(330 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pigeon2000.jpg
lick themselves.jpg
imagesCA0D6R5G.jpg
Iphone 2014 002.JPG
untitled-173.png
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago

In Canada Starburst does what it wants because there is no competition..same thing applies to AUS. The MRSP really fu*k us over as the retailer will just take off $200 bucks and call it a deal. + exchange rate + taxes...... AKA we are completly screwed!

#102 9 years ago

I won't quote distributor prices, but if you're being quoted more than $5k for the Pro it's time to shop around. So this whole $6k for a Pro thing just has no bearing on reality.

Prices have gone up. Maybe $300 more than Metallica. Sucks, but it's not the sky falling either IMHO. I would think this will be the new pricing for a while now, it can't go up with each title.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Maybe I can pick upa used PRO that is HUO for $3500 early next year?

Sure, for a Mustang. If it didn't happen to MET pro, it ain't gonna happen to TWD.

#104 9 years ago

Agreed - call the distributors. You can pick one up under $5k shipped. Just remember, some differences in pricing due to payment type (cc vs cash, MO, etc.)

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

In Canada Starburst does what it wants because there is no competition..same thing applies to AUS. The MRSP really fu*k us over as the retailer will just take off $200 bucks and call it a deal. + exchange rate + taxes...... AKA we are completly screwed!

did you received a quote? i'd be curious to see that. pm?

#106 9 years ago

how much does it cost to either get one in the US and bring it, or ship from US to CAN?

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Sure, for a Mustang. If it didn't happen to MET pro, it ain't gonna happen to TWD.

I can't even count the # of new games coming out in the next year. I think the timing plays a big factor in the downward value of these new games. $3500 does not seem out of the realm of possibility for TWD pro next year.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Damn people are freaking at msrp prices. This is about as worthwhile a conversation as people paying msrp on an automobile

1. We have already established that no one pays MSRP.

2. Distro's (<I'm Hip ) discount there prices according to MSRP.

3.Run down to your local Chevy dealer and buy one of these:Iphone 2014 002.JPGIphone 2014 002.JPG Just Sayin

4. I now have 20 votes to go home and drink. So I'll be leaving early today.
imagesCA0D6R5G.jpgimagesCA0D6R5G.jpg

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

1. We have already established that no one pays MSRP.
2. Distro's (<I'm Hip ) discount there prices according to MSRP.
3.Run down to your local Chevy dealer and buy one of these: Just Sayin
4. I now have 20 votes to go home and drink. So I'll be leaving early today.

Iphone 2014 002.JPG 337 KB

imagesCA0D6R5G.jpg 12 KB

hahha, there are a few cars where the DEALER keeps them at MSRP because of hype. I assume this may happen in pinball as well? JJP games, MMR? But for the most part a car that most people can afford will be able to be dropped in price.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

how much does it cost to either get one in the US and bring it, or ship from US to CAN?

So let's say you get it for $4800US. Convert to Canadian so add on 10% (banks will take a percentage from the conversion). So let's make it an even $500 for conversion sakes. So retail is now set at $5300 CDN. Then you have to pay 13% custom / taxes on it in Ontario. So that makes it $5989. Then you have to pay for shipping which is about $400 and there you have it $6.3K

We might end up saving a few hundred bucks.

#111 9 years ago

Last year a pro was 4300 delivered . It's about 600 more now. That's the reality .

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Shop around and take $1000 of that MSRP at a "minimum".

Which takes us to $700 more than the last Pro.

EDIT: Some of that price is made up of the newer pros that come with LEDs I just read though.

#113 9 years ago

I don't care about the higher prices, if its what stern needs to do to stay in business and continue building pins then they will. They are pricing their games at a certain margin to maintain a healthy business. I don't agree with operating on small margins with higher output, they are not set up for that type of business model. So Stern, if you have to increase the price to keep producing games at the pace you are, do so. Game looks pretty damn good to me.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I don't care about the higher prices, if its what stern needs to do to stay in business and continue building pins then they will. They are pricing their games at a certain margin to maintain a healthy business. I don't agree with operating on small margins with higher output, they are not set up for that type of business model. So Stern, if you have to increase the price to keep producing games at the pace you are, do so. Game looks pretty damn good to me.

Higher prices could bite them if people stop buying though. I think they've crossed the threshold for me right now, but don't blame them if sales stay steady though.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Higher prices could bite them if people stop buying though. I think they've crossed the threshold for me right now, but don't blame them if sales stay steady though.

And that may be the case for most people at a certain point, problem is that once that point is reached, Stern will no longer be in business. If they have to sell machines at break even or tiny margins, why would they continue to operate? Bally/Williams

#116 9 years ago

Guess we will find out. All I know is the small sampling of folks I talk to. All who bought new game after new game before. It may be only 500-700 dollars but we were already at our peak at the old pricing and is just going over the edge.
Hopefully plenty of new players at these price points.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Guess we will find out. All I know is the small sampling of folks I talk to. All who bought new game after new game before. It may be only 500-700 dollars but we were already at our peak at the old pricing and is just going over the edge.
Hopefully plenty of new players at these price points.

Yep. I'd like one and think it looks great (still want to see it in action), but not at current pricing. Charging almost $3k more for an LE over the pro is crazy. Again, don't blame them if they're selling though.

#118 9 years ago

As long as people keep buying them, the prices will continue to go up.

Simple as that.

#119 9 years ago

has anyone received pricing yet? what are you being quoted?

#120 9 years ago

In Canada Starburst does what it wants because there is no competition

Just ordered my LE, the pricing after US exchange is in line with the delivered prices I'm seeing here for the states. We get hosed on taxes, but that is the way it is, nothing to do with Stern or Starburst.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just ordered my LE, the pricing after US exchange is in line with the delivered prices I'm seeing here for the states. We get hosed on taxes, but that is the way it is, nothing to do with Stern or Starburst.

Man I'd really want to play that. I am hoping William Fan here in Ottawa picks one up. Who knows I might sell my FT and my WCS and get myself a PRO. Again..i don't want to lose an arm and a leg.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Simple as that.

Damnit, beat me to it by about 1.5 hours.

#123 9 years ago

4700-4900.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

They will probably announce a premium once the LEs have sold out.

The LE's are more than likely already sold out....to distributors. Stern doesn't have a problem selling the LEs to distributors. So where is the Premium announcement?

I bet if we don't get an announcement of a Premium version before the LEs are shipping, we won't get one at all.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Well put. This seems like a very reasonable take on the current market and Stern pricing.

#126 9 years ago

I don't know what pricing is through a distro yet but if TWD is $5400 and MET LED Pro is $4800 I will go for the MET. So the $600 increase is a significant part of the reason I wouldn't buy TWD. The market is working perfectly and if more people make a decision like mine the next Pro Stern releases would likely have a lower MSRP price.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I don't know what pricing is through a distro yet but if TWD is $5400 and MET LED Pro is $4800 I will go for the MET. So the $600 increase is a significant part of the reason I wouldn't buy TWD. The market is working perfectly and if more people make a decision like mine the next Pro Stern releases would likely have a lower MSRP price.

I believe TWD Pro and Met Pro Led pricing is roughly the same now. Metallica pricing is about $500 more now than when it first came out though(at least based on what I paid for mine when it came out).

