Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by d0n
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Recently picked up a special force everything seems to be working except the flashers (bright lights 1,2 etc) Im unfamiliar with how the whole multiplexing works with theses games as this is my first bally from this era. Anything obvious I should try that relates to this circuit.

Put a few new bulbs in for testing (I dont have the schematics and the ones on IPDB are pretty blurry for this game)

Any help on testing this type of multiplexed circuit is much appreciated
Ken

#2 6 years ago

if there are multiple flashers on the circuit and 1 is out they all are out, like a string of xmas lights, but to test them you have to go thru the solenoid testing. The menu is weird and hard to get a grip on, but some practice will get you there.

#3 6 years ago

Wow thats weird, I found them in the menu but none of them work - and from what I can understand the same transistor works a flasher and something like a kickout - so if the kickout works then the transistor is good correct? or am I not understanding the system correctly? So and example would be Transistor "A" works (kickouthole/bright light 1) Transistor B works (Brightlight2/drop target)

#4 6 years ago

so the machine works fine other than flashers?

#5 6 years ago

remember when you fire those flashers they are not constant on they only flash once

#6 6 years ago

diodes check out?

4 weeks later
#7 6 years ago

Getting voltage to the flashers, they just wont flash which makes me think transistor but grounding out transistor does nothing either. Its weird they would all be out but all have voltage going to them

3 months later
#8 6 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

Getting voltage to the flashers, they just wont flash which makes me think transistor but grounding out transistor does nothing either. Its weird they would all be out but all have voltage going to them

Hi...

Did you find the solution to your problem ? I have a similiar one with my Escape from the Lost World..

reg
Matt in Sweden

#9 6 years ago

There are 2 flashers which are driven by 1 transistor. One switches to the positive side of the sinewave, the other to the negative side.
In the schematics these are indicated as phase C and D. (A&B are for feature lights)
There are diodes on the flashers, and a single wire to the transistor.

How many flashers do not work?
A single flasher indicates the diode, flasher or socket.
A group of 2 indicates a transistor or the wire/connector.
A group of flashers on a single phase indicates a blown fuse or daisy chained wire being loose.

What exactly is the problem on your machine?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Richard_BoK:

There are 2 flashers which are driven by 1 transistor. One switches to the positive side of the sinewave, the other to the negative side.
In the schematics these are indicated as phase C and D. (A&B are for feature lights)
There are diodes on the flashers, and a single wire to the transistor.
How many flashers do not work?
A single flasher indicates the diode, flasher or socket.
A group of 2 indicates a transistor or the wire/connector.
A group of flashers on a single phase indicates a blown fuse or daisy chained wire being loose.
What exactly is the problem on your machine?

All flashers are out...

I am totally new to Bally 6803 and will take any advice that is thrown to me what to do and look for... Thanks for the above input.. I will check and try to get a generall picture of what is not working. . Yesterday I focused on wasting the old battery, charging transistor and installing a lithium holder and diode.

reg
Matt in Sweden

#11 6 years ago

I suggest you check all the fuses first and then start with measuring the voltages.
Note that these voltages are AC. (this is how they "made" 2 phases: the upper half and the lower half of the sinewave)

2 months later
#12 5 years ago

Did you ever figure the flasher issue out? I have a bally hardbody that NONE of the flashers work. The bulbs are all fine. I'm not sure if they're supposed to come on during the "all lamps" test? They sure dont nor do they come on during gameplay.

Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside