20151121_192945 (resized).jpg
20151121_192930 (resized).jpg
IMG_9647 (resized).jpg
VIDEO0107_0000045071 (resized).jpg
IMAG0681 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I'm looking to buy a 60 in 1arcade but know nothing about them. I'm a EM pinball guy. While searching Craigslist and EBay can anyone give me any insight on what to look for and what to stay away from? I do want a full size cabniet with the coin slots to keep with the old arcade look. Should I go with a company like ec Amusements. I just don't want to get ripped off and I want a game but don't know what to look for. Thanks

#3 7 years ago

Where are you located? A friend of mine in California sells them in classic cabinets for $600-750.

#4 7 years ago

The "icade" 60in1 board is the best right now for the 60in1,no errors and very accurate.
Mike

#5 7 years ago

If you decide to build your own 60n1 game go to highscoresaves.com for pcb and parts top notch guy and lightning fast shipping

#6 7 years ago

I'd personally recommend that IF you do build one yourself, I'd go with the 412-1. I like it much better than the 60-1..

#7 7 years ago

I don't want to build it myself . To many Pinball projects but I wouldn't mind paying for someone to do it . I just need a little insight like the post said that icade is good. I'm in NJ. . Yes I would rather have the 412 in 1 the more games the better. I was looking to get something in a arcade cabinet for under 900 bucks but everything I see is around 1500 . I'm not paying that much. The family just wanted Pacman but I thought why spend the money on 1 game when I can get 60 or 412 . Is there a certain brand to stay away from?. If it's advertised as everything brand new should it last for many years?

#8 7 years ago

I got mine from Arcadeshop years ago.

#9 7 years ago

If you buy pre-built, I would make sure to look at it in person. A lot of crappy stuff comes out of china that looks really nice on the outside, but inside, it cheap garbage. Even including metal brackets that are either rusting due to its overseas voyage, or snapped right off at the bends.

#10 7 years ago

Check this out

nh.craigslist.org link

Mike

#11 7 years ago

Spider, I had no experience either and bought my first Candy Cab like 3-4 months ago. I was sooooooo frustrated for the longest time but glad I spent the time to learn about Naomi, JAMMA, controllers, etc. It's really not that hard once you get into it.

I say this because like you, I started with wanting to buy a 60-1 board then looked at Hyperspin. I think unless you buy a cabinet with a 60-1 game you'll be frustrated if you don't spend some time learning and you will most certainly over pay. However, if you do buy a cabinet that has those games in it, it will work but eventually you will get the fever for more games and will wish you had just learned it to begin with.

PM me with any questions.

#12 7 years ago

Go buy a working Cocktail or Cabinet that has a Jamma type board in it, Lots of different vids used them as the standard, and the 60 in 1 will be plug and play most of the time, worst case you might need to mess around with the ground wires, basically the vid is just looking for a ground connection all the time from the mpu, pretty easy stuff, then get the 412 in 1. Plus its very satisfying to build it yourself

#13 7 years ago

There is a guy in the south Jersey area on Craigslist selling 15000 in 1 units that he makes for like 500 bucks . Is that possible 15000 games

#14 7 years ago

I have one inside a nice Dig Dug cabinet. Bought it a few years ago from a local guy for $700. I prefer pinball obviously, but it's nice to have when guests come over and it looks cool. The only games I ever play are Pac Man, Frogger, Dig Dug, Mr. Doo, and the Kongs.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#15 7 years ago

He is fighting with some other guy putting there arguments on Craigslist. Beware of this. Beware of that but I emailed him and he said he will have a 15,000 in 1 for 400 bucks in acouple days . 15,000 is that like 14900 junk games? Have anybody heard of this. And thanks for the responses I have been on pinside for about a year but it's all been on EM Pinball. I have fixed up 5 machines and 1 em gun game , then I stumbled upon this forum topic so I thought I would give it a shot. I knew nothing about em Pinballs when I bought my first one now a few years later I have 5. But on this stuff I don't even know how to use a computer just which button to push that's why I wouldn't mind paying someone to make it

#16 7 years ago

That's what I'm looking for. One like that in a old cabniet for that price but around here they are upwards of 13 hundred . This all started out by the family just wanting a Pacman in my Pinball room

#17 7 years ago

My room

1473991447131-19899641 (resized).jpg1473991447131-19899641 (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

There is a guy in the south Jersey area on Craigslist selling 15000 in 1 units that he makes for like 500 bucks . Is that possible 15000 games

Yeah, that many games is possible but to play all the games you need a Frankenstein of a control panel so not really practical. You will never play that many games anyway.

Not sure where you are located but your best bet is to build your own which is not hard to do and empty arcade cabs are easy to come by or find someone near you that converts old games to 60 in 1 and sells them for $500-700 and be done with it. The only thing you have to really decide is if you have to have CRT monitor are good with a LCD/LED display. If you want the old look CRT is the best but monitors crap out and they ain't making them anymore.....

If you only casually play video games then a 60 in 1 is fine. It will have all the classics like pacman, Donkey Kong, Galaga etc.....but you can get one with a trackball to play centipede/Millepede as they were meant to.