#128 9 years ago

This is what Stern can do with those prices.

lick themselves.jpglick themselves.jpg
#129 9 years ago

I'm not sure why anyone would buy a pro right now. Just wait until it comes out and see what the reviews say and software state is. There's about an 80 to 90% chance that the software will be incomplete for 6 to 12 months, just wait and pick it up used for $500 off when the software is finished.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

There's about an 80 to 90% chance that the software will be incomplete for 6 to 12 months

Agreed, look at Star Trek. They need to sell sell sell and move onto the next theme. Code isn't a priority.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I believe TWD Pro and Met Pro Led pricing is roughly the same now. Metallica pricing is about $500 more now than when it first came out though(at least based on what I paid for mine when it came out).

thanks for the reply. I should have pricing on TWD Pro & Met Led Pro soon and ill pass along an update. I was told IM Vault and Met Led Pro is same.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Agreed, look at Star Trek. They need to sell sell sell and move onto the next theme. Code isn't a priority.

Exactly, why tie up money in an incomplete game for a year when you could buy something with depreciation already baked in and is finished? And if they do by some miracle have the code complete at shipping, you can just buy one in a month or two, there's no danger of them running out.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Avengers Premium was announced when it came out, but if I remember correctly the full specs of the Premium weren't revealed until later. By the time they released specs/pics, it didn't get much attention as many distribs still had Blue LEs to sell…had a tough time selling them at full price…and they weren't priced that much higher than the Premium anyway. So - I think anyone who had any interest in Avengers just got a Blue LE instead.
There have been a few Avenger Premiums for sale on Pinside…but it doesn't seem like they made that many.

So, was the Premium more limited than the LE's?

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Last year a pro was 4300 delivered . It's about 600 more now. That's the reality .

We're looking at roughly a 14-16% increase in one year.......wtf?

Some food and gas might do that (and college tuition) but not general merchandise.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Simple as that.

Supply and demand. It's how the whole world runs every day.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Supply and demand. It's how the whole world runs every day.

Sure.....and I think the "demand" portion of that equation is about to tapper off.

#137 9 years ago

I kind of wish no one would buy the game to give stern a reality check on pricing but I know pinheads and they can't wait to plop down the cash! A little restraint would go a long way gentlemen!

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I kind of wish no one would buy the game to give stern a reality check on pricing but I know pinheads and they can't wait to plop down the cash! A little restraint would go a long way gentlemen!

OK Mr. 16 pins

#139 9 years ago

I want it to sell because stern clearly listened to us on Pinside and if sells well we can have further influence. Regardless I fear MMr , this and hobbit money is drying funds up and expo could have more. Worried

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

lick themselves.jpg 67 KB

lmao!

#141 9 years ago

5 stages of this thread:

1) Denial and Isolation
2) Anger
3) Bargaining
4) Depression
5) Acceptance

#142 9 years ago

if there is no premium the price of the LE will sky rocket.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I want it to sell because stern clearly listened to us on Pinside and if sells well we can have further influence. Regardless I fear MMr , this and hobbit money is drying funds up and expo could have more. Worried

Maybe Stern will start a bank and can offer second mortgages

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You guys are so Lucky living in the US. Dont know exact pricing but estimate a LE will do around 11 KUSD and a PRO around USD 7300 . Compare that with your USpricing ....
And damn, it looks good but pricing for home use is getting just to much. Guess I will have to play it somewhere else.

Sucks don't it. I feel for ya. Your being priced right out of the hobby.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

if there is no premium the price of the LE will sky rocket.

Once it skyrockets that will be their smoke signal to announce premiums. They smart

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Maybe they make lion king pin and that can be translite pic

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Once it skyrockets that will be their smoke signal to announce premiums. They smart

or eventually a VE edition with a few extras and of course more money.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

5 stages of this thread:
1) Denial and Isolation
2) Anger
3) Bargaining
4) Depression
5) Acceptance

Followed by;
6) bankruptcy
7) divorce

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Followed by;
6) divorce
7) bankruptcy

Fixed it for you...

#150 9 years ago

I'm just glad we are reaching the stage of panic. Pinside wouldn't feel right without it.

Edit: Also, if anyone out there is currently on the verge of panic, I strongly urge you to do so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6k-for-a-pro-86k-for-an-le-holy/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.