4C133759-844B-4A9F-BA2B-2AB8268D77BB (resized).jpeg
E8DF13B0-15E5-416D-B6EF-6BD165927732 (resized).jpeg
3828914 (resized).jpg
11895544-BFB0-411C-8D4C-1C7A728A27EE (resized).jpeg
FFE1FA47-BD9B-46FE-AC58-F9A0B6CFEE9E (resized).jpeg
B74FE539-D997-4E0E-9C26-662D6013DC6C (resized).jpeg
39291845-EC57-4ADD-A5D3-EAD23978F99A (resized).jpeg
6138A0DC-E742-461F-8222-697342704582 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I completely agree that OP is NOT coming across as a jerk. The reason you're not expressing your view on his price is exactly my point. Not sure why others feel the need unless it's requested by the OP

Sorry, but him posting this on the forum instead of just in the market place, is asking for comments.

Again, I feel everyone in this thread has been quite polite. I haven't seen a D bag here yet.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I would take off those plastic leg protectors if you want to leave it in immaculate state.

POTC is screen printed. Those protectors should be ok.

#53 5 years ago

Despite the needlessly dickish comments from some pinsiders preaching their tired ass pinball gospel, POTC is a fun game. Just as relevant as any of the other bullshit movie or rocker themes out there. The wizard mode is extremely difficult so the game becomes a bit of a grind when you are trying to get to that in particular. I had one for a couple years, great shape, sold for ?$4400 or something. Had a lot of fun and it held interest as long as any other game does.

Seriously though, why are people exponentially more of an asshole from behind their keyboard. You are talking about big toys, not world peace. Go for a walk and enjoy your health while you have it instead of flaming someone about a man toy sale.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Despite the needlessly dickish comments from some pinsiders preaching their tired ass pinball gospel, POTC is a fun game. Just as relevant as any of the other bullshit movie or rocker themes out there. The wizard mode is extremely difficult so the game becomes a bit of a grind when you are trying to get to that in particular. I had one for a couple years, great shape, sold for ?$4400 or something. Had a lot of fun and it held interest as long as any other game does.
Seriously though, why are people exponentially more of an asshole from behind their keyboard. You are talking about big toys, not world peace. Go for a walk and enjoy your health while you have it instead of flaming someone about a man toy sale.

3828914 (resized).jpg3828914 (resized).jpg

Ironically enough, the comments are around value not the fun of the game. The game is fun but what people are discussing is that if a low play HUO version is worth $6500. So basically, is having less than 100 plays worth $2K more than another great shape HUO example as many have shown their have sold for low to mid 4's in good shape. In today's pinball environment nothing would surprise me thus why I've tuned in.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seriously though, why are people exponentially more of an asshole from behind their keyboard. .

Your fallacy is assuming these people aren't assholes in person.

#56 5 years ago

My Potc has probably 700 plays with zero wear. So also no way to verify any count with software erase audit history.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

value not the fun of the game.

go hand in hand often and that is in fact the inference of some of the comments. Either way, that pot kettle thing is hilarious. I haven't seen that before. You saved that on your home computer somehow? Niiiiice.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ironically enough, the comments are around value not the fun of the game. The game is fun but what people are discussing is that if a low play HUO version is worth $6500. So basically, is having less than 100 plays worth $2K more than another great shape HUO example as many have shown their have sold for low to mid 4's in good shape. In today's pinball environment nothing would surprise me thus why I've tuned in.

I saw plenty of comments knocking the pin. I'm a big fan of the pin. I don't see what there is to knock. Maybe it's the Flow Hoes knocking it. Those guys can't handle stop-and-go pins and ramps that don't return to the flippers.

Value-wise I think the pin is too new for the whole low-play HUO thing to add major value. Definitely adds some value, but it's not like finding a unicorn. Lots of HUO Sterns floating around.

A low-play HUO Addams on the other hand.....

#59 5 years ago

I love the pin. It's maybe not as coded as TWD but it's got a lot of premium toys and good fun code.

#60 5 years ago

Bos98 is a good guy. Nice pin collection and knows how to take care of them. Trades? Hmmm?

#61 5 years ago

damn! and this one even comes with legs!

#62 5 years ago

i have a mint one, not a scratch on it, and i would be happy as hell to sell it for anything over 5k.

#63 5 years ago

Guys I appreciate the feedback.

I do indeed have 2 cash offers requiring shipping to California. 1 trade offer that may be coming together somewhat more local in Michigan and another trade for a TSPP with some mods also in California needing cross shipping.

I rather not ship if I don’t have to.

