• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE432E00-C0F3-4BC3-833E-B2694442FC83 (resized).jpeg
DFF2177E-2DD4-45E1-A2FD-8C8D3ACFB070 (resized).jpeg
Ford LTD (resized).jpg
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

It looks like Stern has changed Munsters LE offering from 500 to 600 units.
Does it matter?
If you are considering Munsters premium, does this impact your decision?

#2 5 years ago

No.

#3 5 years ago

I say bring em on! Make more

#4 5 years ago

This is already being talked about in at least 2 other threads.

#5 5 years ago

Just means the people who hated the black and white Prem should be able to get the color version they wanted.
I honestly think the LE is the worst model.
I think the art package for bot the Pro and Prem to be top notch. I personally think the Premium to be the better overall game and art package, but the Pro has the best playfield art. And its a shame that the center playfield image is nowhere to be seen on the prem.
That could have been a translite or cab art... But, I like the cab and translite for the prem... I do hope they'll sell the center playfield image as a print. As I'd like to buy it and hang it in my gameroom.

#6 5 years ago

Sorry folks, didn’t realize and was on Sterns site getting some buy in from spouse - just saw it. Thx

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sorry folks, didn’t realize and was on Sterns site getting some buy in from spouse - just saw it.

no worries....just saw it myself tonight...drained the hype thread and another one, thinking the "1313 mockingbird lane" club thread would stick....

in for an LE..just means 100 more can get one, they'll still sell out and be tough to get down the road, I suspect....doesn't affect me either way as one is coming my way....beautiful machine!!!

#8 5 years ago

Agree @MK6PIN, the LE is stunnng and I’m also psyched to receive this edition.
It’s cool that another 100 buyers can enjoy the beauty of this full featured model with Franchi’s amazing color pf.
I’d be surprised if they don’t sell out as well.
I still feel buyers of all editions are going to be pleased with their Munsters.

#9 5 years ago

What matters is how it is perceived as duping the general public. Why announce a set number of "limited' units to pre-sale to the public(hype) and then change the amount a week later-because you can? I think Stern should consider changing their business model with LE machines. What if they followed suit with other manufacturers and had an unlimited amount of LE's available. They could simply state LE's are 'TBD' in terms of production run numbers. Let as many people who want an LE buy one during the years the license is valid or how ever long they decide to keep in game line-ups. What would be great about this is Stern would probably sell more units in the long term, it would allow people to actually wait to play the game before getting caught up in the hype and jumping on the hype train, and it would eliminate artificial inflated pricing on the LE titles.

The whole LE hype is getting old fast-time to change things up Stern. No more limited numbers on LE machines-and the hype train will come to a screeching halt.

#10 5 years ago

For Stern LE just means more expensive.

For most titles, my distributor told me that usually there are less premium made then limited editions. So what makes an LE limited?

I can make any product and say it’s a LIMITED EDITION, but if I make as many as the market can sell, then is it really limited?

For some titles the difference between premium and LE is minimal. Just graphicsis some cases.

#11 5 years ago

I think we're Stern screwed up is in not making the LE a B&W exclusive. I think demand and values would be much higher for the LE if that were the case because it's such a unique package.

As far as 600 vs. 500 I don't think it really matters at all. With all the new games coming out I don't really see any game really ever being a true collectible. There's more than enough games to go around.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

For Stern LE just means more expensive.
For most titles, my distributor told me that usually there are less premium made then limited editions. So what makes an LE limited?
I can make any product and say it’s a LIMITED EDITION, but if I make as many as the market can sell, then is it really limited?
For some titles the difference between premium and LE is minimal. Just graphicsis some cases.

Less premiums made than LE in most titles? I find that very surprising if it’s actually true.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Does it matter?

Only matters to those who want to flip them. They would prefer if Stern reduced the number to 400 so theirs become even more limited.

Even though most deposits are non refundable I can't imagine not being able to get your refund back after a change like this and if my distributor would not then I would open a dispute with my credit card company.

#15 5 years ago

No problem at all. Doesn't matter as long as they did it long before the first LEs shipped. If you don't like it, you can back out. Stern didn't realize quite how much demand there would be for this game.

Now if they did this after the LEs had started shipping or suddenly put out an extra hundred LEs a year from now and sent out new numbered badges to the previous owners to say xxx of 600 instead of xxx of 500, that would be time to get out the torches and pitch forks.

