3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hello, my machine has started to give replay credits in error. I must've jarred something since it started right after I was opening/closing it and moving it around. All replay award set plugs are fine and will still score at their settings. I haven't been able to find the bad switch and am not a schematic reader. ??? Thanks for assistance. Dave

#2 3 years ago

Maybe you're a better player than you think!

#3 3 years ago

Hmm yeah that's the ticket.

#4 3 years ago

Adding credits, here are some possible answers. The switch in the coin mech is being triggered. The credit button switch is being triggered. Could you have bent either of those switches by accident?

#5 3 years ago

Does it randomly just award a credit during game play (with a knock), or does it award extra credits when you actually win one? I had a game that would sometimes ratchet the credit wheel twice for winning a replay. It was a mechanical adjustment on the credit unit that fixed it.

#6 3 years ago

Fixed! Thanks for the help. (I had been checking back here while running the kids around). Found I had bumped the match relay armature in the cab, while looking for a screw, that blew a fuse.
    (Then the match feature wouldn't work because a bulb had fallen onto one of the jones plugs in the back box shorting it out, but that is another story)
    Dave

image_(resized).jpeg

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Does it randomly just award a credit during game play (with a knock), or does it award extra credits when you actually win one? I had a game that would sometimes ratchet the credit wheel twice for winning a replay. It was a mechanical adjustment on the credit unit that fixed it.

Hey, jr... do you happen to remember what specifically was the fix for this problem?

I've got a friend who has a 4 Roses that is doing the exact same thing.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Fixed! Thanks for the help. (I had been checking back here while running the kids around). Found I had bumped the match relay armature in the cab, while looking for a screw, that blew a fuse.
    (Then the match feature wouldn't work because a bulb had fallen onto one of the jones plugs in the back box shorting it out, but that is another story)
    Dave

image_(resized).jpeg

Ooh, nice "Wagon Train". Love that game!

Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Hey, jr... do you happen to remember what specifically was the fix for this problem?

I don't remember exactly. It was a Gottlieb game though. Something with the credit unit was buggered up. It would only do it once in a while.

#9 3 years ago

Mine would give the single credits at the settings, but also a bunch in advance, one at a time though. Having the match relay armature out of adjustment made that happen. No more digging around pinball cabs after midnight for me! Nothing good happens after midnight.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Nothing good happens after midnight.

Especially successful pin repair...

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballprowess:

I'd simply just peek at the unit itself. Make sure it's working fine mechanically. If you activate the coil plunger swiftly by hand, does this still happen? (You'll have to ask him, I would assume, of course)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 26.95
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 149.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside