Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,629 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73543803727__9BC1E8FC-C97A-4525-B134-C2BA68F67B88 (resized).jpeg
    20240420_213639 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_8965 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8962 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8961 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8963 (resized).jpeg
    20240406_095439 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0428 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0606 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0348 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0610 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0603 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0608 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6996 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6995 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 33.
    #451 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

It's okay, bit of cinnamon on the tail... Nothing to write home to PinDeLaPin uncles about.
    Let's try some OGD114
    [quoted image]

My uncles are still waiting for you to bring a bottle of something good back over to their house. They miss you a lot.

#452 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

My uncles are still waiting for you to bring a bottle of something good back over to their house. They miss you a lot.

They still have that weird cousin of yours over there?

#453 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

They still have that weird cousin of yours over there?

I think he is running around somewhere licking door knobs

#454 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I think he is running around somewhere licking door knobs

That is one messed up family that you have, Christmas dinner aught to be a riot. Did your uncle ever get another Pinball machine or is he still rocking that one crappy game? You should really hook him up, I feel bad for the guy.

#455 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

That is one messed up family that you have, Christmas dinner aught to be a riot. Did your uncle ever get another Pinball machine or is he still rocking that one crappy game? You should really hook him up, I feel bad for the guy.

I thought for sure santa was going to hook him up but I guess he was a bad boy this year. I'm sure you have something laying around that you could hook him up with.
    Maybe a store pick of cask strength Old Crow or something would be a nice gift.

#456 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I thought for sure santa was going to hook him up but I guess he was a bad boy this year. I'm sure you have something laying around that you could hook him up with.
    Maybe a store pick of cask strength Old Crow or something would be a nice gift.

Last time I talked to your Uncle he tried selling me one of those old paint cabinets, said my bourbon should go in there and to ignore the smell of paint. Seemed a bit off his rocker

#457 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Last time I talked to your Uncle he tried selling me one of those old paint cabinets, said my bourbon should go in there and to ignore the smell of paint. Seemed a bit off his rocker

Well he was a bit off his rocker and was getting a divorce at the time and losing his auto body shop. You sure know how to beat a guy up while he is down he was trying to hook you up. That old cabinet would have looked sweet in your gameroom!

#458 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well he was a bit off his rocker and was getting a divorce at the time and losing his auto body shop. You sure know how to beat a guy up while he is down he was trying to hook you up. That old cabinet would have looked sweet in your gameroom!

It was the smell that I could not get over, I mean it looked new but every one of those cabinets that I've ever seen in my life smell of paint... it was more of a mental thing for me, I suppose. I imagine drinking bourbon that was stored in there, and thinking of a shade of blue from the old hot rod.

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well he was a bit off his rocker and was getting a divorce at the time and losing his auto body shop.

I did not know he was getting a divorce, seemed like he played for the other team. (In my best Jerry Seinfeld voice, "Not that there's anything wrong with that").

#460 2 years ago

First pour of the day just a little bit ago

20220105_140120 (resized).jpg20220105_140120 (resized).jpg
    #461 2 years ago

Moving on number 2 here is probably my favorite starter bourbon

20220105_144904 (resized).jpg20220105_144904 (resized).jpg
    #462 2 years ago

I like bourbon!

#463 2 years ago

I've heard of it

#464 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Moving on number 2 here is probably my favorite starter bourbon
    [quoted image]

45 minutes in between pours... You're slipping

#465 2 years ago

#466 2 years ago

Whiskey Club pick. Never had WR Rye

PXL_20220106_011917785 (resized).jpgPXL_20220106_011917785 (resized).jpg
    #467 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Whiskey Club pick. Never had WR Rye
    [quoted image]

Drum roll…..

#468 2 years ago

It is awfully good! I had low expectations but it may be the second best rye that I've had.

#469 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Not much of a beer drinker. Tend to gravitate to the water beers if I desire a cold one.

Understandable! I was always a beer drinker and never a liquor, of any type, drinker. Loved the Bourbon Barreled beers n thought one day to cut out the beer n just go with a bourbon. Now love mixing it up.

#470 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

It is awfully good! I had low expectations but it may be the second best rye that I've had.

Congrats…. Good news!

#471 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Understandable! I was always a beer drinker and never a liquor, of any type, drinker. Loved the Bourbon Barreled beers n thought one day to cut out the beer n just go with a bourbon. Now love mixing it up.

Go brewLAB

#472 2 years ago

Never heard of it before but there’s one relatively close to me so will give it a try.

Back to bourbon!

#473 2 years ago

Cheers!

