• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE432E00-C0F3-4BC3-833E-B2694442FC83 (resized).jpeg
DFF2177E-2DD4-45E1-A2FD-8C8D3ACFB070 (resized).jpeg
Ford LTD (resized).jpg
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Who here has played Munsters?

I have. Put a mini review/comparison in the main thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/109#post-4792286

#102 5 years ago

Nice review, as I respect your input (fellow BM66 pinhead)...I sadly drained that thread, as it was just too cluttered, too early....hoping the "1313 Mockingbird" Club thread gets some traction once games start to drop.

I'm in (and paid in full) on LE, actually, love Stewie's mini PF on FGY, so hoping this combo works for me, I don't mind the stop and go, and just hoping for a fun pin....thanks again....mark

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I'd definitely be interested in hearing about any Stern title where they did not make at least 500 or 600 premiums (for titles where a premium edition was available).

Avengers, maybe Aerosmith, GOTG, Mustang all seem to have fewer Premiums than LE.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I'd definitely be interested in hearing about any Stern title where they did not make at least 500 or 600 premiums (for titles where a premium edition was available).

Only Stern knows for certain regarding their production numbers, but it’s possible that Mustang, Avengers, and GOT premium models were produced less then the LE models.

#105 5 years ago

IIRC, Pros came about as ops complained that cheap mechs and bling and added Kenner toys screwed down to bumpercaps was not worth the added $$$ and demanded cheaper games. Premiums became the trim level of the fickle collector, and LE’s became the plaything of the rich and famous, or at least just the rich with deep pockets and those selling plasma to fund their addiction. The “artwork is whats different” thinking between Premium and LE is kind of like a artificial, no cost way of pushing demand of the color LE up and to capitalize fully they needed the extra 100 units. I’ve been asking non pinheads about “limited” and how they would react if a company that they bought from did this. The only pushback came from people buying art, were they said there are real legal definitions to “limited” and how the word is applied.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

LE’s became the plaything of the rich and famous, or at least just the rich with deep pockets and those selling plasma to fund their addiction.

Hmmm wonder where I fit in now...I'm neither rich or famous...and I give my plasma for free.

#107 5 years ago

No

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

IIRC, Pros came about as ops complained that cheap mechs and bling and added Kenner toys screwed down to bumpercaps was not worth the added $$$ and demanded cheaper games. Premiums became the trim level of the fickle collector, and LE’s became the plaything of the rich and famous, or at least just the rich with deep pockets and those selling plasma to fund their addiction. The “artwork is whats different” thinking between Premium and LE is kind of like a artificial, no cost way of pushing demand of the color LE up and to capitalize fully they needed the extra 100 units. I’ve been asking non pinheads about “limited” and how they would react if a company that they bought from did this. The only pushback came from people buying art, were they said there are real legal definitions to “limited” and how the word is applied.

No matter how people spin it, Stern stating LE and numbers is a marketing strategy to increase perceived value. When you state a specific number that is intent. Is there a difference? Some. Is there THAT much difference with a 100? Questionable. With anything 'collectable' it really depends on demand. There is certainly way more value with a lesser number for something that is in demand. Stern are not saying "hey we'll make more, so we'll lower the price". Thus it comes off as disingenuous and a money grab. The ones saying it makes no difference don't care now, but you can bet if they ever go to sell and can't get what they want out of the game, they will complain then. The pinball resale world is strong right now, but it won't always be. Basically, I see both sides of this, and we're all just going to have to wait and see how it actually impacts things if at all. People who really want the game are going to buy it either way.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The truth is I really don’t care.
In the grand scheme of things it’s not a huge deal to me. But it should be to Stern. It’s their F ing business they are bastardizing slowly. I guess if they don’t care why should I?

I think it should be pretty clear, but in case stating the obvious helps, Stern doesn't care BECAUSE you (the buyers) don't care. I don't care as I am not a NIB buyer for this game (or any other game yet ; I do appreciate you guys feeding me used games now and then though...).

