(Topic ID: 263507)

68 Williams Cabaret, the saga continues...

By fotoboy

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fotoboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

score selector (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7579 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

So, I am working my way through this machine, and I have one little thing that I am hoping all you pinball wizzards can help me with.

The extra ball light gets activated every so often (in normal gameplay) after which it gets deactivated, usually pretty soon after that. Problem is, it always gives an extra ball no matter if ball drains or one of the roll overs for extra ball is hit. It stays on, altho the lights go off. I have cleaned the EB relay switches..,

Any Ideas??

IMG_7579 (resized).JPGIMG_7579 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from fotoboy:

it always gives an extra ball

I'm not sure I understand your description of the problem but if the Ball Count unit never advances, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 4 years ago

Howard,
this is a little bit hard do explain, but I'll try. Cabaret has a "score selector" (in photo) wheel activated by some of the bumpers (marked "change"), each position on the wheel activates some stuff on the PF. One of the positions (red) activates everything, including extra ball to this player light, until one of the change bumpers is hit again. Once the extra ball reward lights are activated, it SHOULD give an extra ball if one of the triggers is hit while it is activated. Then it should disable the extra ball after it deactivates. It does not disable, but always gives me an extra ball. (but only after the extra ball for rolling here lights).

(the ball count advances perfectly.)

score selector (resized).jpgscore selector (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

Hi fotoboy
(post-3) maybe You better write "... extraball invitation light ...". Greetings Rolf

#5 4 years ago

Check your left side rollover switch. If it has 2 switches on it, the one that activates the extra ball relay may be closed all the time. If this happens it will award an extra ball as soon as the feature light is turned on.

#6 4 years ago

@edednedy Hi, and thanks for the tip.

THAT WAS IT! What on earth is that switch about?

Thx again!

#7 4 years ago

@rolf_martin_062
Thanks for all the help, I think I got this thing rolling finally. Now I have to move it. But I think things are pretty stable.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from fotoboy:

@edednedy Hi, and thanks for the tip.
THAT WAS IT! What on earth is that switch about?
Thx again!

One switch scores points as normal. The other switch energizes the extra ball relay through the "Red" relay. So if your extra ball light is off, that switch does nothing. But if your extra ball light is on, it energizes your Extra Ball relay. Since your switch was closed all the time, as soon as you lit the extra ball light (via the Red relay), the extra ball relay energized.

#9 4 years ago

edednedy
Are all the extra ball switches that way?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/68-williams-cabaret-the-saga-continues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.