(Topic ID: 40946)

$6000 to play with (+/-)... Need a little help !!!

By Beez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you could pick”

• Iron Man 7 votes
    6%
  • Spider-Man 21 votes
    19%
  • Tron LE 15 votes
    14%
  • LOTR 30 votes
    28%
  • Avengers LE 8 votes
    7%
  • Other .... Please make suggestion below 27 votes
    25%

(108 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

AC/DC if just getting one, but as others have said you could have more than one for the money if you wanted. Example: I just sold my scared stiff, Judge dredd and last action hero this week. The price was close to price range.

#52 11 years ago

They are many great pins for $2-3k range. If you make the right purchases, you can easily turn that $6K to $7K. If you buy a NIB, most likely the value will drop a little when your ready to sell.

#53 11 years ago

Yeah, make a Zizzle Farm!

#54 11 years ago

I was about to vote for avengers LE out of the gate. But avengers and TFLE can both have long ball times but both can get deep and intense. Then I thought ACDC would be good cause of the short ball times, but its a fan layout just like TFLE. So those 2 don't go together very well. I honestly think tron compliments TFLE the best. Next would probably be avengers because its such a cool game. I like IM a lot, but not in a HUO environment because of its poor build quality. Hope that helps

#55 11 years ago

All of your listed games are awesome;however, AC/DC prem is my favorite... You don't have to be a major fan to really enjoy the energy it brings to the room. Plenty of song choices and nice verbal shouts and verbal abuse when earned Wife, kids, and visitors all have a blast cranking it up and unwinding for awhile.

That being said I would be happy to own all of the above - except IM b/c I have no experience with that machine.

#56 11 years ago

Think get a good used LOTR and a fish Tales or High speed 2

#57 11 years ago

Tron Pro and pimp it.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I like IM a lot, but not in a HUO environment because of its poor build quality.

If you're talking about the home edition, I agree. If you're talking about the Pro, you need to put down the crack pipe (or pass it back to TFA).

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

AC/DC if just getting one, but as others have said you could have more than one for the money if you wanted. Example: I just sold my Scared Stiff, Judge Dredd and Last Action Hero this week. The price was close to price range.

Really ???? $6K for those 3 titles? A nicer example of SS = 5K , JD = 1.8K, LAH = 1.5K +/-

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Then I thought ACDC would be good cause of the short ball times, but its a fan layout just like TFLE. So those 2 don't go together very well.

I think people tend to place too much emphasis on pins that have the same/similar layout in terms of saying you should have something "different". If someone tends to like fan layouts, then having pins with mostly fan layouts really isn't an issue in my opinion. Also, despite both TFLE and AC/DC being "fan layouts", they play nothing alike and have completely different feel to them.

I like pins with fan layouts. MM, AFM, AC/DC, LOTR are all pretty decent pins.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Really ???? $6K for those 3 titles? A nicer example of SS = 5K , JD = 1.8K, LAH = 1.5K +/-

It was a bit more than $6k, but I gave a discount for a package deal and was trying to be realistic as far as condition. My games were not CQ, but not turds either. It's ok to ask full/above market price, but if you are needing/wanting to sell, you have to price it right to attract buyers. I got my money back plus, because I bought them when they were cheap. I'm happy and so were the new owners.

#63 11 years ago

Isn't any 2 flipper pin a "fan layout" by definition? Yeah, I agree with RobT.

#64 11 years ago

spider man. really love the variety of shots and flow of the game.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

By strange coincidence you could be an official member of the SS Billiards Fan Club for just that same amount.
Kidding aside, have you consider an AC/DC Premium ?
I would.
LTG : )

With a little extra, you might get both (ACDC Premium and SS Billiards Fan club). No other deal can beat that...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6000-to-play-with-need-a-little-help/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.