• Latest reply 2 years ago by Bax1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
57A5AA3F-0D52-4CEC-B4F4-8BB31C534FBB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

So I have a 6264 nvram and want to put it in my Cyclone. Do I need to change any jumpers to make it work? Is this the right one for Cyclone?

#3 3 years ago

Cool. Thank you for the link

#7 3 years ago

Ok so here is my board. I’m assuming this is the model number? The Nvram goes in u25 correct? While I was under the hood I checked the voltages on the board. The test points on mpu was 4.91. I should probably rebuild the power supply correct?

#8 3 years ago

Would help if I posted the pic. So if nvram goes in u25, where is the jumper that needs to be switched?

57A5AA3F-0D52-4CEC-B4F4-8BB31C534FBB (resized).jpeg57A5AA3F-0D52-4CEC-B4F4-8BB31C534FBB (resized).jpeg
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes, it is U25. Personally, I would go with 6116 since it does not require a jumper change. Of course, I would say that since I have both on hand at all times.
[quoted image]

I only have the 6264 so looks like when I replace u25 the jumper below just needs to be moved over correct? Sometimes I get a u25 ram failure on boot up so hoping this will cure it

#12 3 years ago

Technically, a good 5v is between 4.75 to 5.25v. I would still replace the capacitors on the power supply. Electrolytic capacitors only have a certain lifespan and many of the smaller capacitors are at the age now that they are leaking and sometimes even damaging the pads under the part. Just because you replace the capacitors, does not necessarily mean you will raise your 4.91v. New capacitors will keep from having some intermittent issues.

Ok cool. I will order up a kit

#14 3 years ago

Yes, U25 and that one jumper change, just as it shows on the post. It should fix it. Problem is that C30 (axial 22uf 10v) on the MPU sometimes causes similar fault. I definitely would try the NVRAM first.
Becareful. The pads and traces can be easily damaged.

Right on. Appreciate the help. May get to it later today or tomorrow. Will post results. Gotta make sure I have the right socket too

#16 3 years ago

After removing the old RAM, I like to take a picture and zoom in on the top side of the board to he sure I did not damage anything.

good call thank you for the tip. Do you cut the rams legs or just desolder? I do have a hakko

#18 3 years ago

I normally cut the legs close to the body as I can so it makes it easy to heat the pins and lift the pin from the board. If you use the Hakko, don't put pressure on the board when heating/sucking solder out.
I had already installed over 200 NVRAM for myself and others around town as I do other game repairs for people as time allows.

Cool thank you. I’ll go with the cutting the legs approach

1 week later
#19 3 years ago

Put the Nvram in yesterday and the game is alive again!!! U25 was bad. Took a couple times turning it off and on to get to factory settings but she all good now!!! Thanks for the help

#20 3 years ago

Ok something is wrong. Turned the game on get a buzzing noise and no boot. Turn it off and on it boots but then start rebooting intermittently. Try to start a game and it reboots. Turned it off and on and have left it on for a few and hasn’t rebooted again. Didn’t start a game yet. Played great last night

#22 3 years ago

Mpu is giving me 4.95v there are 3 test points on the power supply. What are they supposed to be?

#23 3 years ago

So I left the game on this evening since it wasn’t rebooting at the time then cooked dinner. Hour later I go have a few games on it no problem. Turn it off and 30 mins later back to rebooting once you hit start button

#24 3 years ago

Ok so checked voltages on power supply
+5 was 4.99
+12 was 9.8
-12 was -13.8

I ordered a cap kit. Anything else I may need?

#26 3 years ago

Cool hopefully I’ll get it this weekend. Do you know the value of c30?

#28 3 years ago

Cool thank you for the help. Will report back when it’s complete

#29 3 years ago

Parts came in today. Changed out power supply and c30 on mpu. 12v still showing 9.8v but not resetting. Before hooked it up to mpu it was 10.8v Any thoughts or leave it since it’s not resetting

#31 3 years ago

Did not replace the bridge and will check connectors from transformer to power supply

#33 3 years ago

Just reseated connectors at transformer and get the same. Now the sound went down to barely nothing.

#35 3 years ago

Your low 12v likely has something to do with that.

I’ll test the bridge tomorrow and see if it’s that.

#36 3 years ago

So bridge tests good. Sound is only coming from tiny right speaker. Sound stopped after reseating the two connectors by transformer

#38 3 years ago

Still same 9.8 when hooked up to mpu

#40 3 years ago

Cool. Will check it out in the morning
What could be causing the 12v to draw down low?

#41 3 years ago

got the sound figured out. there was a connector that must have been wedge on the playfield when I lifted it, it yanked it. now to figure out the 12v. showing 10.22v today.

#43 3 years ago

yes sir. all were at .48x

10 months later
#45 2 years ago

yes, my mistake for not coming back to the thread. The intermittent resets and low voltage was the socket for the can transistor on the large heat sink. transistor was good but the socket went bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bax1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6264-nvram-for-system-11?tu=bax1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.