• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE432E00-C0F3-4BC3-833E-B2694442FC83 (resized).jpeg
DFF2177E-2DD4-45E1-A2FD-8C8D3ACFB070 (resized).jpeg
Ford LTD (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sorry folks, didn’t realize and was on Sterns site getting some buy in from spouse - just saw it.

no worries....just saw it myself tonight...drained the hype thread and another one, thinking the "1313 mockingbird lane" club thread would stick....

in for an LE..just means 100 more can get one, they'll still sell out and be tough to get down the road, I suspect....doesn't affect me either way as one is coming my way....beautiful machine!!!

#37 5 years ago

The day they cross the line and make Vault's from LE's is when the LE becomes virtually worthless. Maybe it's crossed someday, maybe not.

Whatever....I bought MunstersLE as it was the most appealing to me, and had all the features I wanted (side armor/ pinblades/ shaker/ real translite/ anti glare glass/ COLOR). This LE has alot of adds over the premium, IMHO.

They're still only making 600 of them...better than the LE's "x" of 1000, I suppose.....the extra 100 will sell (probably quick), and we can move on, enjoying the game.

Would be considerate of the company to let the distro's in the loop before the podcasters, however, IMHO...they are the ones trying to make a living off selling these games. Hype is one thing, but this is common business courtesy....oh well...it's pinball

(kind of crazy they only made 240 BM66LE's, w half going overseas, as a side note)....

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Exactly. When Stern sees people flipping LE's for $1000 or $2000 more or LE's selling out in minutes, that tells them they are leaving money on the table. Everyone can cancel their LE orders or decide not to buy whatever pin Stern is selling. People gladly giving money to Stern and then calling Stern 'greedy' for that is ridiculous. Nobody needs a pin. You approve of Stern's business decisions with your money.

sort of sums it up.....

#57 5 years ago

Very nice to see Stern push the LE envelope a bit by adding a lot of extras to this model, beyond basic art change. There is real $$$ in the adds.

I'll bet a lot of discussion went into the b&w vs. color ( premium and le)....Think it contributes significantly to differentiate, as well as allow choice for the buyer.... Can't wait for my LE!!!

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did maiden have....Art Blades, Mirrored backglass, speaker upgrade, glass, shaker?
I think it did.

Also pretty straight ahead powdered lollipop rails, unless I'm missing something....nothing really special about that.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What was added on this le that wasn't on maiden or deadpool?

badass side armor, IMHO, that fits the game very well....plus color PF only on the LE, with B&W only on Premium. They offered more separation was my only point.....

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

IMDN has side armor though didn't it?
Adding a Color PF that the pro has isn;t "adding" something above the premium I don;t think.

To replicate this LE would cost $$$ from a pro or premium standpoint. And I don't believe the side LE armor is being sold separately (yet)

you win......

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m planning on starting a National Pinaholics group.
Gonna get some outside “addiction” sponsors and set up a 1-800 hot line
A new release comes out and the Sponsor calls you right away

I'm in!!!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I'd definitely be interested in hearing about any Stern title where they did not make at least 500 or 600 premiums (for titles where a premium edition was available).

BM66LE is a major exception....240LE's (I think) with half going abroad......Looked around my room tonight...KISSLE-600, STLE- 799, TRONLE- exception (when the game itself had an extra mode and no premiums...pin community absolutely condemns any LE that would actually have gameplay features for some reason, regardless of price).

Believe BIBLE only had 200, but can't really speak to that one, as I never pursued one (and think there were other versions, as well)...

Bottom line (imho) - If they would have announced 600 from the start, they would have sold out equally fast, and no harm, no foul. They announced 500, then switched to 600, but still guessing that is all they will make of that model, and that supply has been spoken for. Financial move on there part (at least they didn't say 1000) so they still are "limited", and hasn't changed my excitement to own one of them.

Maybe not the best move from a reputation standpoint, however, they are at least offering lower-priced alts, which is more than can be said for other high priced pins.

Just looking forward to playing mine within a month....kind of all that matters to me.....resale? these damn things are getting pricey, so I doubt buying one for that purpose would be risky (although BM66LE certainly would fall into that category, if you had a "spare".... )

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I'm asking about premiums, not LE's. The post I quoted stated that his distributor said there were more LE's than premiums for most titles. That is why I asked about any game that didn't have at least 500 or 600 premiums (the normal number of LE's for most titles).

Apologies....a bourbon pinball night...focusing on getting new initials up.....(ironically, I'm having it out on an LE "139 of 500" where less than 100 of these were ever made....really pisses me that more of these couldn't get out)

#102 5 years ago

Nice review, as I respect your input (fellow BM66 pinhead)...I sadly drained that thread, as it was just too cluttered, too early....hoping the "1313 Mockingbird" Club thread gets some traction once games start to drop.

I'm in (and paid in full) on LE, actually, love Stewie's mini PF on FGY, so hoping this combo works for me, I don't mind the stop and go, and just hoping for a fun pin....thanks again....mark

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

LE’s became the plaything of the rich and famous, or at least just the rich with deep pockets and those selling plasma to fund their addiction.

Nice........I (and many others that buy LE's on occasion) fall into none of those categories.....

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This pic was from another thread.

But I want to throw out this hypothetical situation I was just thinking about.
What if 2 LE game were found to have the same duplicate number plate installed. Could stern sneak out a couple extra games this way? What’s the chances anyone would even find out; send them to different parts of the world. Stern doesn’t share serial numbers, who would ever know, unless the two owners just happened to cross paths.
If one duplicate plate was ever found would you still have faith in the whole LE numbering scheme?
[quoted image]

That " hypothetical", if intentional, is fraud. Do you really think Stern needs the extra $$$ of LE over Pro to go down that road?

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There are always caveats to any statement. That being said, he's not far off. I doubt the 85% are buying NiB pins on any regular basis.

No caveat to blanket, unkind, false statements like that. Sick of this crap...If you want the " jury to be out" on the game itself, so be it.

But to once again ( not you directly, but in every thread that turns this way) start quantifying the people that decide to buy or not is horseshit.

Personal opinions are welcomed and will always differ, but to provide "wisdom/insight" directed at a global audience? Insulting to the people that buy and don't buy these games .

Give your opinion on whether you would buy/ like a game or not, but don't speak for anyone else...No one has any idea or metric

My absolute least favorite part of Pinside, yet it thrives ( sadly)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/600-munster-les-does-it-matter?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.