#16 5 years ago

I just want to play it, I will say I'm not sure another hobby could get away with this as easily. Either way, as long as I get my numbers I'm happy. Congrats to the additional 100 buyers

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Less premiums made than LE in most titles? I find that very surprising if it’s actually true.

Avengers

#18 5 years ago

For what it's worth, I've had 2 distributors contact me about a Munsters LE and that was before the extra 100 LE units. I'm not a fan of the theme, but the pin looks fun. Having these many units from a pin that isn't an instant sellout signal that a 3rd party market for these pins will have prices trending down. Great for second-hand buyers, bad for NIB purchasers that like rotating pins and keeping as much value as possible when selling. If I was interested in buying it, most likely I'd be waiting a year or 2 down the line for when it hits the mid $7k region.

#19 5 years ago

make 15,000 - who cares

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

make 15,000 - who cares

I don't mind this thinking if they just get rid of (2) letters...LE...then we all good. Make all 3 then.

The concept of LE doesn't register in some people brains..(missing a gene)

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I don't mind this thinking if they just get rid of (2) letters...LE...then we all good. Make all 3 then.
The concept of LE doesn't register in some people brains..(missing a gene)

Everything is limited in a way; only so much matter in the universe to make junk out of after all. Every game that has ever been produced, and every game that will be produced will be done in some sort of finite quantity.

This "fake" LE nonsense is like those stupid collector plates and every other collector's market that is going full tilt. It is limited to how many they think they can sell, period.

Stern decided upping this number would hurt their reputation less than the extra money they will make by pumping out a hundred extra "limited" games after announcing the initial number. They have done it before, they will do it again. Not even really news at this point. With people lining up to get into this exclusive LE club, why wouldn't they?

#22 5 years ago

The fact they sold 500 in a couple days tells me they could have sold 1000 of them over the next couple months if they wanted to. The only people pissed about this are flippers and "pinvestors". I do feel anyone who had already preordered an LE between the 500 number being established and the change to 600 should be able to cancel without any loss of deposit. If the distributors are hurt by this policy, Stern should make it right with them. But I do not think any distributor is going to be stuck with LE's for long.

#23 5 years ago

no

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Everything is limited in a way; only so much matter in the universe to make junk out of after all. Every game that has ever been produced, and every game that will be produced will be done in some sort of finite quantity.
This "fake" LE nonsense is like those stupid collector plates and every other collector's market that is going full tilt. It is limited to how many they think they can sell, period.
Stern decided upping this number would hurt their reputation less than the extra money they will make by pumping out a hundred extra "limited" games after announcing the initial number. They have done it before, they will do it again. Not even really news at this point. With people lining up to get into this exclusive LE club, why wouldn't they?

I totally agree it is basically a "Marketing incentive" at the same time it to be understood it's restricted in the number produced, although in fact the number may be very low or very high.

#25 5 years ago

It appears most don't have an issue with Stern making more LE's, I certainly don't... What I do have a problem with is paying for a product which I was told is "Limited" and numbered to 500 units and then a week later hearing through the rumor mill it is going to be 600. Then waiting almost another week for Stern to confirm and not by an official statement or by my distributor but by a change yesterday to Sterns Munster LE feature matrix.

Stern you can make as many LE's as you want, just give me the correct information before I make the decision to purchase, NOT AFTER the fact...

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

It appears most don't have an issue with Stern making more LE's, I certainly don't... What I do have a problem with is paying for a product which I was told is "Limited" and numbered to 500 units and then a week later hearing through the rumor mill it is going to be 600. Then waiting almost another week for Stern to confirm and not by an official statement or by my distributor but by a change yesterday to Sterns Munster LE feature matrix.
Stern you can make as many LE's as you want, just give me the correct information before I make the decision to purchase, NOT AFTER the fact...

I think "very most" of us feel Exactly this way, and have said it over and over.
There are so many on this site that would have us looked at as flippers and selling for more money down the road.
I didn't see that hardly at all in all this bitchin'.

Well said! Blacksun

#27 5 years ago

Yes it does matter. If 500 LE's were announced and then 100 added later (even before the first one shipped) it just seems wrong. This is the Batman Super LE count debacle all over again. Stern saw that the initial 500 Munster LE's were snagged up quickly and thought "we can make a few hundred thousand more in profit by adding another 100".

Sorry but its greed.

#29 5 years ago

I have collected all the Munsters stuff for years. Lunchbox/thermos, clock, lamp, koach, board games, cards, ect small stuff.This would be the "big boy" in that collection. For me, I kinda liked the idea of buying the unit that maybe I wouldn't see everywhere.
With this collection I would hope people would see through this "flipping" mentality, and see that some of us actually collect for the love of that theme...not the $$
It ain't going anywhere.