Quoted from iceman44:

Also, 500 isn’t really “limited” either
Over time (see current sales of BSM recently or inability to sell), ALL games will settle down into the $5500-$6000 sweet spot of top notch used games with a few exceptions of truly limited great games. Not talking restored.

This feels true; if someone took the time to type out ever modern Stern, there are a lot of great games, and some games that are just "eh". Some of the "less good" games are way more rare than the greats (CSI/24 vs. LoTR/SW). If I only had one slot to fill in my collection I would get the better game over the "poor but rare game" and I have a 9 game collection....

And 100% agree that 500 is not really that limited in this market...

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

LE’s became the plaything of the rich and famous, or at least just the rich with deep pockets and those selling plasma to fund their addiction.

Nice........I (and many others that buy LE's on occasion) fall into none of those categories.....

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I think it should be pretty clear, but in case stating the obvious helps, Stern doesn't care BECAUSE you (the buyers) don't care. I don't care as I am not a NIB buyer for this game (or any other game yet ; I do appreciate you guys feeding me used games now and then though...).

This feels true; if someone took the time to type out ever modern Stern, there are a lot of great games, and some games that are just "eh". Some of the "less good" games are way more rare than the greats (CSI/24 vs. LoTR/SW). If I only had one slot to fill in my collection I would get the better game over the rare game up to a "poor but rare game" and I have a 9 game collection....
And 100% agree that 500 is not really that limited in this market...

The number will always be 'limited' by demand. I think Addams Family is a very good example. That has the highest run, yet look at the prices still to this day. It is because of the high demand.

Then you have the very rare games that are high priced simply because there's only a handful of them. The problem is MOST people haven't even played those games to know if they want it or if they are even fun. It is a completely different collectability mindset.

That is why the jury is still out on Munsters.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nice........I (and many others that buy LE's on occasion) fall into none of those categories.....

There are always caveats to any statement. That being said, he's not far off. I doubt the 85% are buying NiB pins on any regular basis.

#113 5 years ago

This pic was from another thread.

Quoted from LesManley:

I have a feeling they source those from another company. They are not something they could do in house. They probably order and drop ship them right from that company.
On a more amusing note, my friend just got his two Dirty Donny limited edition posters in the mail...[quoted image]

But I want to throw out this hypothetical situation I was just thinking about.

What if 2 LE game were found to have the same duplicate number plate installed. Could stern sneak out a couple extra games this way? What’s the chances anyone would even find out; send them to different parts of the world. Stern doesn’t share serial numbers, who would ever know, unless the two owners just happened to cross paths.

If one duplicate plate was ever found would you still have faith in the whole LE numbering scheme?

EE432E00-C0F3-4BC3-833E-B2694442FC83 (resized).jpegEE432E00-C0F3-4BC3-833E-B2694442FC83 (resized).jpeg

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This pic was from another thread.

But I want to throw out this hypothetical situation I was just thinking about.
What if 2 LE game were found to have the same duplicate number plate installed. Could stern sneak out a couple extra games this way? What’s the chances anyone would even find out; send them to different parts of the world. Stern doesn’t share serial numbers, who would ever know, unless the two owners just happened to cross paths.
If one duplicate plate was ever found would you still have faith in the whole LE numbering scheme?
[quoted image]

That " hypothetical", if intentional, is fraud. Do you really think Stern needs the extra $$$ of LE over Pro to go down that road?

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There are always caveats to any statement. That being said, he's not far off. I doubt the 85% are buying NiB pins on any regular basis.

No caveat to blanket, unkind, false statements like that. Sick of this crap...If you want the " jury to be out" on the game itself, so be it.

But to once again ( not you directly, but in every thread that turns this way) start quantifying the people that decide to buy or not is horseshit.

Personal opinions are welcomed and will always differ, but to provide "wisdom/insight" directed at a global audience? Insulting to the people that buy and don't buy these games .

Give your opinion on whether you would buy/ like a game or not, but don't speak for anyone else...No one has any idea or metric

My absolute least favorite part of Pinside, yet it thrives ( sadly)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/600-munster-les-does-it-matter/page/3?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.