By Flippers_com

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots2 (resized).jpg
    Bally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots3 (resized).jpg
    Bally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

If any have the rare Bally 6803 test fixture I've found some things that might be of use:

1) The power ground stops at the line filter - you need to connect the line filter ground to the bus ground right beside it. Also lengthen the cut-off ground wire running to the power switch and connect it to the metal panel with a crimp star washer for good safety practices.

2) Atlantis - this game uses Strobe 5, which most games AND the TEST EPROMs ignore. If you are testing an Atlantis you will not get valid Switch Test for Strobe 5 Switches unless you have a later revision of the test fixture code than I do - which is supposed to be RV1. Note that jumper J9 is used if Strobe 5 is wanted, but I don't know (didn't look) which other games also use it. I suspect possibly Truck Stop and maybe Blackwater...so to properly test them you will need the game EPROMs. Email me if you think you have the later TEST EPROMs, happy to trade a PDF of the test fixture manual for that!

3) Atlantis - doesn't always flash the LED during boot. This is not a test fixture problem, rather I was just surprised by it and figured something was wrong. No, other than the coders not including it, there is nothing wrong. Note that earlier EPROMs and the TEST EPROMs will flash the LED so your boot flash count is still valid.

4) Features? Well, instead of using the Keypad you can use the column and row switches 'cause, let's face it, the keypad sucks. I was going to record the cross reference between the keypad and the strobes, but it uses the bottom left corner and up and to the right in the same pattern and it is late and I am heading home at 3:30PM Dec 31st. Happy New Year!

John :-#)#

Bally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots (resized).jpgBally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots (resized).jpgBally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots2 (resized).jpgBally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots2 (resized).jpgBally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots3 (resized).jpgBally 6803 Test Fixture inside shots3 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6803-test-fixture-bugs-and-features- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.