely will enjoy JP.

If you have an RFM see if you can pick up a cheap Star Wars Ep kit - it's not the best game around but I managed to pick up an NIB kit for under $2K AUD so it's fairly cheap, beautiful to look at and again your friends will think it's pretty cool. Plus it leaves you room to add another machine so you can still pick up a JP or BSD

#36 9 years ago

Tales from the Crypt is pretty cool and I like the Door Handle shooter, the DMD graphics are pretty good (particular the decapitation scenes) but I found I got bored with it pretty quickly. Funhouse is a game I thought I'd never like because I didn't like the Rudy head - I thought he was creepy and it didn't have a DMD but it grows on you. I'd take a BSD over a TFTC but I haven't owned a Funhouse or played it enough to really know what it's longevity is like.

#42 9 years ago

I think a lot of it depends on the condition you get it when you buy it and how you look after it. My first pin was a JP (which I still have) and I bought that shopped (a decent one) and I've hardly had to do anything with it apart from the odd clean, bulb change etc. Never had a problem with the T-Rex head either. I've had it for over 10 years. My Indy on the other hand was "shopped" (I use that term loosely) and I've had to fix the power boards, flippers, wrong coils, Path of Adventure issues etc etc - that one I'll have to do a full makeover on it at some stage (after I finish my BSD). Then there's my BSD - supercheap, undermaintained piece of poo on ebay that appeared to have a lot of problems - $1.50 on a new molex connector and a clean and I haven't had any issues - I'd definitely say that the WMS/Bally machines "feel" and "sound" better made than my JP but I don't know if that actually means that it is. I think the best thing to do is go with the machine that you like the most and try and get one that's been well looked after (or be prepared to do a bit of work on it). After that in home use it should be okay anyway - especially when you have 5 other machines to split your time against

#48 9 years ago

There's actually 2 on there at the moment - one is $3795 and the other is $3999. They are both probably a bit overpriced - I would say $3500 (AUD that is) would be okay for a good condition one. The $3795 (mark c) one will be "shopped" so everything will be working and it will get LEDs in it but be prepared to spend out on repro plastics as they usually won't replace those. Search for "Bram Stroker pinball" - yes that is the way it's spelled - on ebay and there is a complete set there for $250 AUD including Keanu and Wynona.

The $3,999 one is a bit of a rude asking price considering the backbox photo in the ad shows a Sale price of $3,900. I wouldn't bother looking at this one for the price. The main plastic ramp is all warped, the centre plastic above the targets is a dodgy repro and the launch button is not the right one - and that's just what's visible in the photos...

The both have "best offer" options - maybe see if the $3750 guy will take $3500 for it? Of course you really should try and see/play it before making a choice.

Edit - A quick search on pinside marketplace showed a Players Condition BSD for $2700 - that's around $3600 AUD so for an ebay price maybe it's not so bad after all.

3 weeks later
    #59 9 years ago

If you're still interested in a BSD - ebay has one now - $2,865.00 AUD in Cobram Vic...not many pics - but you could contact and ask for more..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjfisher.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6th-pinball-machine-advice?tu=mjfisher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.