Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,623 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by DBLM
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    IMG_8965 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8962 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8961 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8963 (resized).jpeg
    20240406_095439 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0428 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0606 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0348 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0610 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0603 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0608 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6996 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6995 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1754 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9524 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#595 2 years ago

I guess I need to crack a bottle...

IMG_20220109_154206590 (resized).jpgIMG_20220109_154206590 (resized).jpgIMG_20220109_154215139 (resized).jpgIMG_20220109_154215139 (resized).jpg
    #598 2 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

It’s no Bourbon but a tasty whiskey indeed. Definitely have it before you’ve had a bourbon
    That’s an OLD Fitz alright!

Y'all got me thinking about Irish whiskey with a few posts earlier. This is a thread of enablers! I like it

#600 2 years ago

Here’s a great Japanese whiskey for you to try
    [quoted image]

I've enjoyed a bottle before. It's definitely tasty.

I mostly drink bourbon, but I certainly get into scotch, whisky, cognac, and even tequila as well.

#602 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Picked up a new toy. Figured a pour of ER was fitting after my test cut. Now I need some blank leather coasters
    [quoted image]

You've got 2 of my favorites upfront; Stagg and Peerless.

#604 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

That Peerless has been sitting there awhile, might have to revisit that cause I was not a fan of the first several pours.

You have the rye pictured, which I like...but I LOVE their bourbon.

#615 2 years ago

This place doesn't serve bourbon

IMG_20220110_194441351_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220110_194441351_HDR (resized).jpg
    #637 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Sorry kcZ but the EC is the winner pretty handily.
    [quoted image]

I could've told you that before, but honestly...it's more fun to personally try and find out!

#664 2 years ago

Daditude are you going to Texas Pinball Festival?

Yes sir. I live 30 minutes away. I'll be there.

#691 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Giving Russell’s a try tonight[quoted image]

Russell's is solid. They are better known for their rye (which is excellent), but please let us know what you think. I think the 10 year is definitely not talked about as much as it should be.

#696 2 years ago

Do you have access to smoke wagon in Texas

Yes. I polished off a couple of bottles awhile back. It has become much more difficult to find, so I haven't had any since.

#698 2 years ago

It is my goal to grab some smoke wagon uncut if I can find it while in Texas and any other good stuff

Unless you get extremely lucky, you will likely have quite the hunt ahead.

#708 2 years ago

Garrison brothers balmorhea is my absolute favorite bourbon!

IMG_20220117_150251583 (resized).jpgIMG_20220117_150251583 (resized).jpg
    #729 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

is it the only one that you've tried? That is some pretty gross stuff, IMHO.

I've had every pappy van winkle, GTS, jr, heavens door bootleg, old Forester 150th, eh Taylor 18 year, and many other high-end bourbons.

GB just has the EXACT profile I like: viscous, high alcohol content, complex, very sweet, a long finish, and a unique favor.

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

When I open this tomorrow night, I'll keep you and Garrison Bros. in mind.
    [quoted image]

GTS is probably my second favorite bourbon. It is L.E.G.I.T.

#771 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

No ice shaming here but rather whiskey enlightening. Taste that whiskey, leave the ice for the water. Once you see the light, you will never go back. We all went thru a stage of ice in our whiskey, don't be afraid to taste your whiskey afterall... you're not drinking Texas whiskey

I'm really shocked to hear you don't like Garrison brothers. What is it you don't care for (high alcohol %, a certain flavor profile, price point, etc.)?

#818 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Fulltilt
    [quoted image]

My bottle ran out. I'm coming over.

#820 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I'm afraid folk from Texas would freeze right around the Arkansas border.

It's worth it.

Fwiw, our seasons are pretty much summer and January, however.

1 week later
    #906 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

This was tasting pretty good tonight... Usually not a big fan of the overrated Blanton's
    [quoted image]

Send me your glencairn then.

#925 2 years ago
    Quoted from pudealee:

Tonight’s pour
    [quoted image]

I've never had it. What's your take?

#930 2 years ago
    Quoted from pudealee:

I like it better that WT Rare Breed. I'm not big on finding "notes" and stuff...

Interesting. I am a big fan of rare breed, so now I think you are forcing me to try it. Lol! Yes, that's what we will go with

#936 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

OGD 114 is a great bottle to pick up if you see it. People think old grand dad is liquid garbage, and it is. But OGD BIB is good, and 114 even better.

Old grand-dad is my favorite bourbon at the price point...in fact, I think it far outperforms it's price level. The only problem is, unlike higher dollar bourbons, if I REALLY get into a bottle I feel it the next day.

#954 2 years ago

Won’t be long now Daditude!
    [quoted image]

I still haven't found any smoke wagon lately

2 weeks later
    #987 2 years ago
    Screenshot_20220224-182855-835 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220224-182855-835 (resized).png
    #1000 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChiefKC:

I'm certain I noticed the name had changed the other day to "The Bourbon Barbershop". I was thinking that was strange at the time.

Screenshot_20220228-231617-584 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220228-231617-584 (resized).png
    1 month later
    #1055 2 years ago

I have a couple of bottles I need to kill off:

IMG_20220417_190959248 (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_190959248 (resized).jpg
    #1056 1 year ago

Drink or sell. It's a tough choice...

IMG_20220420_173254924 (resized).jpgIMG_20220420_173254924 (resized).jpg
    6 months later
    #1098 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Love the 1910. Will have to give that a try.
    [quoted image]

I'm an old Forester fan. They are all solid in my book.

I have a buddy that is a big bourbon guy...like deeply into bourbon clubs and all that. He swears that old Forester king ranch is the next big boutique bourbon. I've yet to try it, but I definitely respect his opinion.

2 months later
    #1138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Christmas gift from wifey Noah's Mill and Frey Ranch are new to me, will be fun to explore these.
    [quoted image]

Noah's mill is one of my favorite bottles under $100

#1139 1 year ago
    Quoted from plovis:

Sounds about time to re-up then!

Don't even get me started. It wasn't too long ago that Blantons and Eagle rare were the stuff you would settle for. Now people I know that don't even like bourbon hoard them because they know they're popular.

I went to a Spec's in Dallas. There was a massive line (I would conservatively guess 1,000 people) for a bourbon drop. There were several styles of Blanton's and eagles rare, amongst other things. I walked in the side door, bought my jack Daniels single barrel barrel proof and left very happy in under 10 minutes with a GREAT bottle.

I later learned that there were people who camped out for 3 days for the bourbon drop. That's just idiotic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/65-percent-corn-35-percent-pinball?tu=Daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.