6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So my mother in law asked if I could take a look at the '68 Paul Bunyan that has been passed down to them, she wants to get it back up and running for the grandkids to enjoy. The problem is the game is stuck in 'Tilt'. When you plug the machine in all the lights on the backbox come on, although the playing field stays unlit, and putting a coin in will initiate a new game-- a ball is ejected to the launching pin. However, the paddles remain locked even after launching the pinball onto the playing field and the ball just makes its way down to the gutter. The reset button on the coin acceptor will start a new game. I opened it up to check the tilt switches and found the "bobber" in the open position, a tilt switch under the plain field in the open position and one on the back of the coin acceptor in the closed position, I couldn't find one in the back box or in the main cabinet (aside from the bobber). As far as I know, they are all in the correct position. I tried to manually activate the Tilt Relay but it was unresponsive, so Im thinking my problem has something to do with this. Any ideas on how to proceed?

#paul-bunyan #gottlieb

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/68-gottlieb-paul-bunyan-tilt-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.