Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0793 (resized).JPG
IMG_0787 (resized).JPG
IMG_0784 (resized).JPG
IMG_20161231_113513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161231_113543 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I acquired a Showboat almost a year ago and got it operational thanks to a lot of help from you all. All is working play field
cleaned up decent.

My original intent was to keep the nostalgia of the cabinet being somewhat beat and scratched, however the coin door and legs were bothering me being somewhat rusted.

I started cleaning them up and although it to late should I have left them as is to go with the "patina" of the machine?

Pic isn't great but I will post. Left is not done at all. Just started on right side. Went from almost all dirt/rust to almost a mirror finish in spots.

Still a long way to go but getting there.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Ken! I don't have the skills to completely repaint the cabinet and my wife likes the well used look however I plan on cleaning up the legs and taking trim out and cleaning it up also.

Was just worried nice shiny legs and the rest of the cleaned up metal would look odd on an older well used machine.

3 weeks later
#9 7 years ago

Been a busy week so sorry for the late replays.

Mike don't part out your Showboat if it is mostly complete except for the backglass, I am sure someone would take it off your hands. I gues I am a little sentimental though because it was my first machine, but it was the one that got me back into the hobby. Maybe offer it up to someone for a good deal and get someone else back into pinball?

Ultimately if you do part it I would like to talk. I need a few small parts for min to get it looking good. If you were not 3000 miles away I would come get yours and make a really nice one out of two.

Dasvis, thanks for the tip on the Evaporust! Was amazed how it worked. I just did the coin return chute on my

showboat and it almost looks new again! Can't wait to see if the legs will come out as good.

Electocurt, as for modifying the flippers, I can see why people do it but for now it is staying "stock" I think I kinda adds a little challenge to the game. It does make you fell like a 10 year old just learning to play for the first time.

And Ken thanks for the comments. I am FAR from a wood worker or painter so I thought a decent solid cabinet is better than me hacking it up and trying to repaint it. Maybe the next generation to get the machine can do it.

Thanks for all of the help everyone!

#11 7 years ago

Wow, no real update to the thread other than I just reread my last message it it was filled with horrible grammar.

Sorry I was incredibly tired and also on my iPhone so didn't have a real keyboard!

However a quick befor and after for the return coin chute from a few hours in the Evaporust.

Thanks again for any input/help!

IMG_0784 (resized).JPGIMG_0784 (resized).JPG

IMG_0787 (resized).JPGIMG_0787 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

Going to soak it for a few more hours and hit it with some polish. Will do a final update soon.

#15 7 years ago

I agree with Boatcat. I see the flipper modifications mention a lot, but it looks like quite a bit of work, which I am fine with, but still enjoying the anomaly of the game!

Also a question does anyone know why this would have been done on Showboat?

Wires were soldered together but not to the light circuit for the passive bumper?

They are just touching. Weird!

Maybe hard to see, let me know.

IMG_0793 (resized).JPGIMG_0793 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/61-showboat-did-i-screw-up?tu=Bull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.