• Latest reply 7 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SSschem (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello all. Trying to track down the cause of this issue on a Special Force. Looking at the manual, the coil tests that make the fuse glow/blow make sense. I skip a few tests in the menu because those ones don't do anything to the fuse. The knocker is what finally does it. The coil on the knocker is an A 26-1200, can I get confirmation that is the correct coil? Even so, as you will see, the knocker isn't the only coil that is giving the fuse a hard time. Any help is appreciated.

#4 7 years ago

Would multiple coils make the fuse glow like that though? I will check out resistance.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have yet to see a fuse glow like that. Have you replaced it?

It did it for every coil in that circuit. The knocker made it glow bringer and blew it on the 3rd or 2nd test.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

one amp fuse sounds kind a low doesn't? I would thing it should be more like a 4 amp fuse.

The manual is pretty blurry, but it looks like that is what it says.

#11 7 years ago

It's blown and been replaced several times trying to narrow down what what causing it. It is attached to everything shown in the image which makes me think it's pretty low value, but again, is what the manual calls for.

#12 7 years ago

With my DMM, I'm getting 56V at the knocker and not 43V like the manual says. What I don't understand is the slings (supposedly on the same line according to the manual) are showing as ~44.5V, so not terrible. The previous video was actually with a .75A fuse. Not sure how that ended up with my 1A, batch, but it did. I put a 1A in there and now it's not glowing, but you can tell it's still being stressed. I made this video to show what happens when the right sling fires. It may not be glowing, but I still think something is off here.

#13 7 years ago

Does anyone have an actual manual to say where the power comes from for this set of coils? The database one is a scan and the schematic is one of 3-4 on a single sheet. Zooming in is very blurry. Also, please see above post.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Here is the schematic from Strange Science which should be very similar if not the same. The SS manual is scanned pretty clearly.

Much appreciated and thanks for the tip on checking SS manual.

Are there any guesses as to why the knocker was reading a higher voltage than the other coils?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I had the same issue on both my special forces I just clipped the wire to the knocker and then they played great. I can live without the knocker.

I think I'm going to do this tonight and see if that eases off the 1A fuse as well for whatever reason.

#18 7 years ago

Education time. I measured the knocker, as I mentioned. On the hot side (with the daisy chained wire) I'm getting 43V. I get the same 43V on both the hot and ground sides of both slings. I'm going to assume that this is because the diode bridges the lugs. But, on the ground side of the knocker, it's the 55V as mentioned above. I measured the J9-11 pin and I'm getting very low mV readings, so basically noise. Is that wire picking up another 12V from somewhere? Have some slo-blo fuses on order, so will undo the knocker and put the new fuse in when it gets here. I'd really like to find the source of the extra 12V though. I used the rail as my ground point for each test if that matters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6803-1a-playfield-fuse-blowing?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.