image-194.jpg
image-607.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-758.jpg
image-627.jpg
image-328.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1394.JPG
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Win , Win , What EM game are you getting ?

Sky Jump. It'll be my first EM.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nice! Both are great games , I personally prefer spiderman but you can't go wrong with either .

I'd rather have SM, but I'm being outvoted 3-1. Of course, it depends on which one I find first and for less $$$.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Add a little more and buy a NIB Mustang LE and don't look back.... no regrets!

When he loses $500-1000 instantly by opening the box on a fun but decidedly mediocre game that seems to be losing value daily he might suddenly have some regrets.

Terrible advice.

Go used and buy 2-3 high quality Williams 90s games and you'll be way ahead of the game.

Not having to worry about losing money is key. Those game Have passed the test of time AND the market.

#103 9 years ago

You should buy a time machine and go back in time and buy 5 used games.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When he loses $500-1000 instantly by opening the box on a fun but decidedly mediocre game that seems to be losing value daily he might suddenly have some regrets.
Terrible advice.
Go used and buy 2-3 high quality Williams 90s games and you'll be way ahead of the game.
Not having to worry about losing money is key. Those game Have passed the test of time AND the market.

"Mediocre game?" I don't think so.

"Not having to worry about losing money is key?" There is a certain cost to fun, that's subjective.

Will have to agree to disagree... And as for those "high quality" 90s games, I had almost all of them and have sold them all off to get the most recent Stern titles. With Stern's latest titles, I just had had my fill of those "fun and beloved" 90s titles. WH20 - gone. TZ - gone. STTNG - gone. etc... I still have FT, which I do love, but everything just seems dated (and has 20 year electronics at this point)? Does this person know how to fix his 20 year old game when it breaks down?

#105 9 years ago

IF you gave me $6000, here is what I would do with it at this moment:

Whirlwind
Getaway or No Fear
WPT or Monopoly

#106 9 years ago

What did you decide??

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What did you decide??

I'm still deciding. I'm leaning heavily towards buying multiple older pins and stretching my budget. I have my eye on a HS now, but the seller is way off on price. He will have to come down about $1500.

#108 9 years ago

If the poll had two pins for your range That's what I'd do. One really nice one would be cool, but not as cool as two.

#109 9 years ago

For a majority of the titles being mentioned here, west-coast pinsiders will need an extra $1000-$2000, please.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

I'm still deciding. I'm leaning heavily towards buying multiple older pins and stretching my budget. I have my eye on a HS now, but the seller is way off on price. He will have to come down about $1500.

HS2 is better. IMHO There are a lot of them out there and they are only a little more than HS.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

HS2 is better. IMHO There are a lot of them out there and they are only a little more than HS.

Absolutely. The original HS is a classic. No doubt. But, it's just too overpriced most of the time. It's a $1,500 game in really nice shape. Saw one sold at the Allentown Show two years ago for $1,500 asking price with blah looking mylar and someone bought it. Stop it! Stop overpaying for these project games! What's wrong with you?

#112 9 years ago

Get a used MET Pro for ~ $4k and a decent Gorgar, Firepower, or Sorcerer for ~ $1500.

#113 9 years ago

Met Pro and T3 is what I would do. (But those would've cost me 6100.)

Alternatively, a nice TSPP and WPT would be around 6K... another all Stern choice though

SST, EBD, High Speed, and Class of 1812 would be in that budget as well... 4 diff manufacturers and era's of game there

You could drive to Cincinnati and buy my Centaur + Hollywood Heat and still have lots of money left over to buy a Stern...

#114 9 years ago

For what its worth if you would have taken my advice and bought the 60 shares of Alibaba two weeks ago you would be up about $900 as of 2pm today.

#115 9 years ago

Shadow 2800.00?
Whirlwind 2200.00?
Firepower 1000.00?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'd get an AC/DC Premium

Or a Luci!!!!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

If you had a roughly $6000 budget, what would you prefer, to purchase one NIB pin or three older quality pins of your choice? Games like JM, T2 and Gorgar just to name a few. Trying to figure out what's the best way to go with my budget. I would like to get the best value for my budget.
Thanks in advance.

Tron pro with shaker and Eli's kit. I know you have some remaining love of Tron and McP. It's a great game too.

A second choice would be a AC/DC premium, lot less headache buying something newer (usually).

#118 9 years ago

I have begun going down the multiple pin route. My first purchase is A T3 for $2300.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-328.jpgimage-328.jpg image-627.jpgimage-627.jpg image-758.jpgimage-758.jpg image-901.jpgimage-901.jpg image-607.jpgimage-607.jpg image-194.jpgimage-194.jpg image-238.jpgimage-238.jpg image-158.jpgimage-158.jpg
#119 9 years ago

Sttng and a whirlwind

#120 9 years ago

I would get two quality used games if possible and if there is any cash left, use it for upgrades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6000-budget-what-would-you-do/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.