Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4659 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

Looking to add an arcade game. I guess a 60 & 1 would be the best budget move to get the favorites. Been talking to the Arcade shop. They will make me a brand new donkey cabinet for the like 1800 plug and play. Is this a good price ? And advice what to look for ?

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

The board itself (60 in 1) is less than $50...so you can go off that to decide if it’s worth it to you...........Joey

#3 5 years ago

Not really. Unless you want all the shinny NEW!
    Average price for hobbyist built 60-1 is about $600 to $1200 depending on how nice of shape it is.
    I used to build and sell these for $900. It would include a reconditioned and repainted cab and rebuilt monitor.
    All other parts were new.

#4 5 years ago

Yeah I agree. Buy a nice solid Ms Pac around 800 and throw in the 60 dollar board with a 20 dollar power supply. You’ll be a lot happier and you’ll have an original game on top of it.

#5 5 years ago

Look up prince arcades or Jeremy fox on facebook. They have nice ones in any style and art you like for under 1400. They use nice controls as well.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Looking to add an arcade game. I guess a 60 & 1 would be the best budget move to get the favorites. Been talking to the Arcade shop. They will make me a brand new donkey cabinet for the like 1800 plug and play. Is this a good price ? And advice what to look for ?
    Thanks

You can get a cocktail brand new for $1199 all day long that has Donkey Kong and all the top games of the 80s. Less than $1000 if you really dig around.

Here's a craigslist ad from near here with that machine for $1199. They get them from China in containers for like $300-400+ shipping in quantity and if they do a container at a time, shipping per cabinet is pretty cheap for them, so at $1200, they're making like $600 or more profit on each one.

sacramento.craigslist.org link

Here's a sample Chinese manufacturer ad (no, you're not getting it for $100, it's more like $400+ shipping):

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/retro-arcade-cocktail-table-cabinet-games_60796053186.html

#7 5 years ago

I have a bar top multicade but use the 412 in 1 jamma instead. I've been happy so far.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks guys...only have played around with pins....arcades is a new thing to me...appreciate the help.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

412 in 1 jamma

What is the 412 in 1 jamma? Do you have a link?

#10 5 years ago

look for arcades sd. 60-1 game doesnt translate well.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from foxtj24:

Look up prince arcades or Jeremy fox on facebook. They have nice ones in any style and art you like for under 1400. They use nice controls as well.

Second on this. Jeremy does nice work.

#12 5 years ago

If you care about presentation and quality of emulation buy the ArcadeSD or Arcadeshop version of the multiboard. Tell tale sign is the starfield background and nicer menu.

IMG_4659 (resized).JPGIMG_4659 (resized).JPG
    #13 5 years ago

Go with the Arcadesd board from phonix arcade, they cost more but the games are true to the original as they use mame roms. The 60 and 1 boards have missing sounds or incorrect ones and some games have wrong colors.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Thanks

I have a 60-in-1 in a Xybots cabinet in NE Ohio for $500.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/60-amp1-buying-advice?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.