• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Cheddar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Here's how I do it
Set DMM to VAC
Turn Machine On
Black to Ground
Red to J1 Pin 1 & 2 ~12 VAC
Red to J1 Pin4 & 5 ~14 VAC
Black to J1 Pin 6
Red to J1 Pin 7 ~69 VAC
Turn Machine Off

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

Cheddar,
Tested the method you used and got the following
Pin 1 & 2 ~12.7 VAC
Pin4 & 5 ~14.3 VAC
Black to J1 Pin 6
Pin 7 ~76 VAC
does this seem correct?

yes it does. they will run a little high without load

2 weeks later
#14 2 years ago

A2P2 is the 5VDC right? Use this schematic and work your way back to the regulator. You can see where the genius who made this schematic (not me) put in the expected voltage at each point. http://www.stevechannel.com/images/tech_tips/System1PowerSupplySchematic.jpg

You might find that it is correct at 1 point and then bad at the next. That would indicate the component needs to be replaced. What I'd expect here if the regulator is putting out 5v is the SCR101 or CR101 is shorted.

1 week later
#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

Correct, I will go back and check voltages from that schematics.

The 5volt pot is turned up all the way.

Turn it down. The worry is it's too high and the protection circuit is pulling to to ground to protect the mpu.

Quoted from Kickout:

Rechecked the DC voltages. Missing the +5 volts at A2P2 P1 & P2. Also missing the +4 volts at A2P3 P7. Looking at the schematic it looks to me that these voltages are all supplied by related parts on the board. Any help determining which parts I should be looking at is helpful.
Thanks
Kickout

After you turn down the 5V you have to work backwards from A2P2 P1 and test at all the places on the 5V line.

In the attached image I have labeled the points you can test (1 to 4 circled) and the expected VDC to see where the voltage may have dropped.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Work backwards from A2P2 P1 to the junction of CR101 and R4 (5V adjustment pot) and measure there. You may need to poke around with the machine off to find someplace to test. My guess would be the center lead of the pot but see if it has continuity to CR101 before you use it as a test point.

If you find you have 5V at 1 place but not the next the component closest to A2P2 is suspect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/69volts-gottlieb-system-1?tu=Cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.