Now those are all vertical games....if you want Stargate, Defender, Super Mario bros.....then you need to get a second machine that plays the horizontal games.....

Just some things to be aware of but the 60 in 1 is just fine. I have played plenty of originals and it emulates them just fine.....the only issues are the sounds on a couple of the games are off but most people don't know the difference....not enough to worry about.

#19 7 years ago

60 in 1 games are perfect. One cabinet, 60 games with excellent emulation. They are easy to build. Power supply, wiring harness, board and monitor. I have more than one, too bad you aren't closer

#20 7 years ago

The ultimate arcade is fun too.

20160213_195607 (resized).jpg20160213_195607 (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

You can buy any working JAMMA game and then plug in a 60-in-1. JAMMA is a standard making life very easy including changing over from CRT to LCD.

#22 7 years ago

The table we build is made to very high standards and is a fully licenced reproduction of the well known Hankin game manufactured and sold in Australia 30 years ago.

Our tables come with a certificate of authenticity and some features not found in the "Chinese cheepies" that you are probably looking at.

The first, and I think most important difference, is that all our machines have every single external metal part earthed and our machines comply with very strict Australian electrical safety standards. I have seen many of the Chinese units (some as recently as last week at an amusement show in Guangzhou) and one build made me cringe it was so badly built on the INSIDE - outside it looked OK.

Another feature not found on any other machine is the inclusion of our 4way/8way controller board. Some games such as Pacman are next to impossible to play using an 8 way control while others like Scramble can't be played AT ALL with a 4 way. Our electronic solution is switchable from the control panel so you can change the controls on the fly between games. The firmware for this is licenced from an Australian company.

Homepin is a 100% Australian owned and supervised/run factory in Shenzhen China trading in China as a "WOFE" (Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise). This means we do not have a Chinese partner looking over our shoulders trying to save $0.02 here there and everywhere. We ONLY build quality machines.

Brochure available here:
http://homepin.com/flyers.html

Tables available in the USA here:
http://www.modmypin.com/

#23 7 years ago

Do the 60-1 still have the sound issues with Donkey Kong?

#24 7 years ago

Get a Street Fighter cab, JNX Atlas adapter, and Pandoras box. Plug and play.

#25 7 years ago

Anybody in the South Jersey area that has one for sale let me know

#26 7 years ago

The 60 in 1 board is $50......please don't pay more than a few hundred for one in a cabinet...........Joey

#27 7 years ago

If money is no object and you want a finished product, look on your local Craigslist, someone is making them locally and selling them for $500-$600. And what they are doing is what I would do, buy a 60 in 1 board online for $50. My a generic "Classic Arcade" marquee or make one yourself. And then buy a generic jamma cabinet with a joystick and two buttons or more from Craigslist, a local operator, or a local collector for $150-$250 and swap in the 60 in 1 board.

#28 7 years ago

If you originally wanted a Pac-man, then get a working Pac-Man or Ms. Pacman where someone has already rebuilt the monitor. Buy a 60-in-1 PCB, a Pac cabinet to JAMMA adapter, and a switching power supply. Depending on the condition of the cabinet, you should be able to get all of this for around $600 depending on what's available in your area. If you have even rudimentary skills, you should be able to install this in about 30 minutes. And once you get it all set up go through the games and turn off the trackball games and any game that doesn't play right with a 4-way stick. The Pac cabinet JAMMA adapter can be configured to map P1 and P2 start buttons to button 2 and button 3 so there's no need to destroy or otherwise hack up your control panel. This whole process can be safely reversed in about 10 minutes to put it back to original. Do not buy a 60-in-1 that someone converted with a cheap LCD. The LCD adds display lag, and the 60-in-1 already adds input lag and frame skip. If you add all of those together you're going to wonder why you made the turn but your guy died anyway. Initially you'll chalk it up to being rusty at game x (let's say pacman) but you will soon realize that it's not you, it's the game. The original standard res. CRT monitor improves that experience.

#29 7 years ago

I bought this Ms Pac-Man / Galaga 20 Year Reunion a dozen years ago.
2 years ago I added a 2 in 1 switchable Jamma board and installed the original game board and the 60 in 1. It works great. I get to play all the classics but still have the originals as well.

20160213_105532 (resized).jpg20160213_105532 (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from behrmr:

If you originally wanted a Pac-man, then get a working Pac-Man or Ms. Pacman where someone has already rebuilt the monitor. Buy a 60-in-1 PCB, a Pac cabinet to JAMMA adapter, and a switching power supply. Depending on the condition of the cabinet, you should be able to get all of this for around $600 depending on what's available in your area. If you have even rudimentary skills, you should be able to install this in about 30 minutes. And once you get it all set up go through the games and turn off the trackball games and any game that doesn't play right with a 4-way stick. The Pac cabinet JAMMA adapter can be configured to map P1 and P2 start buttons to button 2 and button 3 so there's no need to destroy or otherwise hack up your control panel. This whole process can be safely reversed in about 10 minutes to put it back to original. Do not buy a 60-in-1 that someone converted with a cheap LCD. The LCD adds display lag, and the 60-in-1 already adds input lag and frame skip. If you add all of those together you're going to wonder why you made the turn but your guy died anyway. Initially you'll chalk it up to being rusty at game x (let's say pacman) but you will soon realize that it's not you, it's the game. The original standard res. CRT monitor improves that experience.

