Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rivv
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.10.11 PM (resized).png
    DVD (resized).jpg
    0bbd7f1b185fdff0a2a809a7908a1fcc (resized).jpg
    qujebt6gibw51 (resized).jpg
    121616788_3702770873086849_3235438048792743834_n (resized).jpg
    65168BB8-A890-4C2D-9B22-E8500F19B916 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    7EB67400-FD5A-4C60-9A9A-7A76F059EBC7 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    F4314283-2B9D-4413-89FA-B907C3E18EFF (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    ED (resized).jpg
    KIMG0308 (resized).jpg
    KIMG0306 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210201_194427459 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210202_005158202 (resized).jpg
    5DB8B12F-5377-449A-8EE3-C22827FE1DAF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I think gryzzz started this trend with his corvette

I would've traded him too, if the shipping/traveling logistics made sense.

#102 3 years ago

Regret getting rid of all my vinyl records about 30 years ago. DVD’s, I chunk them whenever I find one laying around. Amazon prime is my source for watching old movies and I don’t watch many.

#103 3 years ago

I guess I’ll throw out an option too. Lego from 70’s and 80’s for pinball trade. Cat not included but she may be assembling. What will a set of blue, white or grey get me? Stern Pro or am I at EM money if at all? Oh and #paytheboob

7EB67400-FD5A-4C60-9A9A-7A76F059EBC7 (resized).jpeg7EB67400-FD5A-4C60-9A9A-7A76F059EBC7 (resized).jpegF4314283-2B9D-4413-89FA-B907C3E18EFF (resized).jpegF4314283-2B9D-4413-89FA-B907C3E18EFF (resized).jpeg65168BB8-A890-4C2D-9B22-E8500F19B916 (resized).jpeg65168BB8-A890-4C2D-9B22-E8500F19B916 (resized).jpeg
    #104 3 years ago

In highschool (mid 80's) I traded a cassette holder with 24 cassette tapes in it for this dead project of a 1964 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible. Cassette tapes were about $10 each new. With holder would say I had $250 into it. Kept the car for a few years then sold it for $2000 exactly the same way I got it.

121616788_3702770873086849_3235438048792743834_n (resized).jpg121616788_3702770873086849_3235438048792743834_n (resized).jpg

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Cat not included but she may be assembling.

How much for the kitty?

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I got about 50 laserdisc's and 4 CED's, plus 1 of each player. PM me with offers, looking for JJP and B/W A titles, and newer sterns only

Quoted from schudel5:

Laserdiscs only for me and probably nearly 200 of them right now. Some I have are worth in the $40 to $50 each range.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah what the heck, Laserdiscs are HOT right now. They’re totally separate from the DVD/Blu-ray discussion. Fans of those things are nuts.

Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yeah, the quality of streamed movies can get rough. I love submarine flicks, but anytime Netflix compression tries to handle underwater murky blue-gray, it's an ugly dance of squares and bands, worse than DVD upscale.
    P.S. Sooooo reminded of Todd Tuckey's poster guy. Ah, the memories...

Todd never posted the last part to that saga... that guy was incredible!

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Hell, I'd be happy to get $2/each for all of my blurays.

You got any old black and white or B movie horror/ monster/ SyFy over there?
    Original Godzilla's???? Stuff like that.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yeah what the heck, Laserdiscs are HOT right now.

Yah that sucks because I had some great and rare ones I sold off when they were not hot.

Got sick of lugging them around when I moved.

#109 3 years ago

RCA Selectvision discs?

Nice! We had about 40 back in the day.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

You got any old black and white or B movie horror/ monster/ SyFy over there?
    Original Godzilla's???? Stuff like that.

I actually used to search for shitty versions of the classics - Universal Monster films, Godzilla, Hammer, King Kong, etc. The reason? Because the newer "restored" versions took some of the charm out of what I remember. This was especially true for the old Universals.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Regret getting rid of all my vinyl records about 30 years ago. DVD’s, I chunk them whenever I find one laying around. Amazon prime is my source for watching old movies and I don’t watch many.

I haven't been able to bring myself to throw out all the discs, but I disposed of the DVD books/cases ages ago, so it all fits into a CD casebook. Remember those? CASE LOGIC!

Of course haven't watched any of them in ages.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I haven't been able to bring myself to throw out all the discs, but I disposed of the DVD books/cases ages ago, so it all fits into a CD casebook. Remember those? CASE LOGIC!
    Of course haven't watched any of them in ages.

I used to use those for CDs I kept in the car, but they really destroy the discs over time.

#113 3 years ago

I have a bunch of burned CD's of mixes I made from Napster years ago. What kind of pinball machines will those get me?

qujebt6gibw51 (resized).jpgqujebt6gibw51 (resized).jpg

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:Or video games.

Video games ? It doesn't take many carts from the Neo Geo to add up to a pinball value.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I have a bunch of burned CD's of mixes I made from Napster years ago. What kind of pinball machines will those get me?
    [quoted image]

$100 and we won't report you to Lars Ulrich.

#116 3 years ago

I'll trade Volvo microfiche from the late 50's through late 90's, a 77 YZ400 and 8 oz of honey smoked salmon for a nice Mata Hari, Meteor or Williams system 11. I can include a microfiche reader, if it seals the deal.

#117 3 years ago

Will trade for any pin that has an equal amount of boobs.

#118 3 years ago

I still enjoy physical media. I rip all my content to my server and can watch it anywhere on any devise using programs like Plex. Problem is once it's ripped I no longer have any use for it.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I actually used to search for shitty versions of the classics - Universal Monster films, Godzilla, Hammer, King Kong, etc. The reason? Because the newer "restored" versions took some of the charm out of what I remember. This was especially true for the old Universals.

I still do. Always look around places like goodwill and others. I also used to collect old 8MM movies and had a couple projectors. But like everything else sold them at one time or another.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

RCA Selectvision discs?
    Nice! We had about 40 back in the day.

Heck YEAH!

Still have a SJT-400 player I fixed up sitting on entertainment center.

Totally love dead and obscure formats; frequently just for the curiosity.

But there certainly are some laser discs, Dvds etc that either never were re-released on newer formats, or have extra stuff later formats didn't.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm in on the Flesh Bound Club. Autographed by the main cast as well as the special effect guy and composer.
    [quoted image]

You have certainly upped the bar in the club already!!

Very cool!

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I also used to collect old 8MM movies and had a couple projectors. But like everything else sold them at one time or another.

I grew up on those...that was before VHS. We had about 30 of them, and it was magical watching those. A few of them are on YouTube now, and watching them again brings back memories....the slow FPS gave the monster films a heightened sense of realism. My kids get irked when we're watching one of the real films and I let them know which scenes were on the 10 minute super 8.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Heck YEAH!
    Still have a SJT-400 player I fixed up sitting on entertainment center.
    Totally love dead and obscure formats; frequently just for the curiosity.
    But there certainly are some laser discs, Dvds etc that either never were re-released on newer formats, or have extra stuff later formats didn't.

You're rocking it! Most of them were pan and scan, but a few of them were widescreen, and good quality prints. The Man who Shot Liberty Vallance was one. And of course we had the hard to find Let It Be after it was pulled.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Will trade for any pin that has an equal amount of boobs.
    [quoted image]

anyone else curious what the can of soup is doing in the pic?

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

anyone else curious what the can of soup is doing in the pic?

Man if you have to ask...

#126 3 years ago

Please sending me all you Blow-ray film movies. Upon getting delivered I send you very nice Stearn Orbiting one machine. I have custom topping peece I will include you for any 8-track tapes or Atari game. I thanking you, but in addvance.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I grew up on those...that was before VHS. We had about 30 of them, and it was magical watching those. A few of them are on YouTube now, and watching them again brings back memories....the slow FPS gave the monster films a heightened sense of realism. My kids get irked when we're watching one of the real films and I let them know which scenes were on the 10 minute super 8.

Same here. As kids we would have movie night at my uncles. He would set up a screen and all us kids would watch movies for hours.
    This is still my all time favorite

0bbd7f1b185fdff0a2a809a7908a1fcc (resized).jpg0bbd7f1b185fdff0a2a809a7908a1fcc (resized).jpg
    #128 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Woah I have a big box full of "valuable" Disney movie VHS tapes! What pin can I get with those?

There’s actually quite a few Disney VHS that go for big bucks ‘cause Disney is one of the usual suspects who love to edit the shit out of their films and there are also half a dozen films they just REFUSE to re-release for whatever reason.

Also the Star Wars original VHS are popular for the same reason, they’re the closest to the originals before George constantly bastardized them for every “remaster”

#129 3 years ago

Need to tell how many DVDs and how many Blu Rays there are. DVDs are hard to sell for more than 40 cents each in lot. Blu Rays sell for more but not much more.

DVD (resized).jpgDVD (resized).jpg
    #130 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Need to tell how many DVDs and how many Blu Rays there are. DVDs are hard to sell for more than 40 cents each in lot. Blu Rays sell for more but not much more. [quoted image]

Shipping 48 bucks!

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Shipping 48 bucks!

Probably doesn’t understand media mail. It should be $10-15 for that many.

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Shipping 48 bucks!

Being shipped in a Stern Pro box.

#133 3 years ago

There’s actually quite a few Disney VHS that go for big bucks ‘cause Disney is one of the usual suspects who love to edit the shit out of their films and there are also half a dozen films they just REFUSE to re-release for whatever reason.
    Also the Star Wars original VHS are popular for the same reason, they’re the closest to the originals before George constantly bastardized them for every “remaster”

Other than SOTS, I don't think there is anything else that they have kept in the vaults. If nothing...they actually released the shorts that I thought they would NEVER release on the Treasures series.

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Can look ok with upscaling,
    none of my old DVD's upscaled on my OPPO - look as good as a 1080P or 4k stream
    I loved collecting physical media - but it's dead when you can stream 4k and soon 8k
    My guess is there will never be an 8K blu-ray player - 4K was the end of the line

Well, you gotta have 4K on a screen size and viewing distance where ithe resolution difference is not perceptible to the human eye over 1080p because marketing...

I just.giggle to myself sometimes

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Other than SOTS, I don't think there is anything else that they have kept in the vaults. If nothing...they actually released the shorts that I thought they would NEVER release on the Treasures series.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.10.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.10.11 PM (resized).png

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Probably doesn’t understand media mail. It should be $10-15 for that many.

It is typical ebay trick that has gone on for years. Low opening bid but outrageous shipping to make up for it. The seller will ship media mail and pocket the difference. If it sold for a buck ebay only got a small final fee on the sale. Ebay finally caught on to this and started taking a cut not only on the final sales price but also on shipping! So...if you calculate the exact cost of shipping you will actually loose money unless you think ahead and tack-on ebays cut. Love ebay...

#137 3 years ago

Holy crap thats a lot of CED's! Thats gotta be damn near the entire library!

The expensive disney VHS thing is not true. Thats just a fib old ladies on FB love to share and occasionally a crappy news article gets written about it. Almost all those Disney VHS's are worthless. Star wars on VHS is not very valuable either,thats just another myth. the LD versions are the most sought after and even those don't sell for crazy money.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

They made a ton of them, but that is collection is impressive.

#139 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Same here. As kids we would have movie night at my uncles. He would set up a screen and all us kids would watch movies for hours.
    This is still my all time favorite
    [quoted image]

Nice!

We didn't have that one, I can only imagine Raquel Welch in super 8!

Our go tos were Varan, Ghirda, Son of Kong, Rodan, and my favorite was the first reel of The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. The cyclopes was so f'ing mesmerizing in super 8.

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Quoted from Methos:

They made a ton of them, but that is collection is impressive.

Thanks.

Yeah, there are a lot more titles out there than I realized! Especially since it wasn't around all too long.

I bet I have about 200-225 titles. Most of them were whole.collections I acquired, so there are a few duplicates. And many of the less desirable titles. But there are some pretty good ones too.

Some day, I need to really go through them and work on improving my title list with some better ones.

The very first CED I ever got (before I even had a player) was Phantasm. I just loved the cover art when I saw it.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The 'blockbusters' are actually the discs that aren't worth much, because they printed off millions of copies. I collect mostly cult and horror movies and many are definitely not cheap, even on dvd. Most quality cult flicks on blu ray from reputable companies like Arrow, Scream Factory, Vinegar Syndrome, Synapse and the like are also $20+.

I have a few OOP releases from those labels that are worth a surprising amount, don't think they'll hold value long term though. I'd be interested if this was a complete Criterion collection with all the blu ray releases. I'd trade a pinball machine for that.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/600-dvd-ampamp-blu-ray-movies-for-stern-pinball/page/3?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.