Additionally my Wife still likes it and for those of you who don’t know, happy wife happy life! (Although I recently bought her a WOZ and she loves that)

In regard to the comments on my post, there has been no offense taken by me here. I have posted to the Pinside market many times and creating a forum topic is nothing new to me, and I am a big boy who can handle the feedback. I have also sold plenty of games that are now selling for $800+ more than what I got for them a year ago. Pinside is not the end all be all for current market valuations.

Did I list the game high? Sure I did.
Can you blame a guy for testing the waters on what has been an insane year+ of the market spiking? No, I don’t think you can. However I also marked it OBO and have been fielding many offers so clearly there is interest. People generally seem to like to negotiate and I have provided that opportunity to anyone who wants to own a Minty Pirates. I’d prefer to trade as I like the interaction with other pinheads. I have conducted business with countless members of the Ohio/Cleveland pinball scene. My car dealership sponsors the CLE•PIN show. I also bring personal machines to the show I have taken the time to restore.

So in synopsis:

If you’re local and you want it let me know what you have to trade or make a reasonable cash offer. Who knows maybe we will end up putting a deal together on other games we own and this is just the conversation starter.

Peace and Pinball to All!

#64 5 years ago

E8DF13B0-15E5-416D-B6EF-6BD165927732 (resized).jpegE8DF13B0-15E5-416D-B6EF-6BD165927732 (resized).jpeg

#65 5 years ago

Being you own a car dealership i can understand your starting price, but you might do yourself a favor and check Pinside Archive estimated price first. I myself would have started at $5,500, also you could hang on to it for a few years and it may go up in value.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Being you own a car dealership i can understand your starting price, but you might do yourself a favor and check Pinside Archive estimated price first. I myself would have started at $5,500, also you could hang on to it for a few years and it may go up in value.

Good grief. BS comment. I would take one of the $6k offers, make a pinside donation and post the screenshot of buyer PMs just to show you may have left $500 on the table (at your highest price). OP has something fairly unique that some unique collectors will value. Just takes one guy.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Lol. I don’t own the dealership I just manage it.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Lol. I don’t own the dealership I just manage it.

We need some of those used car dealership memes up in here.

#69 5 years ago

To the potential buyers out there where the OP may not want to ship to CA or where ever.

I have a HUO mint - what I would call perfect with many features like all LEDs, cliffys, movie characters, etc.

First one to PM me with a $6k offer (& pays-arranges their own shipping) - it is yours! I will send you all the pictures you need.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-partial-restore/page/3#post-3847823

Hey look UpVoters - haha - just saying I will take $6k if those buyers are out there baby!

Added over 6 years ago:

No offers yet for $6k....still waiting.

Added over 6 years ago:

Still waiting for the $6k buyer? Bueller...Bueller - hello??

Added over 6 years ago:

OK, no people out there for $6k?? Alright I am coming down to $5.8k. Still willing to ship, Bueller.

Added over 6 years ago:

Where are those pinsiders that want a Mint machine??? I am willing to ship for the price above. I am beginning to think you are NOT out there!!!!!!!!!!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

To the potential buyers out there where the OP may not want to ship to CA or where ever.
I have a HUO mint - what I would call perfect with many features like all LEDs, cliffys, movie characters, etc.
First one to PM me with a $6k offer (& pays-arranges their own shipping) - it is yours! I will send you all the pictures you need.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-partial-restore/page/3#post-3847823
Hey look UpVoters - haha - just saying I will take $6k if those buyers are out there baby!

More power to you if you want to ship. There are indeed 2 guys whom I am sure will contact you.

Trade pending the negotiation of terms on this POTC.

#71 5 years ago

Sale pending if trade falls through.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I saw plenty of comments knocking the pin. I'm a big fan of the pin. I don't see what there is to knock. Maybe it's the Flow Hoes knocking it. Those guys can't handle stop-and-go pins and ramps that don't return to the flippers.

Since it's sale pending now I'll answer this comment.

It has nothing to do with the stop and go or the shots of the game. It's all about the rules, at least to me.

The Skill shot is OK but the (think it's called) super duper skill shot is way to lopsided for something that is more luck than skill. The actual skill shot is very skilled but getting it to go into the other lane is just luck and WAY to valuable. The "Max jackpot" feature is to lopsided for my liking as well. You can play forever and never catch up to someone whom just had an OK MB with that running if you missed your opportunity. Their's more but this is all I feel to get into here.