I wish a could find an original pacman or ms. pacman around here. A guy I work with wants a 60-1 and always asks me to keep an eye out for him since he knows I could do the conversion. Craigslist used to be polluted with them however now they are scarce and when one does come up for sale they want a ton for it.

#31 7 years ago

Any of you guys mess with running emulators in RetroPie? It's set up for the Raspberry Pi boards. Thinking I'll give it a go, the Raspberry Pi 3 boards are $35.

#32 7 years ago

The 60 in 1 board is old emulation running on basically a cell phone processor. Alot of the games have poor sound and the colors aren't right, I say this as someone who has one (I won it for free). If you want to do a multigame machine, I'd do hyperspin or Pandoras box. Probably more expensive but way better in the long run. If you do pay outright for a 60 in 1, you're basically paying for the cab itself and the monitor because as others have mentioned the boards are cheap, and if they replaced the monitor with an LCD, you'll never get the money back out of it. If I was to buy one I'd look for one in a cab I really wanted or one that was collectable and would have value down the road.

#33 7 years ago

Any of these ideas support golden tee?

#34 7 years ago

I was thinking of getting a 60 in 1 also, but in a cocktail table. Any advice on those? Local shops selling these but they're about 1300.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Any of you guys mess with running emulators in RetroPie? It's set up for the Raspberry Pi boards. Thinking I'll give it a go, the Raspberry Pi 3 boards are $35.

I'm working on replacing my 60 in 1'd Dig Dug with a retropie system right now. The 60 in 1 is functional, but not great. Doesn't really save scores, the menu is pretty rough, can't change game..

You do need a few extra cards besides the retropie, but it's still all less than $100. Especially if you're using a LCD. If you've got an original monitor, it's a bit of a trick getting HDMI out down to CGA 15hz.

#36 7 years ago

hankintable (resized).jpghankintable (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago

I also went with 60 in 1 with a Dig Dug cab...$500

20160916_192903 (resized).jpg20160916_192903 (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

I was thinking of getting a 60 in 1 also, but in a cocktail table. Any advice on those? Local shops selling these but they're about 1300.

I've tried some of those at retailers and was disappointed in the quality of the sound.Bombjack for example.Put me right off.

#39 7 years ago

I restored and converted this galaga cabinet into a 60 in 1. I have around $400 in it total which includes new decals. A little more work that I wanted to do for vid but I'm glad I did it. Games are good enough for casual play but sound quality is shaky on some for sure.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#40 7 years ago

I've got a bookmark on this one (Game Gate) for once my game room remodel is completed in a year or so. You can also add a game console into it to like a playstation or Xbox. 10,000 or so games. Pricey, but on my wish list until I find something that I like better. Looks like good solid construction. Anybody have one that can give a review of it?
https://vimeo.com/146194654

#41 7 years ago

That is nice . I wonder what something like that cost

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Any of these ideas support golden tee?

The above ^^^ supports Golden Tee. Verify that if you buy one as I'm sure there are various options.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

That is nice . I wonder what something like that cost

Expensive - from those guys it is $2495. I've seen a couple used on Craigslist here and there for about $2k.

The downside is that there are sooo many games that you have to "find" the game you want. One good thing is that it should have any arcade or older gaming console game that anyone would want to play that comes over.

#44 7 years ago

Yea I'm just looking for a arcade game cabniet with a 60 in 1 or more in it that I will have no problems with for years. Nothing crazy or special for under 900 bucks

#45 7 years ago

plus you want a cab with roller ball on cpo for games like missle command and centipede.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

Yea I'm just looking for a arcade game cabniet with a 60 in 1 or more in it that I will have no problems with for years. Nothing crazy or special for under 900 bucks

I've been toying with selling mine lately. I was going to list it for $995 with the hope of getting that or an offer very close. It would be at the high end of your range and also I'm probably too far to travel. But I'm also still not even sure if I want to sell it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago

Here the one I built years ago. Made a custom console by hand. Just added a track ball two years ago. This has a Perfect 19 inch CRT in that I bought NIB right before they stopped making them

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#48 7 years ago

That's nice hoby1. That's what I want. I was in Allentown a few months ago for Pinfest see

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I wish a could find an original pacman or ms. pacman around here. A guy I work with wants a 60-1 and always asks me to keep an eye out for him since he knows I could do the conversion. Craigslist used to be polluted with them however now they are scarce and when one does come up for sale they want a ton for it.

Check the Facebook groups and you'll find one especially if you expand your search to the Ohio collectors group. There are a couple for sale now.

#50 7 years ago

My heavily played 60-1. Got a great deal and always a hit with guests.

IMAG0681 (resized).jpgIMAG0681 (resized).jpg

VIDEO0107_0000045071 (resized).jpgVIDEO0107_0000045071 (resized).jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/60-in-1?hl=spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.