• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE432E00-C0F3-4BC3-833E-B2694442FC83 (resized).jpeg
DFF2177E-2DD4-45E1-A2FD-8C8D3ACFB070 (resized).jpeg
Ford LTD (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I don't mind this thinking if they just get rid of (2) letters...LE...then we all good. Make all 3 then.
The concept of LE doesn't register in some people brains..(missing a gene)

Everything is limited in a way; only so much matter in the universe to make junk out of after all. Every game that has ever been produced, and every game that will be produced will be done in some sort of finite quantity.

This "fake" LE nonsense is like those stupid collector plates and every other collector's market that is going full tilt. It is limited to how many they think they can sell, period.

Stern decided upping this number would hurt their reputation less than the extra money they will make by pumping out a hundred extra "limited" games after announcing the initial number. They have done it before, they will do it again. Not even really news at this point. With people lining up to get into this exclusive LE club, why wouldn't they?

#31 5 years ago

People have accepted this as your example shows. And as previously discussed they will keep doing the fake LE thing as it just plain works in terms of getting people to spend money NOW as they get FOMO and a bit greedy themselves sometimes.

Quoted from billyboy:

I think it's wrong. Plain and simple.
Yes, I understand that Stern can do what they want, but people are paying a premium for the LE and commit early with distributors. The lower the number of production, the quicker that a buyer commits. There aren't many industries where people are buying 7-9k items without actually seeing them (Ghostbusters, Iron Maiden), but this is happening!
The Batman 66 SLE (30 units to 80 units) was a great example of this. Total cash grab.
If people accept this, then you can expect to see it repeated down the road. Also, if this is the case, then they should eliminate the LE and just do the Pro and Premium levels.
IMO

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The truth is I really don’t care.
In the grand scheme of things it’s not a huge deal to me. But it should be to Stern. It’s their F ing business they are bastardizing slowly. I guess if they don’t care why should I?

I think it should be pretty clear, but in case stating the obvious helps, Stern doesn't care BECAUSE you (the buyers) don't care. I don't care as I am not a NIB buyer for this game (or any other game yet ; I do appreciate you guys feeding me used games now and then though...).

Quoted from iceman44:

Also, 500 isn’t really “limited” either
Over time (see current sales of BSM recently or inability to sell), ALL games will settle down into the $5500-$6000 sweet spot of top notch used games with a few exceptions of truly limited great games. Not talking restored.

This feels true; if someone took the time to type out ever modern Stern, there are a lot of great games, and some games that are just "eh". Some of the "less good" games are way more rare than the greats (CSI/24 vs. LoTR/SW). If I only had one slot to fill in my collection I would get the better game over the "poor but rare game" and I have a 9 game collection....

And 100% agree that 500 is not really that limited in this market...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/600-munster-les-does-it-matter?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.