Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rivv
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.10.11 PM (resized).png
    DVD (resized).jpg
    0bbd7f1b185fdff0a2a809a7908a1fcc (resized).jpg
    qujebt6gibw51 (resized).jpg
    121616788_3702770873086849_3235438048792743834_n (resized).jpg
    65168BB8-A890-4C2D-9B22-E8500F19B916 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    7EB67400-FD5A-4C60-9A9A-7A76F059EBC7 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    F4314283-2B9D-4413-89FA-B907C3E18EFF (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    ED (resized).jpg
    KIMG0308 (resized).jpg
    KIMG0306 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210201_194427459 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210202_005158202 (resized).jpg
    5DB8B12F-5377-449A-8EE3-C22827FE1DAF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for trade

850+DVD & Blu-ray movies for Stern pinball

Added: 2021-02-15 01:26:43 UTC • Ended: February 16th, 2021
    Condition: Used, good condition

Price

Trade
    Listed at $ 5,000

Open for offers

I have 850+ DVD’s and Blu-ray’s that I’m looking at trading for a Stern pro pinball machine. Just shoot me what you have. All blockbuster movies. I know this is a long shot but with a try

Item photos

11C89576-A379-4A25-8E95-E3A86DCEA28A (resized).jpeg
    441840EF-02DD-4B3A-842A-56B92D9ABBA2 (resized).jpeg
    7AF77ED7-7A24-467B-88CD-B81311B08ABB (resized).jpeg
    850C81BE-54D0-4D3A-9A3B-7905B82EFC0A (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Yesh23's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Yesh23's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Indian Land, SC, US

#2 3 years ago

#3 3 years ago

Following out of immense curiosity

#4 3 years ago

Depends are they 600 dirty block “buster” movies ?!

#5 3 years ago

I’ll trade someone lifetime access to my Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, and HBO Max for a stern pro

#6 3 years ago

Lol

#7 3 years ago

I’ve got a (1 of around only 500 produced) 1995 VR4 Spyder I’ll trade for 3 of any of the following williams/Bally’s machines

AFM
    MB
    CV
    MM
    Totan

#8 3 years ago

Ill trade you 600 things no one wants in 2021 for something worth money.

Um.... no?

#9 3 years ago

I have an actual Blockbuster store I will trade for any shopped out EM.

PM me!

#10 3 years ago

Man there are that many blockbuster movies or did you buy an old blockbusters inventory?

#11 3 years ago

Thrift stores/flea markets sell both dvds and blu rays for a buck to $1.50 a piece.

How about some Stern Pro flyers?

Gave you an upvote for the chuckle your ad gave me.

#12 3 years ago

I'd offer a crisp $100 bill to take them off your hands

#13 3 years ago

This thread is an early contender for the "Best of Pinside."

Whatever you're drinking, I'd like some please.

#14 3 years ago

People still buy DVD's?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

People still buy DVD's?

And pinball machines!

#16 3 years ago

$5000 Stern pro divided by 600 DVDs = $8 + per DVD. Yep, makes sense. :/

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'd offer a crisp $100 bill to take them off your hands

OP, I'd take this offer!

#18 3 years ago

Sounds like a good way to get rid of a WWE Pro...

#19 3 years ago

If this works, I have about 1400 of them for a JJP GnR.

In all seriousness good luck. I love physical media but the sad truth is they just aren't worth more than a few bucks each anymore. Maybe if they were all 4K UHD you might have a chance. But DVD is worth almost literally nothing and Blu maybe $5 each if you are lucky.

It's sad to watch physical media die out. I hope it holds out for awhile yet. Streaming is great, and getting better all the time, but it still can't match a good disc.

Best of luck! I hope it does work out for you, but I really wouldn't hold your breath.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

In all seriousness good luck.

In all seriousness this (assuming this is not a goof) ...

This is an all time terrible trade idea and will lead to people offering DVDs in trade for years to come as a joke on here.

#21 3 years ago

Maybe?....Highest price DVDs

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

[quoted image]

...and here i was hoping for 600 copies of Sharknado 3!

#23 3 years ago

Prices on pins are ridiculous.
    I’m ready when VHS trades get hot.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

If this works, I have about 1400 of them for a JJP GnR.
    In all seriousness good luck. I love physical media but the sad truth is they just aren't worth more than a few bucks each anymore. Maybe if they were all 4K UHD you might have a chance. But DVD is worth almost literally nothing and Blu maybe $5 each if you are lucky.
    It's sad to watch physical media die out. I hope it holds out for awhile yet. Streaming is great, and getting better all the time, but it still can't match a good disc.
    Best of luck! I hope it does work out for you, but I really wouldn't hold your breath.

Amen. I have about 700 blu rays, and I love them. Physical media, be it vinyl or movies, are fun to collect, own and enjoy. But they’re not worth anything, and that’s okay.

The enjoyment is knowing I can watch or listen to whatever I want, whenever I want, regardless of any streaming service. Good luck OP, but it’s a tough sell.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

[quoted image]

Im going to go out on a limb and assume this trade has none of those.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

[quoted image]

So I got a chance

875D7DCE-5D43-4EE7-BF87-A720B45E4A76 (resized).jpeg875D7DCE-5D43-4EE7-BF87-A720B45E4A76 (resized).jpeg
    #27 3 years ago

DVD and Blu-ray are worthless. UHD Blu-ray I’m still buying because streaming quality does yet compare.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

DVD and Blu-ray are worthless. UHD Blu-ray I’m still buying because streaming quality does yet compare.

