6 Stern Games in 2015

By MikeCP

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Haven't seen this discussed yet given the TWD news dominating, but as this article states:

"The Walking Dead pinball is one of six machines Stern Pinball has planned through 2015, Dankberg said."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/9/6123717/the-walking-dead-is-getting-a-real-pinball-machine-it-uses-a-crossbow

Technically, Stern actively built 6 games during 2014 (Met, ST, Mustang, IMVE, ACDC, TWD), but this makes it sound like 6 new releases (or VEs), no?

#2 9 years ago

No doubt thier factory must be a well oiled machine. I do not really consider VE new release. Light modification to match current Stern standards no re-engineering of parts or anything.

Hobby is flooding with titles.

#3 9 years ago

Bring on tspp or lotr VE. The two games that I'd like to see made.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Bring on tspp or lotr VE. The two games that I'd like to see made.

I'm not sure they would consider tspp. Seems like quite the BOM on that game to remake as a VE. Who knows for sure, though?

#5 9 years ago

When will they start producing the TWDLEs, 2014 or 2015?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

October 2014.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeCP:

Haven't seen this discussed yet given the TWD news dominating, but as this article states:
"The Walking Dead pinball is one of six machines Stern Pinball has planned through 2015, Dankberg said."
http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/9/6123717/the-walking-dead-is-getting-a-real-pinball-machine-it-uses-a-crossbow
Technically, Stern actively built 6 games during 2014 (Met, ST, Mustang, IMVE, ACDC, TWD), but this makes it sound like 6 new releases (or VEs), no?

"When I walked into the factory five years ago it was dead silence. Now we create 250 to 350 machines a day."
That must be a misprint?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I would say before the holidays they will certainly be done. I'm more concerned with my MMRLE that I already payed for. I'm thinking a new Music Pin is due up soon one will hit in 2015 no doubt (Aerosmith is my guess but would love to see a Led Zeppelin, The Beatles or Tom Petty *Going to see Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers tonight at MSG!!*). Probably another or maybe even two more VE next year with a
One being a movie theme. We should be so lucky things are good in the pinball world. Sterns banging out great stuff and hopefully that trend will continue. Despite the fact that the VE's aren't new releases the hobby is getting more exposure and collectors are able to get a proven great title new. I think it would be great do them to do one Retro theme per year I.e.; Jaws, Goonies, Spaceballs, Labyrinth, Ghost Busters, Back To The Future remake etc...

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

"When I walked into the factory five years ago it was dead silence. Now we create 250 to 350 machines a day."
That must be a misprint?

Yah, it's gotta be. I could see that number on a per week basis, but even that's a little ambitious, IMO. 50-70 per day?

#10 9 years ago

Superman and Kiss are coming right? So including TWD that's 3. MMR is probably counting as one. And im guessing pps will probably make another anouncement of another remake in october due to the overwhelming sales success of MMR. So if they continue to use Stern as a CMO that would be 5. Perhaps another VE or continuation of a current title would be the 6th.

Thats all speculation so take it with a grain of salt. But judging by historical trends and the developmental capacity of the company, I don't think they have the resources to design/complete 6 machines from scratch.

#11 9 years ago

This is GREAT news.

#12 9 years ago

Great news indeed, and I really like the VE stuff. I know some who consider pinball an investment dont care for it, but I love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/6-stern-games-in-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.