Those just playing the game for fun I'm sure enjoy it as it's a fun pin but those that approach it more from a competitive aspect don't enjoy the exploits in it. People want to feel like they have a chance to catch up but if you've already missed out on max jackpots then your just about SOL. I only get to play one in league or tournaments but honestly, I think that is why POTC doesn't get more love than it does.

Again, not a bad game but the rules kind of let it down from where it really could be as a pin. I'd love to see a VE of it with another rules pass and polish. Could really turn the corner on the game for me (and others).

#73 5 years ago

Bos98 will you be sharing the final details after machine is with new owner. I for one am curious as to the deal, price wise or trade and cash. Just nosey is all, if you don't want that info out there that's ok too.
-Mike

#74 5 years ago

Mike I imagine you have your own spreadsheet with final sale numbers as you usually ask this question of sellers. Will your research be published? Haha

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mike I imagine you have your own spreadsheet with final sale numbers as you usually ask this question of sellers. Will your research be published? Haha

Only on the unique finds
-Mike

#76 5 years ago

Assuming the trade deal finalizes and the other party doesn’t mind I would have no issue sharing the details with the forum.

I will be out of town for a few days on business and if the trade goes through it will be a bit before we each have time to do a 4 hour round trip to meet in the middle for the swap so don’t start spinning conspiracy theories if there isn’t anything posted for a week or two!

#77 5 years ago

Trade fell through.

Still looking for a local trade but to appease the price police I will bring it down to $5900 cash.

#78 5 years ago

Great seller and beautiful game

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I have had multiple cash offers at $6k since listing it

Hmmmm...

Something does not compute...

Quoted from Bos98:

Trade fell through.
Still looking for a local trade but to appease the price police I will bring it down to $5900 cash.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hmmmm...
Something does not compute...

What doesn’t compute? Had a potential trade for a LOTR. Other party was also interested in a nice RBION plus cash.

He went that route. I don’t want to ship the game and both cash offers that I would have accepted at $6K require shipping.

I lowered the price on the ad to just under those offers to try and avoid shipping and sell local.

I have a local Pinsider whom I have done business with previously coming to look at the game at 10am today.

I love how everyone has some sort of speculation as to what is going on without any or complete information.

Again as I mentioned before, I listed the game high, that is my prerogative. I am also willing to entertain reasonable offers, which I have been doing.

If you don’t like it that is fine and you are entitled to your opinion, that’s what make this community great. (Usually).

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

??? Why???
If you have multiple offers of 6k, then take any one of them and go buy a NIB game of your choice plus pocket the 600-1000 extra from buying a cheaper game on your own rather than trading.

Exactly. Unless the 6k offers are not true!!

#82 5 years ago

If you think the price is too high, ignore the ad. If you think the seller is dishonest, ignore the ad. It's easy to do and cheaper than medication.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

If you think the price is too high, ignore the ad. If you think the seller is dishonest, ignore the ad. It's easy to do and cheaper than medication.

Exactly!!

#84 5 years ago

Guys,

Everyone needs to relax. As stated above: if you don’t like the price don’t buy the game. If you are butt hurt because I may get more for this POTC than you got for yours, that’s life. If you think I am a liar and dishonest I will gladly direct you to numerous pinsiders with whom I have sold to or bought from.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/bos98/feedback

Price policing is tolerable, but to assume I am dishonest without any information makes my blood boil.

If you are so concerned with this game and what it trades/sells for that you can’t handle any of the above I would be willing to share any of the communications I have had with multiple pinsiders about this game and their offers in a private message with names redacted. What someone is willing to pay is really no ones business. There are many factors that go in to a purchase that the “market price” doesn’t take in to consideration such as emotional connection to something.

So again please relax, the conspiracy nuts are 10x worse than the price police.

If you have a problem with me shoot me a PM. I’d be glad to discuss the situation with you.

Thanks to everyone else who have helped keep this thread active with eyes on the game.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

What doesn’t compute?

you have had multiple offers of 6k, but are unwilling to ship... That makes zero sense.

If someone is willing to pay you top dollar, it is really easy to ship.

Tell them to call NAVL and set it up. You wont have to do a damn thing beside meet a shipper to pick it up. They wrap, they lift, they do it all; 100%.
It really is that easy. Tell the buyer that you require check and for it to clear 100% before you are willing to ship. Tell them the game is as-is condition and any issues in shipping or when they get the game are on them.

I have shipped and received probably 15 plus games over the years and shipping on the buyers dime is really as easy as it gets, esp if they are top dollar buyer at 6k. When I am shipping out a game, the shipper usually calls me to set up a time to stop over after $ have cleared. I tell them a few days I can be available and specify that they put in the driver notes "must contact 30min prior to arrival via cell # ..." Then I just know to answer and drive home form work to meet the shipper on that day.