Many people do not have wireline decent internet, so we are left with watching DVDs, which is fine. It's a much simpler lifestyle - more time for pinball.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

So I got a chance[quoted image]

I got the same Book of the Dead..just pulled it out the other week and it still smells like ass.

#30 3 years ago

You could not pay me to take 600 DVDs

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from jds_:

You could not pay me to take 600 DVDs

I would take them and RIP them and then throw the physical media away...

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Blu-rays are still higher quality than streaming. With streaming, the video is compressed quite a bit, and you often see blocky compression artifacts, especially in darker scenes or scenes with a lot of movement.

For movies that I care about (or aren't readily available to stream), I'll keep a physical copy. Otherwise, I mostly stream out of convenience.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Amen. I have about 700 blu rays, and I love them. Physical media, be it vinyl or movies, are fun to collect, own and enjoy. But they’re not worth anything, and that’s okay.

Yeah, they depreciate pretty severely. I never buy brand new releases unless it's a gift for someone. I'll usually either wait a while for the price to drop, go to discount shops, shops with shelves of used copies, shops with bargain bins, or flea markets, garage sales, ebay, etc.

#33 3 years ago

Offering thousands of 1990s baseball cards for a Stern Premium. PM me.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

People still buy DVD's?

Pawn shops in MN used to pay 25 cents per, than they ended up with like 30,000 per store so they don't take them in anymore or if they do its 10 cents.

#35 3 years ago

There are VHS and DVD that are worth money only because they are out of print or were collector runs..

they are certainly not "blockbusters" though.

#36 3 years ago

The 'blockbusters' are actually the discs that aren't worth much, because they printed off millions of copies. I collect mostly cult and horror movies and many are definitely not cheap, even on dvd. Most quality cult flicks on blu ray from reputable companies like Arrow, Scream Factory, Vinegar Syndrome, Synapse and the like are also $20+.

#37 3 years ago

I prefer physical as well, but it's to watch in my theater and DVD looks bad... 4k UHD looks amazing though - 4k Netflix doesnt come close to a 4k disk. And then there's audio - from what I've read, most streaming doesn't do Atmos, let alone uncompressed audio. Now most don't care, but when you have a huge screen and great audio/acoustics, you would.

#38 3 years ago

I had around 1000 dvds before moving to the US, I tried selling them, then I ended up putting them in boxes down my apartment in Paris.
    I left them 3 weeks there and ended up throwing away a good 1/3 that was left.

Darn if I knew I could have got a pinball for them, thanks for the tip !

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I got the same Book of the Dead..just pulled it out the other week and it still smells like ass.

Because it's bound in human flesh. Possibly ass flesh.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Because it's bound in human flesh. Possibly ass flesh.

Assflesh confirmed. This set ought to get me an Iron Maiden premium. I mean...just look at that Ultra Rare AoD!

(Still slightly salty HD-DVD didn’t win...)

1F6DBDA8-2240-481A-9CCF-DF9FBE03A6DE (resized).jpeg1F6DBDA8-2240-481A-9CCF-DF9FBE03A6DE (resized).jpeg
    #41 3 years ago

What was last word? Started with a N.... Nickel, Necter. Oh it was Nope!

#42 3 years ago

This is funny because I’ve got hundreds of dvds since the move I’ve got to watch a few like the 4 Alien movies. Lots of titles are not available on streaming or you’ll need to pay.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Your typical mass produced movie is close to worthless, but you can't lump all of them in together. There's a ton of OOP high dollar titles out there. I buy them on ebay and resell them on Amazon and my best year was over 500k in sales.

With that said, I'd guess the OPs titles are junk and worth 25-50 cents each in bulk.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

With that said, I'd guess the OPs titles are junk and worth 25-50 cents each in bulk.

Maybe he can trade for a topper.

#45 3 years ago

Hell, I'd be happy to get $2/each for all of my blurays.

#46 3 years ago

Op should put his betamax in the mix to sweeten the deal. Could list his laser discs for a system 11...

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Your typical mass produced movie is close to worthless, but you can't lump all of them in together. There's a ton of OOP high dollar titles out there. I buy them on ebay and resell them on Amazon and my best year was over 500k in sales.

There are also many bonus features, documentaries, and other caveats that are on the discs.

#48 3 years ago

This is just two copies of the movie 300, one on blue ray and one on DVD.

#49 3 years ago

I guess I’m old fashioned and I like the idea of owning and holding the movie in my hands. Most physical copies offer you more, like the making of, interviews, behind the scene stuff of your favorite movies. I don’t buy as many as I use to, but I still pick one up once in awhile. In digital, I just felt like you never really own the movie if something happened to your service. Again, it’s just a preference.

For argument sake, it’s like saying I have over 60 pinball machines in my collection, only it’s the pinball arcade version.

#50 3 years ago

Woah I have a big box full of "valuable" Disney movie VHS tapes! What pin can I get with those?

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/600-dvd-ampamp-blu-ray-movies-for-stern-pinball?hl=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.