#30 5 years ago

I think it's wrong. Plain and simple.

Yes, I understand that Stern can do what they want, but people are paying a premium for the LE and commit early with distributors. The lower the number of production, the quicker that a buyer commits. There aren't many industries where people are buying 7-9k items without actually seeing them (Ghostbusters, Iron Maiden), but this is happening!

The Batman 66 SLE (30 units to 80 units) was a great example of this. Total cash grab.

If people accept this, then you can expect to see it repeated down the road. Also, if this is the case, then they should eliminate the LE and just do the Pro and Premium levels.

IMO

#31 5 years ago

People have accepted this as your example shows. And as previously discussed they will keep doing the fake LE thing as it just plain works in terms of getting people to spend money NOW as they get FOMO and a bit greedy themselves sometimes.

Quoted from billyboy:

Yes, I understand that Stern can do what they want, but people are paying a premium for the LE and commit early with distributors. The lower the number of production, the quicker that a buyer commits. There aren't many industries where people are buying 7-9k items without actually seeing them (Ghostbusters, Iron Maiden), but this is happening!
The Batman 66 SLE (30 units to 80 units) was a great example of this. Total cash grab.
If people accept this, then you can expect to see it repeated down the road. Also, if this is the case, then they should eliminate the LE and just do the Pro and Premium levels.
IMO

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

IMO

Make as many LEs as you want and charge the same amount as the premium. You can keep the autograph, plaque and piece of paper

There you go. Problem solved

#33 5 years ago

Whether anyone agrees or disagrees with this is irrelevant.

The simple fact is that this works for Stern.

Instead of selling 500 LE, they now sell 600.

Instead of 30 BM66SLE, they sell 80.

People say 'that's it, I am done with Stern'.

Until James Bond LE is shown and it's 'take my money now'

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I think "very most" of us feel Exactly this way, and have said it over and over.
There are so many on this site that would have us looked at as flippers and selling for more money down the road.
I didn't see that hardly at all in all this bitchin'.
Well said! blacksun

Thanks, I'm not looking to flip this machine or any for that matter. I don't have time for that crap, I don't even have time to play what I have....
In fact I haven't sold any of my NIB purchases... I have my Tron LE, which I bought second had up atm but selling at a loss from what I paid for the machine and all the mods actually!!!

I just feel what is happening currently with the Munsters LE increase is deceptive and it really has turned me off. I have had this same exact thing happen with other purchases of "Limited Editions" of art and it has stopped me from collecting from those companies.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Exactly. When Stern sees people flipping LE's for $1000 or $2000 more or LE's selling out in minutes, that tells them they are leaving money on the table. Everyone can cancel their LE orders or decide not to buy whatever pin Stern is selling. People gladly giving money to Stern and then calling Stern 'greedy' for that is ridiculous. Nobody needs a pin. You approve of Stern's business decisions with your money.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Exactly. When Stern sees people flipping LE's for $1000 or $2000 more or LE's selling out in minutes, that tells them they are leaving money on the table. Everyone can cancel their LE orders or decide not to buy whatever pin Stern is selling. People gladly giving money to Stern and then calling Stern 'greedy' for that is ridiculous. Nobody needs a pin. You approve of Stern's business decisions with your money.

Stern has seen people flipping pins for thousands of dollars for years. If this was the case, then they should of started with 600 LE from the very beginning.

I believe, they didn’t anticipate the large demand, so they made a decision to add 100 additional machines.

I agree with Doug. Eliminate the LE, and give only two options, pro and premium.

#37 5 years ago

The day they cross the line and make Vault's from LE's is when the LE becomes virtually worthless. Maybe it's crossed someday, maybe not.

Whatever....I bought MunstersLE as it was the most appealing to me, and had all the features I wanted (side armor/ pinblades/ shaker/ real translite/ anti glare glass/ COLOR). This LE has alot of adds over the premium, IMHO.

They're still only making 600 of them...better than the LE's "x" of 1000, I suppose.....the extra 100 will sell (probably quick), and we can move on, enjoying the game.

Would be considerate of the company to let the distro's in the loop before the podcasters, however, IMHO...they are the ones trying to make a living off selling these games. Hype is one thing, but this is common business courtesy....oh well...it's pinball

(kind of crazy they only made 240 BM66LE's, w half going overseas, as a side note)....

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

sort of sums it up.....

