4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

60-in-1_Arcade_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 4 years ago

I’m pretty green to the Mame world. I’ve got my 60 in one set up but am having a hard time with the settings. When I turn the board dip sw to test, I can’t get off the screen test svc and test buttons do nothing. But if I turn it on holding the test or svc sw I can get into the settings and change what I want. But how do you save your settings? The manual is pretty scarce of instruction. What am I missing that my settings won’t save?
Thanks in advance!

#2 4 years ago

if i remember right you hold player 1button or sw1 button
good luck

60-in-1_Arcade_Manual.pdf60-in-1_Arcade_Manual.pdf
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

I’m pretty green to the Mame world. I’ve got my 60 in one set up but am having a hard time with the settings. When I turn the board dip sw to test, I can’t get off the screen test svc and test buttons do nothing. But if I turn it on holding the test or svc sw I can get into the settings and change what I want. But how do you save your settings? The manual is pretty scarce of instruction. What am I missing that my settings won’t save?
Thanks in advance!

I think its dipswitch 4 you have to turn off or on to get into settings. I flip dipswitch 4 and the power machine up. Once I set everything up in settings I always go back to the first screen that says hit S3 or S4 to do a system check. When I do that it seems to save the settings.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

if i remember right you hold player 1button or sw1 button
good luck

Yes this should be it.

There should be a designated button to boot into test/settings which needs to be closed on power up. That might be the same you use to scroll through the menu. Another switch (P1 or S1 etc) to save what you just changed. To be on the safe side I always save every page I edited before moving to the next page.

I don't recall adjusting any dip switches while doing this. I recall one of the 4 DIP switches enables/ disables the high score memory.

Speaking of memory I haven't adjusted my game in over 6 years so take my post with a grain of salt.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Yes this should be it.
There should be a designated button to boot into test/settings which needs to be closed on power up. That might be the same you use to scroll through the menu. Another switch (P1 or S1 etc) to save what you just changed. To be on the safe side I always save every page I edited before moving to the next page.
I don't recall adjusting any dip switches while doing this. I recall one of the 4 DIP switches enables/ disables the high score memory.
Speaking of memory I haven't adjusted my game in over 6 years so take my post with a grain of salt.

Dip switch 3 does high score saving

#6 4 years ago

I would go with the Phoenix arcade board, it cost more but is way better and the games are true to the originals as they use the game roms like mame. Thise 60bin 1 boards suck unless you are making them to sell

#7 4 years ago

To save your settings on those 60 in 1 boards just hit one of the start buttons (1p start or 2p start) after you have made any changes. It will say something like "setup ok" at the bottom of the screen to confirm the change. Then you can just unplug the machine, plug it back in and you should be good to go

#8 4 years ago

With the machine turned off.
Turn dip sw 4 to "on" position, and leave it on.
Turn machine on and it will power up in test / adjustment mode.
Do all of your set ups.
When finished press the 1 player or 2 player Start buttons. (either one)
"Set up Ok" should flash up on the screen.
Turn off machine
Turn off dip sw 4 and leave it off.
Turn on the machine and enjoy.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks for the help to all who posted! Is there anyone besides icade and Phoenix making classic multi game boards? I like what I’ve read about Phoenix except their price, the icade boards seem to lack a little but are super cheap. I guess this is another case of “get what you pay for”.

3 weeks later
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Dip switch 3 does high score saving

Do you have to go into settings and change something to save high scores ? I have Dip switch 3 on and mine does not save high scores . I just got this 60 in 1 about 2 months ago , I would like it to save high scores and thought it was set up to do so .

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Do you have to go into settings and change something to save high scores ? I have Dip switch 3 on and mine does not save high scores . I just got this 60 in 1 about 2 months ago , I would like it to save high scores and thought it was set up to do so .

https://www.mikesarcade.com/estore/datasheets/60IN1PCB.pdf

Dip switch 3 should be on and that should save your high scores

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I think the scores go away after powering off.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I think the scores go away after powering off.

Yeah they go away , I'd like to keep them after powering off . I have dip switch 3 set to on , but it doesn't save the scores . Not a huge deal but it seems pretty pointless to even put in your initials if they will be gone if the game is powered off . It is not left on all the time , we only turn it on if we are going to be playing it .

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah they go away , I'd like to keep them after powering off . I have dip switch 3 set to on , but it doesn't save the scores . Not a huge deal but it seems pretty pointless to even put in your initials if they will be gone if the game is powered off . It is not left on all the time , we only turn it on if we are going to be playing it .

The 60n1 will save the top score only, without initials, on the majority of the games....not all of them. This is only done with dip 3 on.

Sucks. It's Chinese quality. As someone stated...get what you pay for.

#15 4 years ago

I believe the very latest versions has a full save feature

#16 4 years ago

hello, when you get into the options(changing from 3 men to 5 men, extra man scores, etc.) for each game you scroll through you change the option, then you have to put the start button to lock the selection in. Once you push the start button(1 player I think) the game will say "set up OK", you can change and save all the original options but each option must have the "set up OK" start button pushed after you enter your selections. I hope this helps.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

Thanks for the help to all who posted! Is there anyone besides icade and Phoenix making classic multi game boards? I like what I’ve read about Phoenix except their price, the icade boards seem to lack a little but are super cheap. I guess this is another case of “get what you pay for”.

I bought a Pandora's box 12 just to try ( replaced my 60 in 1) and I am surprised how well it works so far. It does not keep high scores, and many of the 3,0xx games are duplicates but I figure even hiding them you still end up with a lot of games. This board only works with VGA and HDMI so if your cab has a original monitor it will not work.

ebay.com link: Pandoras Box 12 3188 in 1 Arcade board Jamma pcb 38 3D Video Game Machine HDMI

#18 4 years ago

Pandora's box 6... Allows you to add games to the 1300 built in.

Pandora Box DX.. 3000 built in. Can add 5000 more..

Personal preference to BitKit by craftymech. A little pricey but unlike anything talked about so far it uses FPGA and not emulation to run its games. Plays limited titles but worth every penny.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/60-in-1-what-am-i-doing-wrong- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.