A04441E6-7392-46B4-91A1-1B4B1285508D (resized).jpegA04441E6-7392-46B4-91A1-1B4B1285508D (resized).jpeg
    #474 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Cheers!
    [quoted image]

You need some jam with that toast

#475 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Cheers!
    [quoted image]

Not a fan of that bottle... Sorry

#476 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Not a fan of that bottle... Sorry

Actually think it's not bad. I do like the toasted taste of it. I like the original a bit better though.

#477 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Actually think it's not bad. I do like the toasted taste of it. I like the original a bit better though.

Yeah, not a fan of any of their bourbons. We did a blind tasting and that Toasted bottle ranked lowest, I had no idea it was in the sampling and was surprised to see it ranked at the bottom as that seems to be a rather hyped bottle.

#478 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Yeah, not a fan of any of their bourbons. We did a blind tasting and that Toasted bottle ranked lowest, I had no idea it was in the sampling and was surprised to see it ranked at the bottom as that seems to be a rather hyped bottle.

I'm a newbie with bourbon. They all still taste pretty much the same to me.

#479 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

not a fan of any of their bourbons.

I’m with ya. Haven’t had a Basil Hayden that Ive liked thus far. I still have a bottle that’s 3/4 full n try to give it to guest but most pass on it.

#480 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I’m with ya. Haven’t had a Basil Hayden that Ive liked thus far. I still have a bottle that’s 3/4 full n try to give it to guest but most pass on it.

Can i ask why? They all seem to taste kinda the same to me.

#481 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

If they taste all the same then I'd be drinking the cheapest stuff that I could find while I work on picking out the flavors in something good. Grab a bottle of Old Forester 1920 and start sipping (no ice, ice is not allowed in bourbon.. if you need ice then you might as well have a mixer) and pick out the flavors in that.

#482 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

You have corn based bourbon, wheat bourbon and ryes. You also have different char levels in the barrels which impart different taste profiles also. The Beam products to me tend to be more oaky and tannin tasting. The Buffalo Trace products tend to be far less oaky and more floral based profile. The Old Forester products are somewhat oaky and full bodied and tend to be more brown sugar/carmel tasting.

#483 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

You have corn based bourbon, wheat bourbon and ryes. You also have different char levels in the barrels which impart different taste profiles also. The Beam products to me tend to be more oaky and tannin tasting. The Buffalo Trace products tend to be far less oaky and more floral based profile. The Old Forester products are somewhat oaky and full bodied and tend to be more brown sugar/carmel tasting.

There you have it from Professor Bourbon himself, folks.

#484 2 years ago

Thanks fellas

And i'm definitely guilty of using ice.

Noted.

#485 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks fellas
    And i'm definitely guilty of using ice.
    Noted.

Careful Captain kcZ is the head of the anti-ice squad and will issue you tickets for using ice. I think he had some bad experience once with it or something

#486 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Careful Captain kcZ is the head of the anti-ice squad and will issue you tickets for using ice. I think he had some bad experience once with it or something

I'll issue an ass whopping after the first warning.

#487 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I'll issue an ass whopping after the first warning.

Hope it isn’t an ice whooping

#488 2 years ago

This one (err IV) is tasting pretty good tonight.

PXL_20220108_001837236 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_001837236 (resized).jpg
    #489 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

This one (err IV) is tasting pretty good tonight.
    [quoted image]

I concur!

A1C80150-170D-4582-B2AD-805B20AE8762 (resized).jpegA1C80150-170D-4582-B2AD-805B20AE8762 (resized).jpeg
    #490 2 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

I concur!
    [quoted image]

Did you get V?

#491 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Did you get V?

No…. I had a III before this. You?

#492 2 years ago

I have 2, 3 & 4

#493 2 years ago

III < IV

PXL_20220108_015147826 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_015147826 (resized).jpg
    #494 2 years ago

I’ll keep an eye out for it. Is V circulating now?

#495 2 years ago

Such a good bourbon that flies under a lot of people's radar

20220107_195424 (resized).jpg20220107_195424 (resized).jpg
    #496 2 years ago

I see this a lot. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll grab one

#497 2 years ago

I see this a lot. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll grab one

Make sure it is the 100 proof

#498 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Make sure it is the 100 proof

I took a screen shot of the bottle to make sure. I’ve learned my lesson from past mistakes….. I’m turning 50 next month so I need to learn from my mistakes at this point in my life LOL

#499 2 years ago

I took a screen shot of the bottle to make sure. I’ve learned my lesson from past mistakes….. I’m turning 50 next month so I need to learn from my mistakes at this point in my life LOL

Got a lot of learning

#500 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Got a lot of learning

What are you, 60? I am only about 4 years into Bourbon shopping

There are 1,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/65-percent-corn-35-percent-pinball/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.