#39 5 years ago

If people are fighting over spending 8000 + on a pinball machine, then stern needs to increase prices as people have way to much money to spend on. Game.

#40 5 years ago

I think it's fine. I don't think that being limited has as much to do with anything as what you get. I mean STLE was a big run like 799 but still was able to get my money back after 4 years. XMLE was a small run and I lost my shirt.

I hope everyone is happy, if they wanted an LE it's nice they get a second chance. Almost like Stern should build 799 but it's not effecting me so I don't care.

If I do get a Munsters, I will probably get a pro or a premium depending on the lower PF.

I love Borg pros pins, TWD, Met, Tron so probably will love the pro, but I also love extra stuff so the premium has an appeal. I don't really love the LE artwork anyway.

#41 5 years ago

A fair question.
Limited doesn't mean shit and it hasn't for years. Big whoop. As long as it says "limited" on it and people can buy the same number as their other ones (I guess that's a thing), then they'll keep making them and people will keep buying them.

#42 5 years ago

I like more something like TNA no limit but will probably sell less than most pins. Artificial limited numbers don't mean anything to me, it's more about the package or the goodies that they can pack in to the limited. If it's mostly an art package, than (IMO) the premium looks stronger.

#43 5 years ago

Yes - just from the standpoint alone of a company following through with what they say if nothing else. This was a decision made under Stern's control and if we don't call them on it, we have no excuse to complain when they do something similar in the future.

FWIW: I've let Zach Sharpe know my concern re: this and he sent me a prompt and courteous reply. I urge others to do the same.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There's a small portion of the population that is buying all the new games. An even smaller number buying them without at least playing them first. Piss off your standard customer addict base enough times, you are going to run out of customers. People are wrong when they say Stern doesn't owe us anything. They owe us respect. Without the customers buying these sight unseen, there is no Stern. If you are going to set a number, once money changes hands that number should not change. Sure people like the idea of more of a game out in the wild, but most of the pre-order LE buyers only keep their game up to a year. If they cannot get a reasonable re-sale price out of the game to fund the next game, they will cease to buy them. Regardless of how the apologists want to spin it, LE in the terms Stern is using means a limited number. There is a standard perception of what that means. It does NOT mean arbitrarily upping that number whenever you feel like it.

Yes that's a generalization, there's always the super rich money is no object crowd that will buy anything without a second thought, but they are still a smaller portion of the picture. It's basically a debate in integrity between the rich and super rich. People with some morals realize that shady marketing practices should not be encouraged, which in our case the only option is to speak with the wallet. Unfortunately some peoples addictions and keeping up with the jone's mentality work against them.

#45 5 years ago

I have been mulling over if this increase is something to write home to my mom and ask her about, but then I thought, nah, I am a big boy now and can make my own decisions...

The 4 month wait on my MBrLE has me WAY more pissed off at CGC than anything Stern could do by increasing the number of available Munsters LE’s from 500 to 600.

Anyone who feels butt hurt by Stern for increasing the population of LE’s ought to experience and feel the sting of waiting an extra 4 months for their LE. Right now, I think I have a better chance of getting a Munsters LE on the secondary market before I get my NIB MBrLE delivered... and in one piece...

If I am in on a Munsters LE, I am in it for the rights to play and own a nice machine, not worry that it lost $1000 bucks when I took it out of the box, or it lost any value when Stern said we now are making an extra 100 machines.

At least Stern can deliver 600 machines in a timely fashion.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The only people pissed about this are flippers and "pinvestors".

Not true.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Eliminate the LE, and give only two options, pro and premium.

Ridiculous, everyone complained that the LE doesn't have enough added value over the premium and Stern listened and now we have some nice things they added like better speakers, non-glare glass, etc. Keeps people from having to buy stuff to add-on to the Premium.

#48 5 years ago

Who cares, make more !

#49 5 years ago

For anyone complaining about it going from 500 to 600 and it really upsets you.
See if your distributor will cancel your order.

In this case I would.
These sold out immediately for us and I still have a few people that would "really" like to purchase one whether it be 500 or 1000 of them being made.
The addition of 100 units only added 2 more games to my allocation and I had both sold within 1 hour.

The demand is there...be glad you were able to actually get one.

#50 5 years ago

I'm a bit surprised they didn't start with 700 but they likely wanted to get the flippers to buy up all the stock.

When I got STLE (one of 799) I was able to secure one after it was already on the market for 1-2 months so the dealers had some inventory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/600-munster-les-does-it-matter?hl=londonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.