Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
0Shangri-La-one-then-4-player (resized).jpg
IMG_7581 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7580 (resized).JPG
IMG_7579 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Hi fotoboy
in my Williams Shangri La the rod on the gear and the "switch to open" are mounted different - see the JPG, stepping up means turning clockwise. In the last step (to "four players do participate") the rod on the gear lifts the switchblade. Greetings Rolf

0Shangri-La-one-then-4-player (resized).jpg0Shangri-La-one-then-4-player (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

Hi fotoboy
I see You also have an "Dipsy Doodle" pin in Your collection --- how is the switch on Coin-Unit in Your Dipsy Doodle ? Greetings Rolf

#11 4 years ago

Hi fotoboy
the switch You have encircled red in the JPGs in post-2 and post-4 was put into the pins for ONE reason: In the arcade rooms to make it impossible for player to press the "Replay / Credit / Start Button" more than four times. Pressing four times does start for a Four Player game - then faulty pressing a fifth time (without the mentioned switch): A Replay would be taken off the Replay-Counter but not starting for a fifth player to participate --- people complaining --- so the manufacturers mounted these switches into the pins.
If You promise to either not complain or not pressing the button more than four times: With a jumper make this switch "closed all the times". Greetings Rolf

#14 4 years ago

Hi fotoboy
we live in different time zones - here in Switzerland it is getting late - soon I will go to sleep, this is my last post for today.
I need a good description of what is happening in Your Cabaret - You have the main power cord disconnected - You then plug-in (does the motor start to run ?) - You press the left flipper button - lights turn on - does the motor start to run ? - You press the Replay Button - the motor starts to run - do the Score-Drums reset (beeing stepped forward) ? And then ...
With an good description me and other pinsiders can dig-in into the schematics and look-up stuff - suggest tests and/or ask questions. Without a good description it probably will be just guessing. Greetings Rolf

1 week later
#19 4 years ago

Hi fotoboy
my mother tongue is German - I always have the problem "do I understand an English text or do I read something out of - that is not in the text". What is "problem with loading multiple players ... 4 players are good to go" - on this there is a loot of room for interpretation. In post-14 I did ask - I need a detailled description like this:
I play (as I am forced to) an 4-player game - nicely through all players, all balls - pin comes to "Game-Over" (visible in the backglass) - I press the Start-Button "4 can play" dissapears on the backglass - I can see "1 can play" in the backglass - the Score-Drums do reset - before the ball is kicked-out I hear the motor run and see in the backglass a rhythmic step up - "2 can play" - "3 can play" - "4 can play" - then the ball is kicked out.
The "written above" is just an example of how detailled the description for me must be - so I then can look up in the schematics --- otherwise I do some interpretation of the text (description) and end "barking up the wrong tree". Greetings Rolf

#21 4 years ago

Hi fotoboy
please have the pin unplugged whenever You look into the pin - when You work on the pin - whenever You can go along not having electricity in the pin (current can kill).
Here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=415&picno=18043&zoom=1 on top of the picture we see two stepper units - and here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=415&picno=49891&zoom=1 we see the two steppers also. In Your Cabaret - do these units have paper-tags telling "Ball Count Unit" / "Coin Unit" ?
Have the playfield raised - plug-in, toggle-on, start a game and watch down into the cabinet - DOES the Coin-Unit actuate one coil (the Total-Reset-Coil) and then some time after actuates the other coil (the single-step-up-Coil) - a short pause - again actuates the other coil (the single-step-up-Coil) - a short pause - again actuates the other coil (the single-step-up-Coil) ?
(((faulty always a four player game could be caused "Coin-Unit is gummed-up, stuck in Four-Player-Position - never resetting"))) Greetings Rolf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/68-williams-will-only-let-me-add-2-players-not-4?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.