Worried about damage? dont...
that is what insurance is for. Take lots of pics, take pics when they are wrapping the game, take pics of the game on the truck with the shipper.

All set.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you have had multiple offers of 6k, but are unwilling to ship... That makes zero sense.
Tell them to call NAVL and set it up. You wont have to do a damn thing beside meet a shipper to pick it up. They wrap, they lift, they do it all; 100%.
It really is that easy. Tell the buyer that you require check and for it to clear 100% before you are willing to ship. Tell them the game is as-is condition and any issues in shipping or when they get the game are on them.
I have shipped and received probably 15 plus games over the years and shipping on the buyers dime is really as easy as it gets, esp if they are top dollar buyer at 6k. When I am shipping out a game, the shipper usually calls me to set up a time to stop over after $ have cleared. I tell them a few days I can be available and specify that they put in the driver notes "must contact 30min prior to arrival via cell # ..." Then I just know to answer and drive home form work to meet the shipper on that day.
that is what insurance is for. Take lots of pics, take pics when they are wrapping the game, take pics of the game on the truck with the shipper.
All set.

I am glad you have had excellent experiences shipping games.

I, on the other hand, have not.

Your willingness to ship has no real correlation here as it isn’t your game to sell and considering I would prefer a trade, local is the way I am trying to go.

Thanks for your insight in to the world of why shipping is easy though!

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

If you are so concerned with this game and what it trades/sells for that you can’t handle any of the above I would be willing to share any of the communications I have had with multiple pinsiders about this game and their offers in a private message with names redacted.

No need to go to that level, but you must admit that this machine with such low plays is intriguing. GLWTS
-Mike

#88 5 years ago

That phrase always strengthens an internet debate

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I don’t want to ship the game and both cash offers that I would have accepted at $6K require shipping.

Hey, Bos98 good luck with your sale.

Can you PM me the people in CA that want to buy, I am willing to ship and have a low play, MINT Pirates.

Thx

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hey, Bos98 good luck with your sale.
Can you PM me the people in CA that want to buy, I am willing to ship and have a low play, MINT Pirates.
Thx

Why not just create an ad? I am sure they will contact you just like they did me.

#92 5 years ago

LoL

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Why not just create an ad? I am sure they will contact you just like they did me.

If you have the names, I am willing to pay pinside their commission.

#94 5 years ago

The two 6k offers in California were from George Glass and Maxwell Hauser. Not to mention the numerous 6k+ offers from people in the Niagara Falls region.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The two 6k offers in California were from George Glass and Maxwell Hauser. Not to mention the numerous 6k+ offers from people in the Niagara Falls region.

Have them PM me for an awesome shape POTC - they will not be disappointed.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Would you like us to wrap it and strap it to a pallet too? Maybe we can set up the shipping too. We don't want the transaction to be any bother for you.
-Mike

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Would you like us to wrap it and strap it to a pallet too? Maybe we can set up the shipping too. We don't want the transaction to be any bother for you.
-Mike

If you don’t mind.

I would even give you a bottle of water for your troubles if I get $6k!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All set.

Exactly what I am willing to do! I just need those $6k buyers to reach out in CA!

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Help a brother out, what happened to all the pinsider love.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Guys,
Everyone needs to relax. As stated above: if you don’t like the price don’t buy the game. If you are butt hurt because I may get more for this POTC than you got for yours, that’s life. If you think I am a liar and dishonest I will gladly direct you to numerous pinsiders with whom I have sold to or bought from.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/bos98/feedback
Price policing is tolerable, but to assume I am dishonest without any information makes my blood boil.
If you are so concerned with this game and what it trades/sells for that you can’t handle any of the above I would be willing to share any of the communications I have had with multiple pinsiders about this game and their offers in a private message with names redacted. What someone is willing to pay is really no ones business. There are many factors that go in to a purchase that the “market price” doesn’t take in to consideration such as emotional connection to something.
So again please relax, the conspiracy nuts are 10x worse than the price police.
If you have a problem with me shoot me a PM. I’d be glad to discuss the situation with you.
Thanks to everyone else who have helped keep this thread active with eyes on the game.

You lost me when you said "butt Hurt". I don't know any guy who goes around saying "butt hurt".
I think these are the same people that go around calling their basements "man caves". Lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 218.00
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/63-plays-only-doc-huo-pirates-of-the-caribbean/page/2?hl=schamattack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.