(Topic ID: 103863)

'UPDATE: 65/'66 Bally Gay Cruise/Fun Cruise Question

By VDrums2112

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gay cz.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Not a tech question really, just need info from guys that would know about older EMs.

I've got a line on some Bally Fun Cruise's, Gay Cruise's and Deluxe Fun Cruise's... I know the PF art on Fun Cruise and Deluxe Fun Cruise is different but cannot find any pictures of the Gay Cruise PF. If GC and FC have the same art, I can make a complete GC from one of the FCs... Anyone know the answer?

Thanks,
    -Steve

#2 9 years ago

I've seen and played Fun Cruise and deluxe Fun Cruise which are a remakes of Bally's 1960 Beauty Contest and Beauty Queen,but never heard of Gay Cruise.

I like the Fun Cruise's back glass/playfield artwork better than deluxe.Since Bally only made 60 of the Gay Cruises, i wonder how many are still around today. I looked on IPDB but the game hasn't any pictures under its listing.

If you go look at the games be sure you bring your camera so you can take a picture of the Gay Cruise since its so rare.

#3 9 years ago

The plan is to buy the the GC and maybe a FC too. There is a GC there for sure and multiple FCs. Some of the FCs have playfields, some don't, so it seems that a lot of playfield swapping took place at one time or another. I just want to make sure that if the GC doesn't have a PF that I get one out of an FC to complete the game. Which is why I'm hoping that GC and FC have the same PF art. If not then there's not much incentive to pick it up if I can't restore a 1 of 60 game to original (or as close as possible)... And I don't even think that a restored GC would be all that valuable like a Varkon would be, but since it is a 1 of 60, it deserves to be rescued and restored if at all possible.

-Steve

#4 9 years ago

Honestly, I'd just buy all those games and sort it out latter.

One of those "Pinball Owner" kind of web sites has several owners of Gay Cruise listed.

I'd email those owners for further pictures and details. On such a rare game, you guys may have parts to swap between the group of you.

You may have better backglasses than they do and yours could be scanned and reproduced by BGrestro.com

Good luck and keep us posted!

gay cz.jpggay cz.jpg

#5 9 years ago

UPDATE:
    I lost out on those games. They were spoken for and paid for before the warehouse sale started today. That's OK though. I looked at them all really close today and they are too far gone. What this old guy wanted with these trashed games is beyond me and he didn't even know when I asked him. I tried rubbing some dirt off of one of the playfields and the art work started crumbling under my finger. They have been set up on their legs for 30+ years with no playfield glass over them. It was actually kind of sad to see how badly they've degraded over all those years. If they had been stored with glass on them they would have stood a better chance of surviving.

There ended up being 2 of the Gay Cruise and 3 of the Fun Cruise games in there and 1 Deluxe Fun Cruise. Wish I could have rescued at least one and brought it back to life.

-Steve

#6 9 years ago

Did the Gay Cruise and the Fun Cruise have the same playfields?

#7 9 years ago

Yes, they did. I did at least get that question answered.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6566-bally-gay-cruisefun-cruise-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.