Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinballManiac40
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ramloc_williamssys9 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

I am about to install a 6116 NVRAM chip by pinitech into my sorcerer. I don't have an issue pulling out the old chip and installing a socket. I am an electrical engineer and do repairs on electronics all the time. My question is, which way does the NVRAM chip go into a system 9 board? What happens if you accidentally put it in backwards? It may be a stupid question, but I would rather put it in right the first time.

#2 11 months ago

I think I figured it out, the cut slot in the chip must match the picture below. Just confusing since the system 9 board is upside down in the cabinet.

ramloc_williamssys9 (resized).jpg
#3 11 months ago
Quoted from kalegarner:

I am about to install a 6116 NVRAM chip by pinitech into my sorcerer. I don't have an issue pulling out the old chip and installing a socket. I am an electrical engineer and do repairs on electronics all the time. My question is, which way does the NVRAM chip go into a system 9 board? What happens if you accidentally put it in backwards? It may be a stupid question, but I would rather put it in right the first time.

There should be a notch on the old chip. Install the notch on the socket on the same side. Electrical engineer you say? Haha

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There should be a notch on the old chip. Install the notch on the socket on the same side. Electrical engineer you say? Haha

Yeah, I didn't see the notch. Now I feel stupid.

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from kalegarner:

Yeah, I didn't see the notch. Now I feel stupid.

Happy to help. Good luck with the install. Use a good vacuum type solder sucker to get the chip out.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from kalegarner:

Yeah, I didn't see the notch.

Just time for some 5x glasses. I have a couple of pair and they are great for replacing parts on boards.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 689.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 17.00
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside