Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lint
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“60's & 70's Metal Gottlieb Replay Button”

• Just buy new buttons. 7 votes
      100%
    • I have had the same thoughts. 0 votes
    • Try refurbishing the button, although time is money. 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 7 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

canon02042917a 003 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Need some input regarding the Replay Button (start button). Looking at improving the look of the front of a few Gottliebs.
    I have bought new Buttons from PBR, they are reasonably priced at $3.25. Some of the lower quality pins I have do not need a new button. Have seen some games on Pinside with the button painted bright red, which doesn't look quite right. The red colour is more translucent on the new buttons. What has been applied to the bare metal buttons to make them look this way? Are they anodized?
    Could a translucent red paint or dye be applied to the buttons? Take the button out, buff it, clean it, then colour it, could cost more than just getting a new ones.

I use a VHT anodised red spray can. For me the $3.25 + exch rate + shipping makes the spray can a good buy. Probably only need one can for a lifetime!

canon02042917a 003 (resized).JPGcanon02042917a 003 (resized).JPG

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Really good answers, thanks.
    Once a new button is installed, those metal flipper buttons with their worn off red colour will not match any more. It is a real slippery slope on replacing old parts for new, on a 40 plus year old game.
    Thinking that if a layer of paint is applied, the paint will just rub off, on the sides, as it is pushed into the coin door. A dye or ink goes on much thinner.

I hit the metal flipper buttons with the anodised red spray and cleared also-fully matched!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/60-s-amp-70-s-metal-gottlieb-replay-button?tu=wayner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.